Wake up people!

For many in the USA is is more important that their party wins than the USA winning.

Stupit sheeple are helping to drag down my/our country.

One observation, Barney Frank said he had "ideological blinders" on when Fannie Mae collapsed under his watch while he was telling Americans that Fannie was solvent and doing fine. Meanwhile the democrat majority in the senate was holding hearings about steroid use in baseball. It seems that Americans are smarter than "stupid sheeple" when they elected a republican majority in congress last fall.

Or, as I heard just today, imagine how much better off we'd all be if the Balanced Budget Amendment hadn't been killed by Dim Parody pressure back in 1995. Balanced Budget Amendment 1995 | Balanced-Budget Amendment Falls Short in Tight Senate Vote : Congress: Centerpiece of GOP's 'contract with America' is defeated by two-vote margin. Dole threatens to revive measure, possibly during election season. -

Freakin' partisan hack bastards.

The Paygo thing seemed to be working pretty well. why did we not continue that?

Or, as I heard just today, imagine how much better off we'd all be if the Balanced Budget Amendment hadn't been killed by Dim Parody pressure back in 1995. Balanced Budget Amendment 1995 | Balanced-Budget Amendment Falls Short in Tight Senate Vote : Congress: Centerpiece of GOP's 'contract with America' is defeated by two-vote margin. Dole threatens to revive measure, possibly during election season. -

By all accounts, the measure could have garnered 70 votes or more in the Senate if the GOP had added language explicitly barring the use of the Social Security trust fund surplus to help reduce the federal budget deficit. But Republicans refused and lost the votes of a handful

Balanced Budget Amendment 1995 | Balanced-Budget Amendment Falls Short in Tight Senate Vote : Congress: Centerpiece of GOP's 'contract with America' is defeated by two-vote margin. Dole threatens to revive measure, possibly during election season. -

By all accounts, the measure could have garnered 70 votes or more in the Senate if the GOP had added language explicitly barring the use of the Social Security trust fund surplus to help reduce the federal budget deficit. But Republicans refused and lost the votes of a handful

Balanced Budget Amendment 1995 | Balanced-Budget Amendment Falls Short in Tight Senate Vote : Congress: Centerpiece of GOP's 'contract with America' is defeated by two-vote margin. Dole threatens to revive measure, possibly during election season. -

Probably because the trust fund is a myth.

Frank, who chairs the House Financial Services Committee, has always been ardent in his defense of Fannie and Freddie. In 2003, he insisted that the two mortgage giants were not "facing any kind of a crisis." In July 2008, just weeks before they collapsed and were taken over by the federal government, he publicly maintained that "Fannie and Freddie are fundamentally sound — they are not in danger of going under." Frank recently told the Boston Globe's Donovan Slack that "he missed the warning signs [in 2003] because he was wearing ideological blinders," while in 2008 "he was deliberately trying to reassure the public."

Is it fair to blame Frank for the ill-advised home loans to unqualified borrowers that were at the heart of the economic crisis? Not according to Frank. He points instead to Wall Street greed and to the fecklessness of congressional Republicans when they were in the majority. He also points to George W. Bush's passion for expanding homeownership — a passion that included pressing Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac to "meet ambitious new goals for low-income lending," as The New York Times put it in a 2008 story headlined "White House Philosophy Stoked Mortgage Bonfire."

80%+ of toxic loans had nothing to do with him, and Fannie got into the bubble LATE...Pffffft!!

It's THAT TIME o' the political-season, again....when gun-shop owners start stockin'-up for the....
Paranoid
SUCKERS
Sale
!!!

usaammo1.jpg

Remember.....gun-shop owners rely on these sales.....to get-them-thru, until the next election.

Think of them as the....

Military/Industrial Complex Jr.

For many in the USA is is more important that their party wins than the USA winning.

you stupid demoncrats only love your country when you're in charge.. ask fat assed Michele Obama she'll tell youl

New York Mayor Ed Koch has often said that a one-issue candidacy isn't sufficient to run on. "If you agree with me on 9 out of 12 issues, you should vote for me," Koch often has said. "If you agree with me on 12 out of 12 issues, you should see a psychiatrist."

Politics is only about winning. It has nothing to do with doing what's right for the country. It's 'Party before Country' for most in both parties. It's what American Politics is all about now. It's just 'GOTCHA!' and 'My Team is the good guys and your team is the bad guys' stuff. It really is such a simpleton way of looking at things but that's the way the system is set up. The saddest thing is that in reality both parties are really just one party. Very few real differences between the two.

I like what Jesse Ventura said about it all being Show-Biz and exactly like Pro Wrestling. They both come out pretending to hate each other while whipping the crowd up into a frenzy and then head backstage where they're really just good friends and are on the same team. That's what it's really all about. Only a viable Third Party can save this nation now. Will that ever happen? I'm not optimistic. It's pretty sad.

as long as our only choices are a corrupt dem party and a corrupt repub party, america will not be winning regardless of who wins.......

New Topics

Forum List

Back