Wade: what a bitter little loser!

Status
Not open for further replies.
jimnyc said:
Jim needs to be screwed. :)

here's some spank material -

Mary on the left, a guy named Greg in the middle, mary's pal Kylie on the right ;)

kyliemarykiss.jpg

Wow.... it's bad enough that he got banned. But he threatens to commit crimes and does it IN WRITING! Aren't threatening emails illegal?

How stupid can he get?

Freedom of speech.... that applies to the government, doesn't it? I don't think that privately owned institution are held to that. For example, if I started cursing loudly in a restaurant and was being a loud, obnoxious nuisance, the management would be within their rights to throw me out. Isn't that what bouncers do in bars?

I'm not an attorney, nonetheless, I don't believe Wade's freedom of speech was violated. He isn't being prevented from joining other message boards (there are thousands of them).

Other boards also ban posters who break their terms and conditions of use, and delete offensive and inappropriate messages. Wade agreed to those terms and conditions just like the rest of us.

KarlMarx said:
Wow.... it's bad enough that he got banned. But he threatens to commit crimes and does it IN WRITING! Aren't threatening emails illegal?

How stupid can he get?

Freedom of speech.... that applies to the government, doesn't it? I don't think that privately owned institution are held to that. For example, if I started cursing loudly in a restaurant and was being a loud, obnoxious nuisance, the management would be within their rights to throw me out. Isn't that what bouncers do in bars?

I'm not an attorney, nonetheless, I don't believe Wade's freedom of speech was violated. He isn't being prevented from joining other message boards (there are thousands of them).

Other boards also ban posters who break their terms and conditions of use, and delete offensive and inappropriate messages. Wade agreed to those terms and conditions just like the rest of us.

Great points, Karl. If wade's standards of "freedom of speech" applied consistently on message boards, DU would be in court 24/7!

musicman said:
Great points, Karl. If wade's standards of "freedom of speech" applied consistently on message boards, DU would be in court 24/7!

Isn't this such a great example of the Left's hypocrisy when it comes to free speech? DU bans posters for saying "Reagan was a good president" and no one thinks twice about it. Here we have an obnoxious poster, who just happens to be liberal and all the sudden he's threatening to sue, it's a free speech issue....Man, you'd think that he was Nathan Hale and the moderators were the British about to hang him!

Pardon me for posting something really crude, but I can't think of a polite way to say this.....Some people have their heads so far up their asses that if they farted, they'd blow their brains out.

I happen to have access to a few attorneys, one of whom I discussed this issue with today and laid out all the facts. He's been a practicing attorney for 22 years and is quite up to date with intellectual property rights.

After he was done giggling he backed up my assertion about ownership of the posts. Utilizing my software on the site I own makes any resulting database entries my property. Of course anyone can sue anyone for pretty much anything, but it would result in nothing. I hope he does try it though. After he spends quite a few thousand to subpoena the information from my upstream provider he 'might' find out the appropriate info to go forward. Then he'll need to file suit in my hometime and make arrangements to be here for any trials or pre-trial hearings. Travel fees and/or lodging are not considered in suits of this nature. So he'll be spending thousands of dollars to get laughed out of court in my hometown.

He has no legal standing whatsoever and reserves the right to kiss my neocon fascist ass.

And he's still banned. :)

Sir Evil said:
Sage - I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt here and assume you are asking "why the censorship" as to what the hell Wade is talking about! I couldn't imagine you would mean that against the board after our very heated begining!

Maybe censorship was a strong word to use, but Wade is banned from posting, correct? Now someone answered that Jimmy rules, I am just wondering if banning is arbitrary, is it subject to rules, is it a matter of style and content. I do not mean to say anything against the board I just want to know.
I suppose we all find people that post things we like to read, even if we dont agree with what they say. I am not defending Wade, but his post's did usually turn into name calling on both sides and anything he did have to say, IF he had anything to say, was obscured by the noise. I have taken a few low blows here myself. I know I'm part of the minority opinion here, and I find it challenging and interesting so I continue on. However, I also feel like when someone posts something really unpopular the opposition gets very personal, and yes it comes with the territory, but in some cases it does overshadow and interrupts what could be an honest debate over an issue.
Is this more a message board to just tout your point of view or is it intended as a forum for debate. I'm asking this in good faith, I think it is a fair question..

sagegirl said:
Maybe censorship was a strong word to use, but Wade is banned from posting, correct? Now someone answered that Jimmy rules, I am just wondering if banning is arbitrary, is it subject to rules, is it a matter of style and content. I do not mean to say anything against the board I just want to know.
I suppose we all find people that post things we like to read, even if we dont agree with what they say. I am not defending Wade, but his post's did usually turn into name calling on both sides and anything he did have to say, IF he had anything to say, was obscured by the noise. I have taken a few low blows here myself. I know I'm part of the minority opinion here, and I find it challenging and interesting so I continue on. However, I also feel like when someone posts something really unpopular the opposition gets very personal, and yes it comes with the territory, but in some cases it does overshadow and interrupts what could be an honest debate over an issue.
Is this more a message board to just tout your point of view or is it intended as a forum for debate. I'm asking this in good faith, I think it is a fair question..

