waiting

onecut39

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2008
As time trickles out with the Supreme court staggering to a healthcare decision I wish to remind the GOP that this is a lose/lose situation.

Many of the provisions of obamacare are already in place and are hugely popular. The GOP leadership is already running about trying to find ways to salvage these.

Today I heard two of my state (GOP) senators proclaiming that we ought to adapt Romney care for our state. Odd since just last week they were denouncing it as an abomination, forgetting that it was a GOP inspired plan as far back as the nineties.

Whatever the court decides the GOP loses. If the entire bill is struck down that will give absolute ownership of this broken down system to them. They alone will be required to find a way out. That will be interesting since there is no escape short of national health care.

If the bulk of the program remains intact they must then explain why they made such a fuss about a constitutional bill. (not the the ussc gives a damn what is or is not really constitutional)

Meanwhile he idiot GOP base grows restless.

Conservatives Give GOP Hell On Health Care, Taxes As Crises Loom | TPMDC

As time trickles out with the Supreme court staggering to a healthcare decision I wish to remind the GOP that this is a lose/lose situation.

Many of the provisions of obamacare are already in place and are hugely popular. The GOP leadership is already running about trying to find ways to salvage these.

Today I heard two of my state (GOP) senators proclaiming that we ought to adapt Romney care for our state. Odd since just last week they were denouncing it as an abomination, forgetting that it was a GOP inspired plan as far back as the nineties.

Whatever the court decides the GOP loses. If the entire bill is struck down that will give absolute ownership of this broken down system to them. They alone will be required to find a way out. That will be interesting since there is no escape short of national health care.

If the bulk of the program remains intact they must then explain why they made such a fuss about a constitutional bill. (not the the ussc gives a damn what is or is not really constitutional)

Like what ?

Like what ?

Wow? You don't know? Here are a couple . Children can stay on parent's policy until age 26.

Cannot be refused for preconditions. Look it up you will be gratified.

Like what ?

Wow? You don't know? Here are a couple . Children can stay on parent's policy until age 26.

Cannot be refused for preconditions. Look it up you will be gratified.

But what else is in there that we DON'T need or want? Nobody said there were some good things in this, but what about all the rest? Why would the SC even look at this if they didn't think something is wrong?

If this gets the thumbs down, it's because there are parts of it that are not lawful. Not lawful includes fining people for not having insurance! If getting rid of this part of it forces the whole thing to be scrapped, then that's just too bad.

We do need health reform, but not the kind Obama has given us. Next time they need to involve everyone and not shut the doors on the republicans. Remember Pelosi saying "We need to pass it so you can see what's in it"? Unbelievable! And it never would have passed if the Michigan congressman STUPAK hadn't taken Obama's bribe. A bribe that he promised then backed out on.

this is going to fuck the republican party.

they either take away things Americans see as fair and needed OR they leave the happy parts in and balloon the entire problem.

they will own the decision.

this is going to fuck the republican party.

they either take away things Americans see as fair and needed OR they leave the happy parts in and balloon the entire problem.

they will own the decision.

No...Obama owns this all the way!
They shut the doors on the republicans from even having a say.
It wouldn't have passed if Stupak wouldn't have taken the bribe from Obama.
It's unlawful because it forces people to buy insurance or be fined.

Like i said...there are some good things in it...but it doesn't balance out the shit that's in it too. If they have to strike down the whole thing because of the illegal stuff, then start over, it's going to be the best for everyone whether you believe it or not.

I think you KNOW it needs to be fixed..you just would NEVER admit that Obama screwed up and screwed us too!

Cannot be refused for preconditions.

Now if we can only get that for homeowner's insurance. That way, you wouldn't have to buy insurance until your house is actually on fire. That will certainly be GREAT for the insurance industry, homeowners, and the banks that lend money on those homes. :cuckoo:

dear idiot.

they changed the whole program to try and get the Rs to help the county.

Dont you even remember the Public Option?

Now if we can only get that for homeowner's insurance. That way, you wouldn't have to buy insurance until your house is actually on fire. That will certainly be GREAT for the insurance industry, homeowners, and the banks that lend money on those homes. :cuckoo:

how does refusing health care to sick people make this country better?

Of course, we were talking about health insurance but since you brought it up, someone is refusing health care to a sick person? Link?

Your IQ is showing...and it ain't pretty.

what do you think making insurance too expensive to own if you are already sick does?

Yay!!! Finally someone who gets the point!

Where do all those demon insurance companies get the money to bail us out with in the first place?

Better question: How is a care provider's refusal to treat people in need the fault of insurance companies. Why would it matter whether the insurance company is privately or federally run?

hows it working our for us now you idiot?

Yes, that's what we have today in healthcare and health insurance, a free market. Wow are you dumb. Good luck with that.

dear fucking idiot are you claiming everything is just peachy that way?

Foul mouthed "lady", aren't you? How very mature.

I'm claiming all the government intervention (state and federal) in healthcare and healthcare insurance has caused costs to skyrocket, kept competition out of the market and quelled innovation, efficiency and choice. More central planning is not the answer, it never is.

Forum List

Back