Wallenda crosses Niagara Falls the pictures will kill you

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tinydancer, Jun 16, 2012.

1. tinydancer

tinydancer Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,988
    This is just unreal. I've always been a fan of what people call "daredevils" these days., but in the old days we just knew they were talented individuals with a taste for risk taking.:razz:aka going on Ed Sullivan.

I once made my mom cry when I took the brand new Barbie she bought me and I put it on a spinning wheel I constructed out of cardboard and hangers with my Baba's help and threw knives at her.

My dad on the other hand was proud. Barbie kept all her limbs. I almost had a future with Ringling Brothers if my stupid family hadn't forced higher education on me. . :eusa_whistle:

Check out some of the pics. I'll put up a link for the rest. Breathtaking. Just awesome.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Niagara Falls tightrope walk 2012: Walker Nik Wallenda becomes first person to cross | Mail Online

:eusa_clap::eusa_clap::eusa_clap:

what a rush!

2. tinydancer

tinydancer Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,988
    Oh and just a quick note for those who have never been to Niagara Falls. The sound of the water is like raging thunder in your ears. It's a sound like no other.

I've been under the Falls, that's a tour to die for and by all means take the Maid of the Mist brings you to the edge. Right up to the edge. If you ever have a chance take the time to go there. It's awesome.

Lucky for me, it was just a Sunday drive growing up in the family who believed in picnics at the Falls.

It will take your breath away to witness the sheer beauty and force that is Niagara Falls.

3. Lovebears65

Lovebears65 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,043
    Been to Niagara once on the Canadian side . My brother had a baseball tournament up there and on our way home the bus made a stop. It was breath taking

4. Harry Dresden

Harry Dresden Latinum, Plantinum,Silver,Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,650
    was born and raised there TD.....and it is a sight to see......

5. waltky

waltky Wise ol' monkey Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,881
    Chinese daredevil tops Wallenda...
    :eek:
    Chinese tightrope walker Adil Hoshur sets new world record for 1,400m crossing
    15th September, 2012 - Chinese tightrope walker Adil Hoshur and two disciples have set a brand new world record for the daredevil pursuit by completing a walk along a wire that stretched for 1,400 metres across a canyon.