Walker's Budget Will Increase the Budget by 1%

ClosedCaption

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2010
Spending would increase 1% under Walker budget - JSOnline

Madison — Gov. Scott Walker's proposed budget would increase overall spending by 1% over two years rather than reduce it as the administration had said earlier this month.

To be fair: This is the smallest increase in 20 years

To be partisan: He lied, well if you believe that Obama lied about the stimulus keeping unemployment below 8% then you must believe that Walker is also a liar for saying his budget will be cut by 6%

You know......Walker was planning on being heralded a hero, and a lot of the other GOP governors were looking to him to see what happened.

It was a miserable failure.

However......based on Walker's performance, I'm betting the next election is gonna see some major ousting of the GOP.

OF COURSE he's gonna increase the budget. Gotta pay for those corporate tax cuts somewhere.

When's the last time the overall budget decreased?

Republicans and Democrats are equally fiscally liberal.

We've given them the world's highest limit credit card too, and we're seeing the results.

You know......Walker was planning on being heralded a hero, and a lot of the other GOP governors were looking to him to see what happened.

However......based on Walker's performance, I'm betting the next election is gonna see some major ousting of the GOP.

OF COURSE he's gonna increase the budget. Gotta pay for those corporate tax cuts somewhere.

:lol:

To be fair, 1% over two years is way under inflation.

I wish our spending since 1997 only increased at that rate. We'd be having a lot less problems.

He increased the budget when he said he would cut it. Whaddaya all of outrage today?

Spending would increase 1% under Walker budget - JSOnline

Madison — Gov. Scott Walker's proposed budget would increase overall spending by 1% over two years rather than reduce it as the administration had said earlier this month.
To be fair: This is the smallest increase in 20 years

To be partisan: He lied, well if you believe that Obama lied about the stimulus keeping unemployment below 8% then you must believe that Walker is also a liar for saying his budget will be cut by 6%

Let us be really fair.

Politicians have been saying for years that a decrease in planned spending amounts to a spending cut. You can cut spending even if you spend just as much as you did last year, hence the uproar over Obama's freeze on discretionary spending.

If the Wisconsin budget is only increasing by 1% over last year, that is a draconian cut for a government that faced a multi billion dollar deficit. Not that I am surprised that suddenly all the cuts that he proposed amount to an increase in the budget.

I thought tax cuts increased the deficit. How did they suddenly increase spending?

If Obama had limited his increase in total spending to 1% a year, we wouldn't have $T+ deficits.

Just sayin'.

When I read this earlier it was a little different.
4th paragraph:
When Walker unveiled his budget proposal on March 1, he said it would cut spending of all dollars by more than $4 billion, or 6%. But those amounts didn't include spending cuts that simply amounted to transferring entities like UW-Madison and a new agency to replace the state Department of Commerce off the state's books.

Completely different out come and I suspect a deliberate attempt to "mis inform"

If Obama had limited his increase in total spending to 1% a year, we wouldn't have $T+ deficits.

Just sayin'.

Yeah that and if kept Iraq off the books with some creative accounting. Just 2 years ago you guys loooooved that

Actually, quite a few of us didn't looooove that.

Things being as they are, I'd consider a scant increase of 1% in federal spending an immense victory.

Oh I know, I remember all those protests about spending...That huge march that happened on the 31st of February 2007 remember?

Everyone was soooo against it that they never said anything...Must be because you guys were so shocked you were left speechless

You haven't seen the Tea Party protests?

Did you think the despondency and outrage over excessive spending and federal overreach just popped up overnight?

The Tea Party protests in 2007...Yeah, I remember that event on the 5th of Neveruary

Did you think the despondency and outrage over excessive spending and federal overreach just popped up overnight?

The Tea Party protests in 2007...Yeah, I remember that event on the 5th of Neveruary

:lol:

That's some funny shit right there but in Oddball's defense he's been bitching about the spending since the first time I met him five years ago. He isn't like many here who became Born Again Fiscal Conservatives the day after Obama was elected.

You also missed the people in the GOP who were going bananas over the bailouts, and McQuisling's phony "suspension" of his campaign, only to turn around and go along with the D.C. insiders....That little stunt may well have cost him the election.

How do I know?...I was still posting at a certain righty/neocon forum, which will remain unnamed, at the time and the regulars were losing their minds....As it were.

So, yes, the it's safe to say that the Tea Party thing has taken some time to gather steam.

Forum List

Back