Wall Street suspects Goldman charges 'not coincidental' to financial reform effort

I think Goldman Sachs has doone a lot of questionable things. Having them investigated is perfectly legitimate. Inthe course of this, I expect Giethner to be found guilty of fraud and conspiracy to commit fraud. Investigate away. Hope the more liberal element here is prepared for collateral damage.

I think Goldman Sachs has doone a lot of questionable things. Having them investigated is perfectly legitimate. Inthe course of this, I expect Giethner to be found guilty of fraud and conspiracy to commit fraud. Investigate away. Hope the more liberal element here is prepared for collateral damage.

If they are dirty get em up to and including Obama or Bush even.

Nine decades ago Huey Long saw Republicans and Democrats more clearly than most of us do today.

He saw Washington as a restaurant that served only one dish.
Republican waiters lined one wall.
Democrat waiters lined the other.

But whichever party delivered your order "...all the grub comes from Wall Street's kitchen."

Want some Real Change in 2012?
How about Nader v Paul with the loser serving as VP?

That level of Change begins next November by FLUSHING as many Republicans AND Democrats from the US Congress as possible.

If Obama abused his power in having the SEC start this investigation he needs to be impeached

Strawman.
Strawman nothing.

You're jumping up and down with glee that there's suddenly going to be transparency, from a bunch of goombahs who haven't yet been transparent, other than for the fact that those who will look can see right through them.

And you're still a rube. :lol:
Yet another strawman.

Making this bit of the banking system transparent corrects a lot of stupidity...and in fact it is possible the economy wouldn't have crashed with this sort of transparency.

But since Obama's administration came up with it, in your eyes it is BAD. :lol:

Hack.
Wanna buy a bridge, rube?

"Only at the very end of the senate Democrats' enormous 1408 page financial reform is there a hefty chunk of solace for the bankers, in the form of section 1155, a generally unnoticed provision clearly mandating another taxpayer-funded bailout all round the very next time disaster strikes."

A few hundred words later, Alexander Cockburn makes this accusation:

"However, anyone who believes official trumpetings about ending mega-banks bailouts should take a look at the paragraph on page 1379:

"'During periods of severe economic distress...the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation shall "create a widely available program to guarantee obligations of solvent insured depository instituions or solvent depository institution holding companies (including any affiliates thereof.."'

Republicans AND Democrats...Wall Street OWNS them both.

Forum List

Back