Walker brings factory and jobs to Wisconsin

Conservative

Type 40
Jul 1, 2011
Pennsylvania
http://www.postcrescent.com/article/20120514/APC0101/305140127/Plexus-will-build-50-million-plant-Neenah

Plexus Corp. will build a $50 million, 410,000-square-foot high-tech manufacturing plant in Neenah that will retain 1,000 jobs and add as many as 350 jobs.

Company executives, Gov. Scott Walker and Neenah officials made the announcement today at Plexus’ plant at 590 Enterprise Drive.

“These aren’t just jobs,” Walker said. “These are careers, and they’re exactly the kind of careers that we want to have in the state of Wisconsin.”

Walker said the state would designate the area as an enterprise zone and provide Plexus with as much as $15 million in tax credits over a seven-year period. The tax credits would be tied to Plexus’ capital investment, job retention and job creation.

Not only is Walker helping bring jobs back to Wisconsin, he's making the tax credits conditional on capital investment, job retention and job creation!

WOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And Miron Construction (a Wisconsin company) will get all the construction work for the new plant, creating even more jobs!

And that's not it, folks..
Plexus still plans to build a $7 million, 20,000-square-foot data and development center in front of its global headquarters in downtown Neenah in April 2013.

Did I say WOOT!!! ?/

I meant...

WOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.postcrescent.com/article/20120514/APC0101/305140127/Plexus-will-build-50-million-plant-Neenah

Plexus Corp. will build a $50 million, 410,000-square-foot high-tech manufacturing plant in Neenah that will retain 1,000 jobs and add as many as 350 jobs.

Company executives, Gov. Scott Walker and Neenah officials made the announcement today at Plexus’ plant at 590 Enterprise Drive.

“These aren’t just jobs,” Walker said. “These are careers, and they’re exactly the kind of careers that we want to have in the state of Wisconsin.”

Walker said the state would designate the area as an enterprise zone and provide Plexus with as much as $15 million in tax credits over a seven-year period. The tax credits would be tied to Plexus’ capital investment, job retention and job creation.

Not only is Walker helping bring jobs back to Wisconsin, he's making the tax credits conditional on capital investment, job retention and job creation!

WOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And Miron Construction (a Wisconsin company) will get all the construction work for the new plant, creating even more jobs!

Plexus still plans to build a $7 million, 20,000-square-foot data and development center in front of its global headquarters in downtown Neenah in April 2013.

Did I say WOOT!!! ?/

I meant...

WOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So government IS supposed to make jobs?

http://www.postcrescent.com/article...127/Plexus-will-build-50-million-plant-Neenah

WOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did I say WOOT!!! ?/

I meant...

WOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NO, asswipe. They are supposed to create and maintain conditions that support commerce with little interference as possible.

Just like the Founders. It's called LIBERTY. Look it up.

http://www.postcrescent.com/article...127/Plexus-will-build-50-million-plant-Neenah

WOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did I say WOOT!!! ?/

I meant...

WOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NO, asswipe. They are supposed to create and maintain conditions that support commerce with little interference as possible.

Just like the Founders. It's called LIBERTY. Look it up.
Spot on, T!

WOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did I say WOOT!!! ?/

I meant...

WOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where did say Walker CREATED jobs?

He made it possible for private industry to create jobs.

Get with the program.

Get with the program.

So your slogan is:
"Government - making it possible for jobs to be created."
?

NO. Government making it possible to enhance/embrace/encourage commerce by creating conditions that embellish it...and by staying the HELL out of the way of it.

Don't you Statists scream for more Revenue?:eusa_whistle:

Actually this agreement between the company and WI was in affect long before walker came into office. Things just finalized while he was in office. Typical republican thinking here, take credit for something some other person has already done all the work.

Get with the program.

So your slogan is:
?

Government does not create jobs, nor do I want them to.

Government does make conditions for private companies to create jobs. This is exactly why I said Obama does not create jobs, but his policies directly affect the ability of private companies to create jobs.

Why are you having trouble understanding this?

Get with the program.

So your slogan is:
?

No...

"Government, getting out of the way so jobs can be created."

Only libs look to Daddy Gubmint to be the savior...

As they applaud the takers over producers...
icon14.gif

Well, that should even this out, I guess:

MADISON, Wis. - More Wisconsin businesses closed or laid off a significant amount of their workers in 2011 than a year earlier, state data indicated.

There were 87 new plant closings and mass layoffs through Dec. 29, according to the state Department of Workforce Development, which tracks the data. There were 71 such events in 2010.

The number of people affected dipped slightly, to 6,798 workers, from 6,945 a year earlier, although the data doesn't include a Sears store closing in West Baraboo.

More Mass Layoffs, Plant Closings In 2011 | News - Channel3000.com

Well, that should even this out, I guess:

MADISON, Wis. - More Wisconsin businesses closed or laid off a significant amount of their workers in 2011 than a year earlier, state data indicated.

There were 87 new plant closings and mass layoffs through Dec. 29, according to the state Department of Workforce Development, which tracks the data. There were 71 such events in 2010.

The number of people affected dipped slightly, to 6,798 workers, from 6,945 a year earlier, although the data doesn't include a Sears store closing in West Baraboo.

More Mass Layoffs, Plant Closings In 2011 | News - Channel3000.com

Now, for extra credit, link each of those to a specific action of Walker.

Forum List

Back