WACO

Desperado

Diamond Member
Mar 13, 2012
Did anyone watch the WACO mini series on the Paramount (Spike) network?
To me it it made the Branch Davidians and David Koresh look like the victims of an out of control
federal law enforcement agents, specifically the ATF and the FBI.

To me it it made the Branch Davidians and David Koresh look like the victims of an out of control

He was a nutcase, and they had plenty of time to escape and they started the fire, its all on them. Wacko's with a pedophile leader and a storehouse of weapons.

I agree. Yes David was a bit of a whacko. His following had their common sense compromised. The FBI knew this but used a well known dangerous method to get them out which resulted in fire. I can understand why the FBI would claim Davidians started the fire. They were saving their ass. Nevertheless it was a shameful lie.

Dark day when innocent children die like that. Our government should be ashamed

The only children killed were those fathered by Koresh. I don't know what that means, but it doesn't feel innocent to me.

Children are children. The government had them surrounded and under siege, they were not going anywhere. Poor poor judgement on Reno's part

Children are children. The government had them surrounded and under siege, they were not going anywhere. Poor poor judgement on Reno's part
Reno took the FBI agent's advice. He is the one at fault. Reno most likely was not aware of the fire dangers of the gas.

Dark day when innocent children die like that. Our government should be ashamed

The only children killed were those fathered by Koresh. I don't know what that means, but it doesn't feel innocent to me.

I don't disagree with that. It's just...unsettling.

Art doesn't always reflect reality.
That point is well taken. However the series has a follow-on. Where the survivors will be interviewed. I'm sure they will verify the story line, because it most likely came from the survivors.

The FBI used tear gas and numerous times prior to this tear gas resulted in fires.
The FBI knew this was a possibiliity when they used it

Yet artistic license is always the option used...
No doubt artistic license was used on private conversations between people that didn't survive, but the conversations with the negotiator are part of the record and give credence to the whole picture.

And that's exactly what they were.

That situation was handled wrongfully from beginning to end. There was no way to justify anything the ATF and the FBI/HRT ("Hostage Rescue" Team) did there. Numerous books have been written about the Waco massacre but the most accurate and carefully documented of the lot is, The Ashes of Waco -- An Investigation, by Dick Reavis, who had been David Koresh's lawyer. This book contains a lot of important, well-documented facts which were not revealed in the tv series and I highly recommend it to anyone who wishes the learn the full truth about the most egregious crime ever perpetrated by the U.S. Government against peaceful citizens.

Forum List

Back