No. His views were refuted by compelling arguments; the noise was him crying about it.

sagegirl said:
Maybe censorship was a strong word to use, but Wade is banned from posting, correct? Now someone answered that Jimmy rules, I am just wondering if banning is arbitrary, is it subject to rules, is it a matter of style and content.

In case you didn't notice, there are rules posted at the very top of this board, the first forum. Wade broke them and was given temporary bans 2x prior. He broke them a 3rd time and now is history. And again, I think his written threats show it was the right choice.

Sir Evil said:
A fair question indeed! We are both a message board as well as a forum of debate, it all depends on how you wish to use it.

We hold everyone on the board to the same standard of rules, I myself have been banned for a few days! I have banned family and friends as well. I also took the time to explain the weeding out process to you, the difference between people just looking to stir up trouble and those that wish to truly say something. We have plenty people here with different views, We could use a few more. The fact is that 9 out of 10 new members that come aboard with different views are not grown up enough to control themselves in an orderly fashion when posting. We have banned several conservative members here as well. I myself have had words with some of our conservative members and have had great debates with liberal thinkers. So no, their is no double standards when it comes down to who stays and who goes, if that were the case you would be on borrowed time as I agree with nothing that you have stated so far! However, you show the initiative to want a good debate and not just seeking to stir the pot. Jim mentioned that he banned Wade twice previously, what he didn't mention that Wade was also banned by myself once as well as by another moderator, so he has had several chances and chose not to adhere to the rules on several occasions. I wouls say that we have been more than fair!

Thanks....and I did read the rules that are posted before I ever registered and I have always tried to abide by them.. I read posts for about a week before I joined in. I'm a little ignorant about some terms or nomenclature regarding posting and thusly dont quite get the gist of some criticisms.....basically I understand. Thanks again, Sage

I posted a recipe for stew and Joz and I are going to cook up a batch of this stuff cuz the rumor is it might make you guys kinder and gentler....and I'm not talking kool aid (it took me awhile to get that one). Sarcasm is not my best suit, so be plain and simple with me or I might not even know when I'm being insulted.

Since I'm rather new here, could someone summarize what Wade was doing that got him bounced out of here?

Regards, Eightballsidepocket

Sir Evil said:
QueBall - Wade had a habit of making accusations in his posts without any thing to back up his claims, although there is nothing against the rules about that it did lead to a lot of bickering. His biggest mistake was airing out complaints on the open forums which is something that is clearly against the rules! Too many times he found it to be necessary to claim we were not fair out in public forums when he has been treated as fairly if not more than many others. His only reason to come and post was to create trouble on the board, after a while this gets old so he was issued his walking papers!

In short, he was/is a card carrying member of the PITA club...Pain In The Ass...

I'll admit i havent been here that long and haven't read all the post over time to know - but the post of wades i have seen I thought he put alot of work into, and alot of thought . We all live under the rules of the fourms but none the less wade will be missed.

dumphauler said:
wade will be missed.

Read his latest email to me carefully. I'm sorry, but this isn't the kind of member I want at this board.

As far as my threats being to do anything illegal, I made no such threats. I can join your board again if I wish and you are unable to detect it (very easily done since I have multiple machines and ISP's), and once a member I can post whatever I want until you ban me. Banning me is your only recourse as long as what I post is not illegal. So if I choose to put a load of garbage posts on your board, or repeat a post in every thread, that is not illegal.

As far as burning your bandwidth, that can be done simply by promoting your board and driving a lot of people to open a large page. Nothing illegal about that either.

Finally, even if I were to do something illegal, it'd have to cost you $5000 in demonstratable losses before the courts would even consider pursuing it. But I will not knowingly break the law, it's a matter of principal. I'm sure you can tell that I've not even pinged your IP or scanned your ports.

So just enjoy your little club of neo-nazi butt lickers. You can all sit around and agree with each other, that makes for a very dull board doesn't it? Someday, I may decide to post on your board again, but it will be at least a month because right now I'm just too angry.

Eightball said:
Since I'm rather new here, could someone summarize what Wade was doing that got him bounced out of here?

Regards, Eightballsidepocket

In short, HE's the one who couldn't handle free speech. He found it intolerable that he could not silence his opposition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back