Walker quietly repeals equal pay law

Yes, we all keep forgetting how much smarter than the rest of the world you are. :rolleyes:

I wasn't even including you in that category. You are reasonably fact-based. Britpat is not.

Which is not to say that I'm not also much smarter than most other people, of course. ;)

Kind of amazing that some people here actually approve of repealing laws requiring equal pay. Well, no, that's not what's amazing; what's amazing is that they do this and don't seem to realize what a radical position they're taking.

http://www.nationalpartnership.org/site/DocServer/5-2010_Poll_Data_One_Pager.pdf?docID=6681

"In a nationwide poll of registered voters, 84% said they support “a new law that would provide women more tools to get fair pay in the workplace.” When respondents were told that the “law will also make it harder for employers to justify paying different wages for the same work and ensure that businesses that break the law compensate women fairly,” 72% strongly support such a law."

You who support what Walker has done here are taking a fringe position opposed by most Americans. Of course everyone has the right to do that, but it seems to me that you are under the delusion that you represent a majority of Americans.

Or maybe it's just a majority of "real" Americans.

Ive always been aware of how radical it is to promote liberty and freedom. But liberty is a principle our radical Founders enshrined in our Founding documents. Without with, there is no prosperity.

"Hmmm....I'm saying if someone is worth more then their employer is paying them, they should find a job that pays them what they are worth on their own. Take personal responsibility for their own life."

Exactly. A worker owes his boss nothing more than punch in, work hard, and punch out. You dont owe your boss 2 weeks notice, thats bunk. If there is a higher paying job and you are offered it you walk right out on your employer right now, no goodbyes, nothing. A worker has to survive and those places that underpay deserve to have trouble getting good employees. They DESERVE to struggle. Thats simple economics and this I have taught my kids. They are well versed on leaving if they ever feel cheated. Leave now, goodbye. Put up with your job until you find a better one. Then go. NOW. No notice, nothing.

I'm laughing watching the middle class sink into oblivion, by a concerted effort to get rid of us.

No matter how many people agree with you, no, that's not "wacko fringe,"

Sorry, but that's exactly how "wacko fringe" is defined: by how much agreement it has. An idea that only a few cranks believe in is a wacko fringe idea. That definitely describes your own beliefs, and when they lead you to reject something as popular as equal-pay laws, you demonstrate that.

So were the Germans who didn't support the extermination of the Jews "wacko fringe?"

Now, there's nothing wrong with having wacko-fringe ideas. I have some of my own. For example, I think we are going to have to separate the concepts of income and work in the fairly near future, because we are approaching an economy in which most work is done by machines.
That's not wacko fringe, that's retarded.

But the difference between you and me is that I KNOW that's a wacko-fringe idea

There's a lot more then that different about us. First of all, you want to label arguments rather then address them. Second, you see yourself as kelp who just flows in the ocean and has no control over your environment or your circumstance. You're just a victim of what other people do. You have no personal accountability and no responsibility to change anything.

I see myself as the ruler of my domain. I'm responsible for my life and what I do with it. I'm responsible for what's done to me because I chose whether to accept it. You also have no self confidence. Your opinion means nothing on it's own. Everyone agrees with you, and even though they don't say that you know it, so you just speak for them. My opinion is my own. I created it, I am responsible for it. Whether other's agree with it or not doesn't change what I think.

In fact there is nothing alike about us.

Forum List

Back