Wages and benefits

20K a year for everybody. You aren't part of the top 2% so you deserve nothing according to Republicans.

LinK? I know you've been asked before but you are too chikkenshit to provide it. Give it to us.

Its their goals. You see it everywhere. Walker trying to Union Bust so the rich can take from the poor. They hate anyone that works hard and demand to be paid accordingly because "Read my lips, we are going to cut spending" :lol:

They talk about Merits should be rewarded yet when a teacher works hard for 20 years and finally gets tenure, but no they don't deserve that. Work hard for 40 years and now get a chance to cash in on your pensions. No because you didn't work hard. So once again, where are you rewarding hard work? You're not, you're punishing people for not being rich. 401Ks are a joke. You lose money all the time while the rich keep getting richer. Its a ponzi scheme of epic proportions.

I'm still trying to work out why anyone would think that an internet forum is the best place to ask about wages and benefits.... The guy is a teacher, surely he's smart enough to realize that the country is in kind of a mess right now and it's not the appropriate time to be pushing for more money. We got more people than jobs.... even in teaching. Buyers market. When that changes, so will him ability to earn more.

In my opinion, teaching is a vocation, not a job. You do it because you love to teach... at least, that's why the successful teachers teach.

He might have 10/20 years experience (and personally, I would have thought a parent could be slightly more accurate about how much experience their kid has).... but is he any good?

20K a year for everybody. You aren't part of the top 2% so you deserve nothing according to Republicans.

LinK? I know you've been asked before but you are too chikkenshit to provide it. Give it to us.

Its their goals. You see it everywhere. Walker trying to Union Bust so the rich can take from the poor. They hate anyone that works hard and demand to be paid accordingly because "Read my lips, we are going to cut spending" :lol:

They talk about Merits should be rewarded yet when a teacher works hard for 20 years and finally gets tenure, but no they don't deserve that. Work hard for 40 years and now get a chance to cash in on your pensions. No because you didn't work hard. So once again, where are you rewarding hard work? You're not, you're punishing people for not being rich. 401Ks are a joke. You lose money all the time while the rich keep getting richer. Its a ponzi scheme of epic proportions.

A. It takes 20 years to get tenure? Really

B. I believe in merit raises do you?

C. Why do you think it falls on the private sector to pay for the retirement benefits and health care benefits of the public employee? The private sector is expected by you and your ilk to pay for theirs and pay for yours also. How is that fair? Please explain.

D. Do you really think that conducting a war on the rich will land you in Utopia?

E. What do you propose to replace corporations with?

My wife was a supervisor in an insurance co. in MPLS and worked there for 15 years. She did everything they asked of her from working when needed to taking classes and on line to going to schools weeks at a time. she started out at 30,000 as a claims taker and moved up to her supervisor position. in 13 years she got raises that took her to a base pay of 53,000. Then came 9-11 and shortly afterwards her and her friend who were the top two supervisors and oldest were let go. that was in 2002 and she never did go back to work. My wife never had a college degree, but now I hear that my son with a college degree and 20 years of exp as a teacher shouldn't be worth 50,000 a year in Wisc.

What should he be paid then guys? I don't get it, we want the best we can get to teach our kids and we think they should be paid as little as we can force upon them. Then why would they (the best) choose to teach your kids and be told they aren't worth it.
For that matter why would a fireman or a Policeman put their lifes on the line for you and then have you tell them they ain't nothing but lazy bums as I hear republicans saying on TV last night.

and what are you worth California girl?

And Willow if you allow me to keep 5% of your pay for the next 30 years and I will give you set amount each month for the rest of your life but all of a sudden one day I show up and tell you that if you still want that set amount your going to have to start giving me 10% of your pay, what would you tell me?

And Willow if you allow me to keep 5% of your pay for the next 30 years and I will give you set amount each month for the rest of your life but all of a sudden one day I show up and tell you that if you still want that set amount your going to have to start giving me 10% of your pay, what would you tell me?

