Walk the line

Said1 said:
Saw it last night and I really liked it. Reese Witherspoon's vocals were awesome!

She was great in that movie. I was surprised she had that kind of talent in her. Usually she does "fluff"/comedy type movies. Now she can command $30 million per movie, which even Julia Roberts hasn't been able to do.

Same here. It says a lot for a movie when it entertains you and gets you interested in a person you never really cared about.

Witherspoon deserved the Oscar she won.

mom4 said:
My husband wants to see this one... but I'm thinking it's only bc of Reese...

It's worth seeing. I must admit, I've always had a thing for Joaquin Phoenix and he does a good Johnny Cash impression.

BATMAN said:
Same here. It says a lot for a movie when it entertains you and gets you interested in a person you never really cared about.

Witherspoon deserved the Oscar she won.
I agree.

Mom, if I could have touched her, Ida hugged er, she was as cute and purky as a speckled pup!...He'll like it. :thup:

Mr. P said:
I agree.

Mom, if I could have touched her, Ida hugged er, she was as cute and purky as a speckled pup!...He'll like it. :thup:

She was! She was adorable, and her performance was truely Oscar worthy.

Mr. P said:
He did a great job!

*swoon*

But seriously, remember the scene where they blow that thing up in the tree? Imagine a million dollar line up like that today?? Elvis, Jerry Lee Lewis, Carl Perkins, Johnny Cash, June Carter and so on. Man I'm jealous!

Said1 said:
*swoon*

But seriously, remember the scene where they blow that thing up in the tree? Imagine a million dollar line up like that today?? Elvis, Jerry Lee Lewis, Carl Perkins, Johnny Cash, June Carter and so on. Man I'm jealous!
That was something I did notice. They all hung out/toured together...never had thought about it before, but it makes sense. Jerry Lee was playing at a club I worked in when I was a teen. I had no clue who he was...he seemed washed up to me. I wish I had known who he really was then.

Mr. P said:
That was something I did notice. They all hung out/toured together...never had thought about it before, but it makes sense. Jerry Lee was playing at a club I worked in when I was a teen. I had no clue who he was...he seemed washed up to me. I wish I had known who he really was then.

How old was he then?

There's a rare jam session with all of them, I have yet to come accross the album, but I've downloaded bits, it's really awesome.

I was going to bring it back, unwatched. But I checked this board out first. A few of you couldn't have said it better.. Just watch it and enjoy the effort and cast.. I agree. It looks like Phoenix worked hard, with Witherspoon.

I never knew JC's roots were in rock, and that the path he took was influenced by dope initially supplied by Elvis the Pelvis.

I noticed that is father's character was played by the guy who was with Phoenix in Ladder 49,,, which gave me mixed feelings. In this case the guy was still a dick, but if that is the way it really was,, so be it..

So this flick gets two thumbs up, three if you count the carry digit.:teeth:

LOVED that little blonde hottie with the sweater... Dang,, maybe I should sing some songs!!???

Saw this movie last night:

VERY well done. I mean, easily in my top 5 favourites of all time.

Reese? She was ADORABLE. I mean, hotter than ever. :) I have a thing, though, for brunettes with country accents.

I've had Hurt on repeat all day. :)

dmp said:
Saw this movie last night:

VERY well done. I mean, easily in my top 5 favourites of all time.

Reese? She was ADORABLE. I mean, hotter than ever. :) I have a thing, though, for brunettes with country accents.

I've had Hurt on repeat all day. :)

One of mine too. just watched it again on Sunday!

I've had Hurt on repeat all day.

That would seriously probably make me cry. That's one of the saddest songs I've ever heard, and every time I hear it, it just gets more and more powerful.

Forum List

Back