WA Governor's Race Decision -

I don't know whether to cry or throw up.

But I think my days as a WA resident are numbered. Why live in a state where voting is a formality?

I'd caution you to resist lashing out too much - remember how much shit we gave the Kerry supporters when their guy lost?

Don't panic, brother.

gop_jeff said:
I don't know whether to cry or throw up.

But I think my days as a WA resident are numbered. Why live in a state where voting is a formality?

Because land is less than in CA and going up.

My best bud in bonney lake just increased his net by 70K over an 18 month period.

Me,

still renting in Cali cause a mtg will kill me.

I told him about this site, so we will see if he joins. He actually looks somewhat like that rocker in your avatar. LOL

-=d=- said:
I'd caution you to resist lashing out too much - remember how much shit we gave the Kerry supporters when their guy lost?

Don't panic, brother.

I'm not lashing out against anyone in particular. And this has no similarities to Kerry's loss.

Texas, anyone?

Yurt said:
Because land is less than in CA and going up.

My best bud in bonney lake just increased his net by 70K over an 18 month period.

Me,

still renting in Cali cause a mtg will kill me.

I told him about this site, so we will see if he joins. He actually looks somewhat like that rocker in your avatar. LOL

I live about 15 minutes from Bonney Lake (Puyallup). My home's equity is up (conservatively) $50K in 18 months. It's a hot market.

But honest elections are more important to me than rising real estate markets.

gop_jeff said:
I'm not lashing out against anyone in particular. And this has no similarities to Kerry's loss.

It's akin to those 'I'm leaving the country! Bush WON!!' rants... :(

gop_jeff said:
I live about 15 minutes from Bonney Lake (Puyallup). My home's equity is up (conservatively) $50K in 18 months. It's a hot market.

But honest elections are more important to me than rising real estate markets.

I live about 10 minutes from Jeff - we bought at 184K 20 months ago. Two months ago we got a 255K appraisal...which is likely on the 'high' side...but still. :)

-=d=- said:
It's akin to those 'I'm leaving the country! Bush WON!!' rants... :(

It's not that I would consider leaving because we lost. I would consider leaving because the system is corrupt, and the party in power has no interest in changing it.

That's what the concept of federalism is all about.

gop_jeff said:
It's not that I would consider leaving because we lost. I would consider leaving because the system is corrupt, and the party in power has no interest in changing it.

I'll tell you what i'm 'not' doing - I'm 'not' saying you are wrong; however, those same arguments were made on DU re: GWB's victory. :(

-=d=- said:
I'll tell you what i'm 'not' doing - I'm 'not' saying you are wrong; however, those same arguments were made on DU re: GWB's victory. :(

Because the arguments were made at DU doesn't mean they are necessarily wrong. The circumstances are totally different; therefore, the argument's merits are totally different.

gop_jeff said:
Because the arguments were made at DU doesn't mean they are necessarily wrong. The circumstances are totally different; therefore, the argument's merits are totally different.

...but your 'reaction' is the same....I'm saying...give it time...relax a bit and don't stress. :)

-=d=- said:
...but your 'reaction' is the same....I'm saying...give it time...relax a bit and don't stress. :)

My reaction is (potentially) justified.

Here's an analogy to put it into perspective.

Joe is about to turn into a parking place he's been waiting on. At the last minute, someone else pulls into the space. In retaliation, Joe pulls out a gun and shoots the inconsiderate driver to death.

Jim is home at night, when he hears a scream coming from his teenage daughter's room. He runs downstairs to find a strange man attempting to rape his daughter. In retaliation, Jim pulls out a gun and shoots the would-be rapist to death.

Two situations, different circumstances. The reaction was the same, but the reaction to shooting the jerk-off driver is not justified, while the same reaction is justified in killing a would-be rapist.

gop_jeff said:

You should be in Illinois! :eek:

http://www.suntimes.com/output/news/cst-nws-levine10.html

A top fund-raiser for failed Republican gubernatorial nominee Jim Ryan who later was reappointed to key state posts by Gov. Blagojevich, was rousted out of bed early Monday by FBI agents and hauled into court on fraud charges alleging kickbacks, influence-peddling and insider dealing.

All told, Stuart P. Levine, 59, abused his positions on the Illinois Health Facilities Planning Board and the Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science/Chicago Medical School board of trustees to the tune of $9.5 million, federal prosecutors stated in a 64-page indictment.

Charged along with Levine, of Highland Park, were P. Nicholas Hurtgen, 42, and Jacob Kiferbaum, 52, both of Glencoe. Hurtgen, a former executive with Bear Stearns & Co., and Kiferbaum, a construction magnate, took part in the schemes so their companies could obtain multimillion-dollar contracts, the government is alleging. Kiferbaum is cooperating in the investigation, which authorities said is only just beginning.

"It's truly stunning what people will do when motivated by greed and backed by clout," U.S. Attorney Patrick Fitzgerald said. "When you serve on the board of a state . . . it's your job to look out for the citizens of Illinois . . . not to shake down bribes and extort people to steer contracts to your friends..."

http://www.suntimes.com/output/news/cst-nws-daley29.html
Federal indictments are making their way up the City Hall food chain. The Hispanic Democratic Organization he created has turned into a political monster at the center of a hiring scandal. He has handcuffed his own fund-raising ability. His poll numbers are headed south.

But despite all that, Mayor Daley could still win the sixth term he needs to become Chicago's longest-serving mayor if he chooses to stay and fight -- and if those closest to him don't get caught up in the scandal.

That's the consensus from a sampling of aldermen, mayoral confidants and political consultants who have no ties to Richard M. Daley.

They agree the Hired Truck, minority contracting and hiring scandals -- and a steady stream of stories about contract cronyism -- have dealt the mayor a political body blow. They also agree there's no telling where federal investigations may lead in the 21 months leading up to the 2007 election.

'His numbers are . . . not that bad'...

gop_jeff said:
My reaction is (potentially) justified.

Here's an analogy to put it into perspective.

Joe is about to turn into a parking place he's been waiting on. At the last minute, someone else pulls into the space. In retaliation, Joe pulls out a gun and shoots the inconsiderate driver to death.

Jim is home at night, when he hears a scream coming from his teenage daughter's room. He runs downstairs to find a strange man attempting to rape his daughter. In retaliation, Jim pulls out a gun and shoots the would-be rapist to death.

Two situations, different circumstances. The reaction was the same, but the reaction to shooting the jerk-off driver is not justified, while the same reaction is justified in killing a would-be rapist.

Okay then.

Forum List

Back