Wage Growth Has not Matched Productivity Growth

This is a transition. Americans, compared to the rest of the world, have been overpaid since the 50's.

And this is the crux of the Conservative argument in America. Right here.

That somehow..the rest of the world..particularly the third world, which has a yawning gulf between rich and poor..has it right..and the US..which has wage parity..well up until some 30 years ago..has it wrong.

Labor for conservatives has no value..and wealth..no matter how accrued..deserves more wealth.

Simple as that.

I wasn't making a value judgement, just stating a fact.

How do you feel about the brightness of the Sun?

This is a transition. Americans, compared to the rest of the world, have been overpaid since the 50's.

That somehow..the rest of the world..particularly the third world, which has a yawning gulf between rich and poor..has it right..and the US..which has wage parity..well up until some 30 years ago..has it wrong.

Labor for conservatives has no value..and wealth..no matter how accrued..deserves more wealth.

Simple as that.

I wasn't making a value judgement, just stating a fact.

How do you feel about the brightness of the Sun?

What fact?

Americans are paid more then the French? The English? The Italians? The Germans? The Japanese?

Or that Americans are paid more then the Chinese, Ugandans, Mexicans, Peruvians and Indonesians.

Conservatives are regressive. They look at places were people are happy and cringe. They look at places where people are in misery and rejoice.

well if this analysis didn't include the value or cost of benefits it is useless and intended to mislead.

What's new?

yes, I am wondering how they would be able to say, calculate peoples profit sharing acct's.? Do co's voluntarily give them a base figure per year for say profit sharing or 401k matches etc...or stock discounts? Options?

I have to say maybe I am just unusual in this sense but, my income (gross) literally multiplied 2.5 times between 95 and 2010 and I know many who can make the same claim or close to it....... ...:eusa_think:curiously my take home was only at 1.5....hummmmmm:rolleyes:

Are you educated? Generally, the more educated you are, the better you have done. I make far more than I did 15 years ago but I'm not representative of the average worker. First of all, I'm better looking ...

actually no, I became educated as my former co. provided the opportunities for advancement. My looks got me the job to start with...:eusa_whistle:

Simple as that.

hyperbole much?

More has been done to the American Worker than just chip away at his protections. Essentially, the American Worker is being treated as a cash cow. More production for less real wages, higher costs for health care, fewer pensions, and far less stability.

In the meantime, we are told that the upper 2% deserve all that they are getting, and we are just dumb proles that deserve to live at a much lower standard than we do at present. And the present trends are in that direction.

The flooded labor pool is exploited by the very same people who helped to create it.

A flooded labor pool is the cheap labor conservative's wet dream come true.

you must walk around naked then........

Simple as that.

hyperbole much?

I wish that were the case on this point.

It isn't as evidenced in the yawning gulf between rich and poor in this country that just keeps getting bigger.

Or maybe you can explain to me how the fuck one guy gets to have 53 billion dollars?

What..did he part the red sea or something?

Simple as that.

hyperbole much?

It isn't as evidenced in the yawning gulf between rich and poor in this country that just keeps getting bigger.

Or maybe you can explain to me how the fuck one guy gets to have 53 billion dollars?

you talking about Buffet or Gates?

annnd, last I checked, you're free to earn what your talent, ambition, work and grit gets you...have at it.

hyperbole much?

you talking about Buffet or Gates?

annnd, last I checked, you're free to earn what your talent, ambition, work and grit gets you...have at it.

Which..is not the case..in either case..

But thanks for playing.

Forum List

Back