Waitress Fired after Bitching about Cheap "Campers" on Facebook

she wasnt fired for bitching she was fired for mentioning the corporation she worked for.

and there is a site...for wait people to bitch on....she should have stayed on that site...why does anyone do facebook?

o and if the place aint busy...how do campers hurt ya....if its busy the wait person should be able to boot the campers....you give them their check and you dont refill.

Motto: If you're going to bitch publicly, do it anonymously.

A guy bitched about a waitress at a truck stop near where I live and they shot him! He was bitching about how she wouldn't hand over all the money in the cash register or something like that. After he was shot he dropped the coffee he had gotten to go on the floor and it all spilled out and they wouldn't even give him another one either. I think I'm going to stay away from that place.

At my last job some college students came in to volunteer, one of them posted some info on myspace. They were charged with Hipaa violations.
I don't even have the name of the company I work for on facebook. I also am friends with one of my clients on facebook, so it would be a very bad idea for me to mention anything about work on my facebook.

I've got issues with waitstaff.

Think of it like this. Waitstaff get base salary plus tips.

Base miniium wage salery. 9.79 per hour.
5 tables sitting for one hour.
If each table no matter the amount of the check only left a $5 tip.

Do you really think that wait staff is worth aprox. $30 per hour? then think about if your check is 100.00 and you leave the "customer" 15% that's a $15 tip.

Just a thought because I am sick to death of complaining waitstaff that they don't make enough money. Or that someone didnt leave them enough. Or that they didnt GET the 15% which they are owed even if they give shit service.

Do you really think that wait staff is worth aprox. $30 per hour? then think about if your check is 100.00 and you leave the "customer" 15% that's a $15 tip.

Just a thought because I am sick to death of complaining waitstaff that they don't make enough money. Or that someone didnt leave them enough. Or that they didnt GET the 15% which they are owed even if they give shit service.

Have you ever been a waitress? You have to deal with rude customers all day, drunks, people who complain for no reason, and people who leave you no tip, not because you did a bad job, but because they are cheap.
YOu can give them the best service possible, and people will still bitch. People treat people who work in customer service like they are their slaves.

Where did you get this figure from? I waitressed 20 years ago and didn't receive minimum wage. Got some paltry amount plus tips. I couldn't get the owner to schedule me for Thurs, Fri or Sat nights, when business was brisk so I ended up working lame lunch and the odd night. Didn't make shit money-wise. Have they changed how waitstaff gets paid?

Where did you get this figure from? I waitressed 20 years ago and didn't receive minimum wage. Got some paltry amount plus tips. I couldn't get the owner to schedule me for Thurs, Fri or Sat nights, when business was brisk so I ended up working lame lunch and the odd night. Didn't make shit money-wise. Have they changed how waitstaff gets paid?

I on the other hand have see waitstaff rolling out with a couple hundred bucks (tax free) in their pockets every single night. And they still bitch and complain!

San Francisco minimum wage will stay at $9.79 in 2010

Uhhhhh, kind of depends on the joint you are working for. The standard is that they do NOT pay minimum wage. They pay below minimum wage which makes you provide good service in the hopes that people will make up the difference. When you depend on the willingness of the people you serve to make up the difference in your salary, you want to deal in volume. Squatters are taking money out of your pocket. Personally, I'd prefer that traditional "tip" businesses just pay a minimum wage and not expect the public to make up the difference in wage.

There are many states that allow employers to pay tipped workers less money, but workers should not be required to share their tips with a salaried manager.

The federal regulations that are related to this issue can be found under the Fair Labor Standards Act of 1938. Here’s a link where you will find a federal publication about this issue.

The New Jersey minimum wage for tipped workers is the same as the federal rate, at $2.13 per hour.

New Jersey Tipped Minimum Wage - Labor Law Talk Blog

But I will say I know many servers that take home a bundle at night. Depends where you work.

Have you ever been a waitress? You have to deal with rude customers all day, drunks, people who complain for no reason, and people who leave you no tip, not because you did a bad job, but because they are cheap.
YOu can give them the best service possible, and people will still bitch. People treat people who work in customer service like they are their slaves.

I would call those stats inside information wouldn't you? Why do you think I have issues with the whining when they are making a fortune.

Last edited:
As with every thread on tipping and waitresses, this must be posted:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-qV9wVGb38]YouTube - Reservoir Dogs - Tipping Scene[/ame]

I'm a firm believer that those who've worked in the service industry are prone to tip because they understand how it is. I was a bartender in college and always, ALWAYS tip. It would have to be a pretty fucked up experience in general not to tip my usual 20% of the bill.

Speaking of which, I took mi mujer out on Friday for some dinner and jazz music. I happened to know one of the members of the band and tried tipping them 20 bucks just to play Bill Withers's "Ain't no sunshine when she's gone". Of course, being a friend, he would not take it. So, I added it to the server's tip. People who are stingy on tipping are petty as hell.

that being said, she could have been more anonymous with her bitching.

Forum List

Back