Walk the Green Walk

Navy1960

Sep 4, 2008
Arizona
His serious aviation habit means he is hardly the best person to lecture others on the environment. But John Travolta went ahead and did it anyway.

The 53-year-old actor, a passionate pilot, encouraged his fans to "do their bit" to tackle global warming.

But although he readily admitted: "I fly jets", he failed to mention he actually owns five, along with his own private runway.

Clocking up at least 30,000 flying miles in the past 12 months means he has produced an estimated 800 tons of carbon emissions – nearly 100 times the average Briton's tally
With five private jets, Travolta still lectures on global warming| Showbiz | This is London

3444163510_cc2fd16f15.jpg

I find it frequently amusing the number of people especially those in the media and celebrities that often tout the benefits of living the green lifestyle and how Americans should sacrifice to offset global warming and condemn oil companies and yet at the same time do not walk the walk. Take Mr. Travolta who flys a commercial aircraft for his private plane and one that is not noted for fuel economy or being environmentially friendly by any stretch of the immagination. However this does not stop Mr. Travolta from using this aircraft to travel and lecture others on Global Warming.

Liberal elites are not expected to adhere to their own teachings. They have been honored with the role of teacher (savior) in their minds and they always find ways of justifying their actions.

All you gotta do is look at Al Gore. He sure ain't practicin what he's preaching. From what I've read he leaves a giant sized carbon print everywhere he goes especially when he's laughing his way to the bank.

All you gotta do is look at Al Gore. He sure ain't practicin what he's preaching. From what I've read he leaves a giant sized carbon print everywhere he goes especially when he's laughing his way to the bank.

stick one of his twisted light bulbs up his ass....he will stop laughing....

Speaking of jets and limos

Ms Jorgensen reckons that between her and her rivals the total number of limos in Copenhagen next week has already broken the 1,200 barrier. The French alone rang up on Thursday and ordered another 42. "We haven't got enough limos in the country to fulfil the demand," she says. "We're having to drive them in hundreds of miles from Germany and Sweden."

And the total number of electric cars or hybrids among that number? "Five," says Ms Jorgensen. "The government has some alternative fuel cars but the rest will be petrol or diesel. We don't have any hybrids in Denmark, unfortunately, due to the extreme taxes on those cars. It makes no sense at all, but it's very Danish."

The airport says it is expecting up to 140 extra private jets during the peak period alone, so far over its capacity that the planes will have to fly off to regional airports – or to Sweden – to park, returning to Copenhagen to pick up their VIP passengers
Copenhagen climate summit: 1,200 limos, 140 private planes and caviar wedges - Telegraph

These people have no compunction whatsoever of not walking the walk but would impose their views upon the world.

That's because it's all about money and power, they don't give a damn about the planet. If they gave a damn, you wouldn't be able to exchange money for creating carbon. They need this to implement their plan of a global economy and global taxation and redistribution of wealth, while the money passes thru their hands so they can get their take first.

stick one of his twisted light bulbs up his ass....he will stop laughing....

HAHAHA, but he'll get anal mercury poisoning!!
Well, as someone else said I forget who, "THEY" want the rest of us to GO GREEN, so "THEY" can use as much or more than any one human should ever use. It sure seems to be proving that comment out.

If a lot of them would stop bellowing "Go Green" and Global Warming and keep their collective mouths shut, the reduction in their "hot air' alone will result in "global cooling':lol:

Don't worry, they'll be taxing you for breathing very soon, and I'm sure some will be all for it.

His serious aviation habit means he is hardly the best person to lecture others on the environment. But John Travolta went ahead and did it anyway.

The 53-year-old actor, a passionate pilot, encouraged his fans to "do their bit" to tackle global warming.

But although he readily admitted: "I fly jets", he failed to mention he actually owns five, along with his own private runway.

Clocking up at least 30,000 flying miles in the past 12 months means he has produced an estimated 800 tons of carbon emissions – nearly 100 times the average Briton's tally
With five private jets, Travolta still lectures on global warming| Showbiz | This is London

3444163510_cc2fd16f15.jpg

I find it frequently amusing the number of people especially those in the media and celebrities that often tout the benefits of living the green lifestyle and how Americans should sacrifice to offset global warming and condemn oil companies and yet at the same time do not walk the walk. Take Mr. Travolta who flys a commercial aircraft for his private plane and one that is not noted for fuel economy or being environmentially friendly by any stretch of the immagination. However this does not stop Mr. Travolta from using this aircraft to travel and lecture others on Global Warming.

"Do as I say...not as I do." It's OK to be filthy rich and then lecture the "little people".:lol:

Forum List

Back