Wagon train came through our community today...

AllieBaba

Rookie
Oct 2, 2007
Our friend who gave me my Arab was an outrider, rode a little over 100 miles. I took the kids there to see the wagons (there were three) and the ppl dressed in period clothing, it was very cool.

But the coolest thing is tomorrow the kids get to ride in the wagons from the fairgrounds to school!

Second coolest thing...they were feeding their horses the same brand of feed I feed mine, which made me feel better about feeding it. I've always fed grain and hay, different types of grain, different types of hay....and I have had concerns about feeding extruded feed only because a horse is constructed to have lots of roughage. I haven't had any problems with it at all, the horses love it and they're in fine condition but still, in the back of my mind I worry about stuff like that.

Anyway, the kids got to play in the wagons after the teams were unhitched, and hang out with the kids who were traveling with the wagons. And tomorrow, they get a better ride than a limo to school. Everyone rides in a limo at some point...but not everyone gets dropped off at school by a wagon train.

Last edited:
Our friend who gave me my Arab was an outrider, rode a little over 100 miles. I took the kids there to see the wagons (there were three) and the ppl dressed in period clothing, it was very cool.

But the coolest thing is tomorrow the kids get to ride in the wagons from the fairgrounds to school!

Second coolest thing...they were feeding their horses the same brand of feed I feed mine, which made me feel better about feeding it. I've always fed grain and hay, different types of grain, different types of hay....and I have had concerns about feeding extruded feed only because a horse is constructed to have lots of roughage. I haven't had any problems with it at all, the horses love it and they're in fine condition but still, in the back of my mind I worry about stuff like that.

Anyway, the kids got to play in the wagons after the teams were unhitched, and hang out with the kids who were traveling with the wagons. And tomorrow, they get a better ride than a limo to school. Everyone rides in a limo at some point...but not everyone gets dropped off at school by a wagon train.

Luissa wants pics. :lol:

• Banned
They're still in my camera. I want to get better ones tomorrow, I got there after they were already still and unloading, watering horses etc. I got some good pics, mostly of kids, but I want the wagons moving.

My camera is for shit, though. Great for personal use, crappy for what I wanted it for which is submitting for publication. Oh well, there's always next year's spending spree...except I've decided to get one of these and have it shipped from Texas:

WRH_BEST_WALZ_BLUES.jpg

Forum List

Back