Wales votes remain

Thank fuck for that.

Wales votes remain

Hardly.

Plaid Cymru, Lib Dems, and Greens form the Remain camp. They got just 40% of the votes.

You didn't, perchance, count Labour among their ranks? Because they aren't Remainers. They aren't Leavers, either. They are the Play-Hide-and-Seek-With-Their-Position party, angling for a general election in which they, as things stand, would likely be crushed. Rightly so, I would add.

There are two things that I expect to emerge from this election. First, Tories, desperate as they are, will throw the top job to BoJo, the only one who might be capable of stealing Farage's luster. Second, the time for playing games is over, and a general election any time soon is not going to happen. Labour and Tories are going to fall over themselves to scrape together the votes for any kind of Brexit deal they can get through the Commons.

There are also two things standing in the way of that happening. 1) BoJo, arrogantly overplaying his hand. 2) Dysfunctionality and distrust to such an extent they can't bring the relevant personnel together at the table, and thus still get nothing done.

Oh, and as a disclaimer, I've been wrong before.
All of the labour candidates stood as remainers but i take your point. But even without labour the remain parties took more votes than brexit parties.

I will give you a different scenario. Johnson or gove will have the same pieces on the board as may did. They cant push a deal through and the EU wont budge. So now it is time for the remainers to form a pact to block no deal and work for a second referendum. I believe that the numbers are there. The Peterborough by election would be a good start.

I will give you a different scenario. Johnson or gove will have the same pieces on the board as may did. They cant push a deal through and the EU wont budge. So now it is time for the remainers to form a pact to block no deal and work for a second referendum. I believe that the numbers are there. The Peterborough by election would be a good start.

BoJo will have one piece on the board May didn't have: Labour and Tories frightened to death. That's not all that small a piece to play with.

Yup.

Vote totals and share
  • Brexit Party - 271,404 - 32.5%
  • Plaid Cymru - 163,928 - 19.6%
  • Labour - 127,833 - 15.3%
  • Lib Dems - 113,885 - 13.6%
  • Conservatives - 54,587 - 6.5%
  • Green - 52,660 - 6.3%
  • UKIP - 27,566 - 3.3%
  • Change UK - 24,332 - 2.9%
Wales voted out at the referendum and in this time round. Brexit/Ukip are way off the pace and well behind the remain parties. People have seen through the lies.
61373560_2206092726094553_5153761773660143616_n.jpg

The UK picture looks like this currently and we still have the strongly remain votes from Northern Ireland to come.

61387780_1022927384562550_1659733031423836160_n.png

Leave has left.

Updated chart...

wafer-cookies-white-background-90457854.jpg

From your link:

"Nigel Farage's Brexit Party gained two Welsh MEPs after a sweeping victory in the European elections in Wales, winning in 19 of the 22 council areas."

The Brexit party won 19 of 22 Welsh council areas!!! 19 of 22!!! Fking Tommy is a twat. A very big twat!

Remain parties won the election by taking more votes than the leave parties. Wales doesnt want to leave. Who is the twat now twatboy ?

Adding up all the votes of the losers doesn't make them not the losers. Wales went with Brexit.

From your link:

"Nigel Farage's Brexit Party gained two Welsh MEPs after a sweeping victory in the European elections in Wales, winning in 19 of the 22 council areas."

The Brexit party won 19 of 22 Welsh council areas!!! 19 of 22!!! Fking Tommy is a twat. A very big twat!

Remain parties won the election by taking more votes than the leave parties. Wales doesnt want to leave. Who is the twat now twatboy ?

Adding up all the votes of the losers doesn't make them not the losers. Wales went with Brexit.
Yes it does. The number of seats won in that election is unimportant. Its where the votes went that gives us the true picture. Wales has rejected brexit. The UK has rejected brexit. We will not be coming out.

The number of seats won in that election is unimportant

Not the case. Brexit will not go to another plebiscite, so any decisions around Brexit will be decided in Parliament, where the number of seats each side has will decide the outcome.

The number of seats won in that election is unimportant

Not the case. Brexit will not go to another plebiscite, so any decisions around Brexit will be decided in Parliament, where the number of seats each side has will decide the outcome.
But this election did not return any seats to parliament. Remain is the majority in the commons and the lords.

Forum List

Back