wackjob right and regulation

Does local government have the right to regulate local business?

• Total voters
bloomberg WAS a republican

he's now an independent...not a democrat.

You are right, but the man definitely acts like a democrat. Walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, I thought he was a duck. So to speak. But the kind of programs he's pushing, that's nanny state stuff that the GOP is against.

no. he doesn't. democrat is not defined by things you don't like.

and your not being dishonest would be appreciated.

Jillian dont be a doofus...the guy ran as a republican to get elected, why??????? because Guilliani got shit done and he wanted to ride that wave. He's so much a Republican that he publicly withdrew from the party and has bashed it, so fuck this statist prick. He is no republican, he is faaar closer to democrats (he's pro gay, pro abortion, pro tax, and he loves to ban legal things because he wants to think for you, that's a liberal, not a conservative or a liberatarian)

Bloomberg is a democrat.

Most righties do think the gov't has a role in regulating business, it's just a question of how much, how effectrively, and how costly. You guys tend to go overboard on it when you get the chance.

Answer to your question: yes.

bloomberg WAS a republican

he's now an independent...not a democrat.

You are right, but the man definitely acts like a democrat. Walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, I thought he was a duck. So to speak. But the kind of programs he's pushing, that's nanny state stuff that the GOP is against.

you go Wiseacre, ride that pony!!!!!!!!!

sigh the OP sure can't let this one go huh? Feels the need to be right in some fashion.
Anyways to answer the question rationally and logically. Sure the Right is fine with local governments regulating businesses. The point is even in local government you still get stupid laws that are a waste of time. This Formula law is one of those moments where humans failed to use common sense.

There is a difference from regulating mothers who want to use formula and not breast feed and a who wants to serve food and ignore health and safety laws.

The OP feels like being extreme in order to have a "point". Broadbrush arguments rarely have any value.

sigh the OP sure can't let this one go huh? Feels the need to be right in some fashion.
Anyways to answer the question rationally and logically. Sure the Right is fine with local governments regulating businesses. The point is even in local government you still get stupid laws that are a waste of time. This Formula law is one of those moments where humans failed to use common sense.

There is a difference from regulating mothers who want to use formula and not breast feed and a who wants to serve food and ignore health and safety laws.

The OP feels like being extreme in order to have a "point". Broadbrush arguments rarely have any value.

I agree with Plasma.....is it December 12 already? but nice post, cant agree with you more on this one.

The wackjob right doesn't believe the federal government has the authority to regulate business.

I got that.

But not only that - they don't even think state or local government has the authority to regulate business - even if the regulation is voluntary! I submit as evidence this thread:

By definition, regulation is compulsory. The phrase "voluntary regulation" is an oxymoron.

The wackjob right doesn't believe the federal government has the authority to regulate business.

I got that.

But not only that - they don't even think state or local government has the authority to regulate business - even if the regulation is voluntary! I submit as evidence this thread:

By definition, regulation is compulsory. The phrase "voluntary regulation" is an oxymoron.

Quit using big words, he doesnt have a thesaurus or a dictionary near by. Oooh like I said you amuse me....I think Ooooo is Gene Gene the dancing machine!!!!!!!!!
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuJHKVQ2kLA]Gong Show: Gene Gene the Dancing Machine - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back