Wages of Wind

Manonthestreet

Diamond Member
May 20, 2014
"If I had this to do over, I would NEVER enter into an agreement with any wind company now that I know what it has done to my home community."
If I had this to do over, I would NEVER enter into an agreement with any wind company now that I know what it has done to my home community. I am not proud that my name is on those documents. The wind company has breached many parts of the agreement, but insist that their failures are "minor". Their field representative is arrogant and cavalier in his attitude toward the people who are suffering with the effects of the noise and flicker.

You can't lose something you never had............so you are not "losing" the supposed 'windfall' of money that the project purportedly brings in. What you WILL lose however, cannot be measured in dollars. You will lose the rural landscape as you know it and you will lose the closeness of "community spirit" because people will hate each other over this and the presence of the towers will always be a constant reminder of the rift............thus the wounds will never heal. Tipton County Indiana Commissioner voted for wind farms now lives with regrets
Big wind indeed

Wind blows money into pockets of Sherman County residents OregonLive.com

2011 wind payments
Wind companieswill pay Sherman County about $9 million this year in wind turbine revenues in lieu of property taxes. The companies pay another $3.3 million to about 35 wheat farmers who have turbines on their land, an average of $6,000 per turbine.
The county will pay out $100,000 each to its four towns and $416,540 to residents ($590 to 706 households). That's a drop from $426,570 last year, when 723 households received payments.
Also: The county uses some of the money for capital improvements.

I suppose that there are those that oppose any change at all. But the big wind turbines have been a real boon to a great many people here in Oregon. When we get a grid line across the southern part of the state, we will have an area online with vast geothermal, wind, and solar potential.

Coverage of the TVA Coal Ash Spill

Independent fish sampling results find high levels of toxic chemicals in Kingston, TN fly ash deposits and Emory River fish (5-18-09)

Preliminary analyses of ash, water, sediments, and fish tissues collected near the spill site 18 days following the dike failure revealed the following:

1) the total recoverable toxic elements arsenic, barium, cadmium, lead, and selenium in water exceeded protective drinking water and/or aquatic life criteria levels;

2) ash and ash-laden river sediments had arsenic levels that exceeded the EPA removal limits; selenium levels increased dramatically downstream of the spill;

3) selenium levels in fish were at and beyond the thresholds of toxicity for reproduction and growth;

4) fish suffered internal and external impacts from the spill, with abnormal changes to gills in particular;

5) detailed analysis of floating ash particles (cenospheres) found that approximately 10% of these particles contain an iron oxide coating that may be transporting arsenic into water.

Now that is waste and ruin, idiot.

Another of your bird incinerators is coming online.....fried over a hundred in short test of part of it..... ought to truly advance your genocide of endangered species and help put more on the list

Solar thermal will probably lose out to PV solar over time. The simplicity of PV solar, and lack of need of maintenance, plus neutral to the environment, and a price that is still decreasing, all point to PV as the future for solar.

Coverage of the TVA Coal Ash Spill

Independent fish sampling results find high levels of toxic chemicals in Kingston, TN fly ash deposits and Emory River fish (5-18-09)

Preliminary analyses of ash, water, sediments, and fish tissues collected near the spill site 18 days following the dike failure revealed the following:

1) the total recoverable toxic elements arsenic, barium, cadmium, lead, and selenium in water exceeded protective drinking water and/or aquatic life criteria levels;

2) ash and ash-laden river sediments had arsenic levels that exceeded the EPA removal limits; selenium levels increased dramatically downstream of the spill;

3) selenium levels in fish were at and beyond the thresholds of toxicity for reproduction and growth;

4) fish suffered internal and external impacts from the spill, with abnormal changes to gills in particular;

5) detailed analysis of floating ash particles (cenospheres) found that approximately 10% of these particles contain an iron oxide coating that may be transporting arsenic into water.

Now that is waste and ruin, idiot.

So there's still a little bit of mess from a single accident. It's only been 18 days. In 6 months there will be no trace of it. Perhaps we would shut down all industry because they might have an accident of some kind.

Meanwhile windmills are killing tens of thousands of bird every year.

Solar thermal will probably lose out to PV solar over time. The simplicity of PV solar, and lack of need of maintenance, plus neutral to the environment, and a price that is still decreasing, all point to PV as the future for solar.
Neutral to the environment? Apparently you haven't noticed square miles of land being covered by PV solar arrays.

"If I had this to do over, I would NEVER enter into an agreement with any wind company now that I know what it has done to my home community.

He's clearly not one of the people getting paid to have a wind turbine on their land. Remarkably, only the jealous neighbors experience "Wind Turbine Syndrome". The presence of a monthly check completely shields from the malady.

At least the ambulance chasers are glad that the anti-wind people are around.

Forum List

Back