Wages and jobs grow faster in RTW states

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
Once adjustmenst are made for cost of living and benefits the dept of labor statistics show that right to work states have on average better wages that grow faster and employees have more disposable income.

Of course any stats of recent will be off because of the economic situation but you're welcome to do a bit of research yourself and see that the numbers being spouted off right now are skewed and do not take into account all the pertainant regional facts.

Some estimates of wage rate increases put rtw states as much as 10% ahead of other states with 12% + growth vs 2% + growth.

• Banned
No they don't. There are oodles of sources out there that prove otherwise. RTW is terrible for workers.

And those oodles of sources don't factor in regional factors so they are useless. Comparing dollars to dollars is meaningless when you don't factor in what shit costs in different states

• Banned
Nevada is a right to work state and has the worst unemployment in the country.

There will always be exceptions to every stat. Nevada is a tourist wasteland so its no surprise. If someone could learn to market dirt and sand they could make a fortune

RTW laws push down wages. That's the whole point of RTW laws.

They may depress union wages but union wages are not the norm. Only 9% of Americans are paid based on union scales. And I'm conceeding this because when I was reading up on it I didn't compare specific union and non union salaries.

$rtw.jpg

snippet:

The chart above (data here) shows that since the recession ended in June 2009, more than two jobs have been created in right-to-work (RTW) states for every one job created in forced unionism states (2.16 million jobs in RTW states vs. 1.05 million jobs in forced unionism states). And when you consider that the population of forced unionism states (141.4 million) is 1.38 times larger than the population of RTW states (102.6 million), that means that RTW states are creating jobs at almost three times ((2.16m / 1.05m) x 1.38) the pace as in forced unionism states. We could also say that forced unionism states would have created close to three million jobs (2.16 m x 1.38) if those states had added new jobs at the same rate as RTW states over the last three years, instead of the 1.05 million increase. In other words, there are about 2 million “missing jobs” in forced unionism states that have much to do with the politics of forced unionism.

Further evidence of a better labor market in RTW states is provided by the fact that the October jobless rate in RTW states at 7.4% is a full point lower than the jobless rate for forced-unionism states at 8.4%. If the forced unionism states had a 7.4% jobless rate, it would mean that more than 800,000 currently unemployed workers in those states would be working today, instead of seeking employment.

Michigan becomes 24th right-to-work state and joins states creating jobs at almost 3X the rate of forced unionism states | AEIdeas

There will always be exceptions to every stat. Nevada is a tourist wasteland so its no surprise. If someone could learn to market dirt and sand they could make a fortune

RTW laws push down wages. That's the whole point of RTW laws.

They may depress union wages but union wages are not the norm. Only 9% of Americans are paid based on union scales. And I'm conceeding this because when I was reading up on it I didn't compare specific union and non union salaries.

Union wages are the norm. It's the non-union workers that are underpaid. Union wages are nothing more than an extension of wages paid back in the 1950's or so,

adjusted for inflation, or at least more adjusted for inflation.

AND they allow businesses to fire people for no reason (and they don't have to give a reason) so that they can squirm out of paying unemployment benefits without getting sued. It's criminal. Way to leave the worker twisting in the wind, assholes. A company in TN did that to my mom FOR NO REASON. Hired someone to take her $25/hr job for $10/hr two weeks later. Of course, that person didn't last - couldn't do the work. And this was done to my mom after 15 years of exemplary, loyal service. RTW is horrible for workers.

Forum List

Back