Walker Worst Jobs Record Of Any Governor In America

Truthseeker420

Gold Member
Mar 30, 2011
Home of the 2013 BCS National Champion
Remember back in February, at the height of the controversy surrounding public employee unions in Wisconsin, the idea was trotted out that Governor Scott Walker’s anti-union efforts were part and parcel of a broader, bolder economic vision that would lead to growth and prosperity in the Badger State? Now one year on and with a recall election looming for Walker ironically it may be his record on job creation that does Walker more harm than his anti-union sentiments. Why, because since he took office and enacted his program “Wisconsin has lost more jobs…than any other state”, according to Craig Gilbert of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. What follows is an analysis of Scott Walker’s economic performance. The figures below are all seasonally adjusted, all charts, graphs and statistics courtesy of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel:

Total Jobs. “In Gov. Walker’s first 13 months (using December 2010 as the baseline), the state lost 8,500 non-farm jobs. That was worst among the 50 states. Only four other states experienced a net decrease in that time. If you take the most recent 12 months — January 2011 to January 2012 – the state lost 12,500 non-farm jobs, also worst in the nation, a fact Democrats have seized on.”

Blue Mass Group | The Worst Jobs Record Of Any Governor In America

jobs_short_table1.jpg

Romney had a lower rate of unemployment than the national average and left office with a higher rate. Only Louisiana was worse than his record and it was hit by Hurricane Katrina. But since he didn't bankrupt the state, I guess it's a record Republicans can be proud of.

Funny when a political party considers anything less than a catastrophe a massive "success".

Romney had a lower rate of unemployment than the national average and left office with a higher rate. Only Louisiana was worse than his record and it was hit by Hurricane Katrina. But since he didn't bankrupt the state, I guess it's a record Republicans can be proud of.

Funny when a political party considers anything less than a catastrophe a massive "success".

Really? I have not seen that promoted on the "liberal media".

Really? I have not seen that promoted on the "liberal media".

That is because Mass. had virtual full employment at the time.

Ah.... The Pre-Pelosi Era. Good times!

Wow, the worse in ALL AMERCIA huh?

good gawd:rolleyes:

Last edited:
He closed a $3B budget gap, Obama should call him for advice

The jobless recovery needs help with actual jobs. It will create revenue. The states are required to actively bring work to their states, they have a vested interest in this concept.

He closed a $3B budget gap, Obama should call him for advice

The jobless recovery needs help with actual jobs. It will create revenue. The states are required to actively bring work to their states, they have a vested interest in this concept.

The jobs will come, now WI can actually cut the cost of doing business in the state and businessmen will open and jobs will come

That's how the real world works

CA and NY with unsustainable deficits might be in for a tougher time, government "Stimulus" notwithstanding

Forum List

Back