Wait a minute...Last night Obama said...

It's already been discussed.

I might not be officially a Combat Mission, but they still get into fights due to the fact there is Insurgency.

It's common sense to understand they're still not safe from getting shot at or injured.

It's already been discussed.

I might not be officially a Combat Mission, but they still get into fights due to the fact there is Insurgency.

It's common sense to understand they're still not safe from getting shot at or injured.

Glad it was discussed...sorry I missed it. But there have been many things here that have been discussed more than a few times.

Yes, you are right that it's common sense that they will be shot at and/or injured. Because the military missions have not ended. Even though they'd like us to think they have. As was stated in the article, it's not their "primary" objective. But I would be willing to bet that there will be plenty of missions to come that will start as "assisted aid to Iraqi troops" that will end up with our guys taking over because the Iraqi's aren't ready. They are still very heavily reliant on our military power and our "internal fortitude".

Hours before the raids, Lt. Col. Andy Ulrich gave his soldiers a pep talk to counter concerns they weren't on a worthwhile mission.

"You all are combat troops not doing a combat mission, although it looks smells and feels and hurts a lot like combat," Ulrich said.

"Don't worry about what the politicians are saying because we have a mission," he added. "The bad part is, we can't go kicking the doors ourselves and get these guys. We've got to kind of convince Iraqis to do it, but the good part is, they're kind of willing to do it."

KIND OF??? They're KIND OF willing? Oh this is going work out great!!!

Forum List

Back