Wall Street Journal--Newt Gingrich could be the GOP nominee

Not caring that Newt backed and worked to pass GLB which caused this economic mess is insanity

It was passed with bi-partisan support and signed into law by Clinton. And you want to blame Newt?

Damn you are one stupid fuck!

I personally think Clinton takes the majority of the blame, since the buck stops with him. But don't say Gingrich as House Speaker is blameless!

did you see the number on which it passed in the house?

Did you see that the republican party KEPT the protections in the law from being instated for 8 years?

Your party caused this mess and now you are flip flopping yourself and saying the Dems were right about DE regulation being BAD for our country?

Welcome to sanity 15 years too late

Liberals are incredibly afraid of Newt.. they know he will make their messiah look like the complete fool that he is.

You are ignoring all the facts.

look at my signature and see that the Bush SEC refused to instate the protections in the 1999 law which could have prevented this mess.

They did not instate those parts of the GLB act for 7 years........why?

Why change the subject?

We are talking about Newt not Bush.

Newt played no role in Bush's administration.

At least concede on the argument at hand before starting another.

Newsvine - Newt Gingrich and the GOP writing a new Contract to Destroy America

Newt worked to deregulate all his carreer.

He helped GLB pass.

The restrictions that were NOT implimented by republicans who controled the entire government are part of the history of this bill.

Newt fought for it and now adimitts DEREGULATION caused this mess.

He is now PRO REGULATION.

That is against what all republicans I know tout as what we should do.

Are you PRO regulation?

You are an idiot, deregulation did not cause the financial meltdown.

Financial Crisis Inquiry Report.

Although there were many contributing factors, the housing bubble of 1997-
2007 would not have reached its dizzying heights or lasted as long, nor would
the financial crisis of 2008 have ensued, but for the role played by the housing
policies of the United States government over the course of two administrations.
As a result of these policies, by the middle of 2007, there were approximately 27
million subprime and Alt-A mortgages in the U.S. fi nancial system—half of all
mortgages outstanding—with an aggregate value of over $4.5 trillion.4 Th ese were
unprecedented numbers, far higher than at any time in the past, and the losses
associated with the delinquency and default of these mortgages fully account for
the weakness and disruption of the f nancial system that has become known as the
financial crisis.

I've been saying for a month or more that Newt would be the nominee. With Perry's flat out collapse last night and Cain's issues, that only leaves Romney and Newt. Romney isn't well liked in the GOP, so Newt it is.

Well, almost a month, just to be honest.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back