Walker thought about using troublemakers...

well...this thread went as well as expected.

I can only conclude that Republicans in general will rationalize anything...as long as it is their side.

Prove he sent out "trouble makers" or STFU you trouble making shit starter... Omg, a liberal that is what he hates... shocking.

It's ironic yet despite it being clear as day, you can't see it can you?

So having your own operatives speaking out within a protest is anti Democracy but legislators running away from the state is somehow pro Democracy?
I had a feeling, if you posted, that you'd rationalize it away.

Thanks for living up to my expectations.

Anyone want to take a serious stab?

Yes, I will. In the end he didn't, and when you consider how "important" all of this is that says a lot as to what it might take for him to.

So, here is my prediction... People attack him for what he didn't do, then try and rationalize their attack with he *could have* sent out people... As if the Union and Dems are not doin that very same thing, right now.

So this is a "Thanks for living up to my expectations" in the future posts or posts I didn't read before mine.
Thanks for the effort. I think that even considering it means he isn't to be trusted to keep the best interests of his constituents at heart.

he decided against doing it, and I suppose we can believe him since he thought he was talking to an ally.

But what is up with that? He shouldn't have even thought about it or discussed doing it...

Very anti-Democracy, imo.

What do you think?

I listened to the conversation, and did not here anything about him considering troublemakers. He did comment about having a baseball bat when he was told that he should bring a club to the meeting he was trying to set up, but that was the only thing that made me wince. What is it you are objecting to, and where did you read that he said it?

I had a feeling, if you posted, that you'd rationalize it away.

Thanks for living up to my expectations.

Anyone want to take a serious stab?

Yes, I will. In the end he didn't, and when you consider how "important" all of this is that says a lot as to what it might take for him to.

So, here is my prediction... People attack him for what he didn't do, then try and rationalize their attack with he *could have* sent out people... As if the Union and Dems are not doin that very same thing, right now.

So this is a "Thanks for living up to my expectations" in the future posts or posts I didn't read before mine.
Thanks for the effort. I think that even considering it means he isn't to be trusted to keep the best interests of his constituents at heart.

Thanks for not disappointing... You officially attacked him for something he didn’t do.

he decided against doing it, and I suppose we can believe him since he thought he was talking to an ally.

But what is up with that? He shouldn't have even thought about it or discussed doing it...

What do you think?

I listened to the conversation, and did not here anything about him considering troublemakers. He did comment about having a baseball bat when he was told that he should bring a club to the meeting he was trying to set up, but that was the only thing that made me wince. What is it you are objecting to, and where did you read that he said it?

"What we were thinking about the crowds, was planting some trouble makers," "Koch" says.

Walker: Well, the only problem, because we thought about that, my only gut reaction to that would be, right now, the lawmakers I've talked to have just completely had it with them.

What do you think?

"What we were thinking about the crowds, was planting some trouble makers," "Koch" says.

Walker: Well, the only problem, because we thought about that, my only gut reaction to that would be, right now, the lawmakers I've talked to have just completely had it with them.

Yup here is again:

Murphy: Right, right. Well, we’ll back you any way we can. But, uh, what we were thinking about the crowds was, uh, was planting some troublemakers.

Walker: You know, the, well, the only problem with that — because we thought about that. The problem — the, my only gut reaction to that is right now the lawmakers I’ve talked to have just completely had it with them, the public is not really fond of this. .

Transcript of prank Koch-Walker conversation

Yup here is again:

Murphy: Right, right. Well, we’ll back you any way we can. But, uh, what we were thinking about the crowds was, uh, was planting some troublemakers.

Walker: You know, the, well, the only problem with that — because we thought about that. The problem — the, my only gut reaction to that is right now the lawmakers I’ve talked to have just completely had it with them, the public is not really fond of this. .

Sorry, I really can't get outraged about 'thought'. On the day that we hang someone for their 'thoughts', we may as well change our name to 'Cold War Russia'. This is drivel.

Yup here is again:

Sorry, I really can't get outraged about 'thought'. On the day that we hang someone for their 'thoughts', we may as well change our name to 'Cold War Russia'. This is drivel.

I am Jack's lack of surprise.

He thought about because it's standard in the conservative playbook.

Remember the flag seller guy who pretended he got beat up by SEIU 'thugs'?

Last edited:
The attempts of the Right to defend this guy turned out to be funnier than the prank itself.

The smart ones just avoided talking about it.

I'm not really sure what it is we're supposed to talk about. Some lefty punked the Governor and then used the punking to make political points. This is new? Personally, I wonder about the intellectual honesty of anyone who uses these tactics... on either side. They 'thought' about using troublemakers'. You think this doesn't happen on the left? Because it does.

It's the lack of thought that I find interesting, not the 'thought' that they considered using a standard tactic.

Remember when democrats thought about putting racist plants at tea party rallies. Oh wait the actually did it. My bad. Condemn that first then you can condemn walker. I condemn Walker for even thinking about it to be honest with you.

Remember when democrats thought about putting racist plants at tea party rallies. Oh wait the actually did it. My bad. Condemn that first then you can condemn walker. I condemn Walker for even thinking about it to be honest with you.
Find me a democratic elected official that did that and I will happily condemn him or her.

Kudos for your last sentence.

What do you think?

It seems the version I listened to was not the whole tape.

First, just because Walker says "we thought about that does not mean that he suggested it, or even seriously considered it. Second, even if he did he shot it down. Third, even when someone else suggested it he explained the problems, and shot it down. That was his gut reaction.

Exploring all options is the job of a good staff, and making the final decision is the job of a good executive. It is a bot like Bones and Spock on Star Trek, all the issues are raised, argued about, and then Kirk makes his decision knowing the options, and the reasons and consequences.

I will also point out that, since you think even thinking about sending in troublemakers is bad, you should roundly condemn Obama for actually sending in troublemakers from out of state. I hereby make a deal with you, even though I see nothing wrong in what Walker did, I will roundly condemn him for even talking about it, if you step up to the plate and condemn Obama for doing it.

Your move.

:rolleyes:

Obama didn't send troublemakers, or anyone else, to WI.

Next time you reply to a post of mine try not to lie.

It's cool to see that you approve of government strong arm tactics, though.

:thup:

Find me a democratic elected official that did that and I will happily condemn him or her.

Kudos for your last sentence.

What, you mean that if some right winger had punked a dem and then put it out and that dem said 'yea, we thought about it but....', you wouldn't be defending them and saying it's bullshit. It was a conversation - I bet if I taped a conversation between any dem and one of their cohorts, I could make an issue of something they said. Difference is, I wouldn't do it... because it is pointless bullshit.

Forum List

Back