All I can tell ya Iowa is that the teachers and their unions have had a gravy train for a number of years. And, guess what? Our education system sucks. The whole world is better than ours. Look at Ca. liberalland personified, heavily unionized and heavily taxed.Used to be the best in the world now the worst.. Explain again why unions and liberalism are so damn successful?? I'm all ears.

You left out the part about where I need to give a little or jobs will be lost. Now what do you want me to do?

D. Do you really think that conducting a war on the rich will land you in Utopia?

and do you think racing to the bottom for ordinary workers is a way to get there? But of course ceo's and top exc's and owners deserve whatever they can get, and when things get tough, they should just lower their taxes and raise those who make 50,000 or less as a republican stragist said last night on TV, as one guy told him that teachers and firemen and police pay taxes also, he said not nearly enough.

C. Why do you think it falls on the private sector to pay for the retirement benefits and health care benefits of the public employee? The private sector is expected by you and your ilk to pay for theirs and pay for yours also. How is that fair? Please explain.

A. In my district, yes. Those its a pretty conservative district. Tenure was established so that Assholes like Walker can't fire teachers because he disagrees with him or superintendents that don't like teachers who disagree with their plans. Why is that so awful?

B. Of course, but everytime businesses say they are for merit pay, and a worker performs at a higher level, they don't want to pay them any higher. Merit pay in a perfect world would make sense, but as proven many times, businesses can't be trusted to do whats right.

C. I think that employers and employees should each contribute to an employee's retirement. If an employee contributes 5k, and employer should at least match that. But I think Pensions are the best option. Work it like social security, mandatory pay in now then its available to you at your average wage if you retire at the company. So lets say a worker is required to put 10% of gross wages into the pension plan from day 1. They aren't eligible for the pension unless you work 15 consecutive years with the company. Company matches 50% of all contributions that were made that year. Then it rewards a person's loyality and hard work. Whats so horrible about that?

D. It's not a war on the rich, we want our fair share. Their needs to be a working class and a upper class. Having everyone either poor or rich doesn't do the economy any good.

E. Have I suggest removal of corporations? No but I am asking they actually make an INVESTMENT IN THEIR WORKERS, not squeeze them for everything they have to give and throw them out like trash.

and do you think racing to the bottom for ordinary workers is a way to get there? But of course ceo's and top exc's and owners deserve whatever they can get, and when things get tough, they should just lower their taxes and raise those who make 50,000 or less as a republican stragist said last night on TV, as one guy told him that teachers and firemen and police pay taxes also, he said not nearly enough.

oh, so now the tide changes, your son deserves all he can get off the backs of the taxpayers but ceo's don't?? Oh yeah.

D. It's not a war on the rich, we want our fair share. Their needs to be a working class and a upper class. Having everyone either poor or rich doesn't do the economy any good.

Here's a clue. Whenever someone says he wants his Fair Share, it really does mean he's getting his War On for The Rich.

I'd suggest your son get out of Wisconsin.

The teachers have screwed themselves there, and come Monday, the dance is over.

He'd best head back South where there aren't any unions to screw it up for him.

well since he's probably a liberal, if he exists.

nothing

He should re-distribute all he makes and live at home with you.

why should someone with a degree get paid more than someone w/o?

A. In my district, yes. Those its a pretty conservative district. Tenure was established so that Assholes like Walker can't fire teachers because he disagrees with him or superintendents that don't like teachers who disagree with their plans. Why is that so awful?

B. Of course, but everytime businesses say they are for merit pay, and a worker performs at a higher level, they don't want to pay them any higher. Merit pay in a perfect world would make sense, but as proven many times, businesses can't be trusted to do whats right.

C. I think that employers and employees should each contribute to an employee's retirement. If an employee contributes 5k, and employer should at least match that. But I think Pensions are the best option. Work it like social security, mandatory pay in now then its available to you at your average wage if you retire at the company. So lets say a worker is required to put 10% of gross wages into the pension plan from day 1. They aren't eligible for the pension unless you work 15 consecutive years with the company. Company matches 50% of all contributions that were made that year. Then it rewards a person's loyality and hard work. Whats so horrible about that?

E. Have I suggest removal of corporations? No but I am asking they actually make an INVESTMENT IN THEIR WORKERS, not squeeze them for everything they have to give and throw them out like trash.

Nothing is horrible about that. But that's not what happened in Wisconsin. The private sector was carrying the public sector's load. They cannot afford it. Therefore either soneome gives up a little or jobs are lost. I say let the public employee pay a share of his or her health care and retirement just as the rest of us are expected to do.

The truthy is when somebody on the left says that millionairs and billionairs don't need breaks, and they should be made to pay more you guys all jump on them about how they are playing class warfare, but when ordinary people make more than you then it's OK to say they aren't worth what they are getting, that they should give up some of what they have.

And I can tell you right now, that most of the problems in this country have come from the lack of money. We now have two people working in a family where we used to have one, and there isn't anyone at home to make sure that kids are doing what needs to get done. Teachers can only put the work on the students and grade their progress and report to the parents what that is.

The truth also is that about 30% of kids are just passed on because the parents of kids who consider thier childern as better shouldn't be held back by kids who can't or don't learn as fast.

There isn't a place anymore for kids who just aren't very good at learning once they are shipped out.
They used to be able to get jobs in factories and warehouses but those jobs have now been sent over seas as a way to increase profits for those who share in profits. and the american unskilled worker is now left out in the cold with no place to improve their lifes, but still in the need of things like food and housing and medical, but are told to sad to bad your dad, get lost.

The truthy is when somebody on the left says that millionairs and billionairs don't need breaks, and they should be made to pay more you guys all jump on them about how they are playing class warfare, but when ordinary people make more than you then it's OK to say they aren't worth what they are getting, that they should give up some of what they have.

And I can tell you right now, that most of the problems in this country have come from the lack of money. We now have two people working in a family where we used to have one, and there isn't anyone at home to make sure that kids are doing what needs to get done. Teachers can only put the work on the students and grade their progress and report to the parents what that is.

The truth also is that about 30% of kids are just passed on because the parents of kids who consider thier childern as better shouldn't be held back by kids who can't or don't learn as fast.

There isn't a place anymore for kids who just aren't very good at learning once they are shipped out.
They used to be able to get jobs in factories and warehouses but those jobs have now been sent over seas as a way to increase profits for those who share in profits.
and the american unskilled worker is now left out in the cold with no place to improve their lifes, but still in the need of things like food and housing and medical, but are told to sad to bad your dad, get lost.

The US has the second highest corporate tax in the world. Of course the jobs went overseas. It's all about money. But you want to tax corporations even more. And finally, do you know who really pays for corporate taxes? I'll give you one guess.

It's also important to note that other part of the world are developed/developing - and that's where the customers are. Multi-nationals are logically going to distribute operations globally in order to be closer to their customers. Unsurprisingly, this means they have employees outside of the U.S. Without customer in other countries, the jobs wouldn't exist in the first place, so it's nonsensical to call all such jobs "off shored".

what part of giving up increases in pay over the years to get things like better health ins, better pensions, better working conditions and some guarentees don't you understand.

If I forgo 2 or 3% of what I would have gotten so I can get something else down the road what part of that don't you understand? It's like I used to tell my guys in negotiations, you can't expect to get 5% in a raise and then turn around and get 5% in your pension increase or a matching amount in your 401k. So if you take 3% raise we may get you something in your pension thats worth giving up the other 2%. But now you want to come around and say hey guy we don't like paying for your pension ourselfs and think you should pay for it. But what about the 2% we gave up each year, that was what you agreed to, so where is my money?

I can just imagin one of you guys paying for an insurance policy for 25 years that is going to pay you so much, only to have the company to come back to you and tell you that times are tough right now and if you want the money we said we would give you your going to have to start paying more or were just going to cancle the policy and give you nothing.

Forum List

Back