WA bans gender terms from marriage certificates

novasteve

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2011
Bellevue
so basically because a tiny minority of marriages will be same sex, they need to get rid of terms like husband and wife, so on the certificate, traditional marriage is gone due to a tiny minority. DIdn't liberals claim they weren't changing the definition of marriage yet they do things like this? And straight couples won't be allowed to have husband and wife on the certificate thanks to liberals.

http://radio.foxnews.com/toddstarne...ate-bride-groom-on-marriage-certificates.html

It's about reducing the entire culture to its lowest degraded common denominator. It's a wonder the designations haven't been changed to Creature One and Creature Two so as to not have to do it when people start marrying their pets.

Who cares? Does it change marriage in any way? Do people now get less rights? Is anyone trying to force you not recognize your partner as husband/wife?

This isn't something I would advocate, but it's pretty stupid to get worked up over it.

Who cares? Does it change marriage in any way? Do people now get less rights? Is anyone trying to force you not recognize your partner as husband/wife?

This isn't something I would advocate, but it's pretty stupid to get worked up over it.

In fact, it would accomplish just the opposite.

Marriage between men and women have a 50% fail rate and yet the homophobe haters say the marriages of others will threaten their own.

What a lot of to-do over nothing.

Why shouldn't all US citizens have the same rights?

Removing one brick at a time...one brick at a time. :eusa_eh:

Unfortunately, yes.

The wall of ignorance and hate should not be dismantled one brick at a time, it should be dispatched with a wrecking ball.

It's not ignorance and hate, clayton...I have no hate towards the gay community, I have my belief and it IS that marriage is between a man and a woman. That isn't ignorance and that isn't hate.
Your talking points fail the litmus test.

Removing one brick at a time...one brick at a time. :eusa_eh:

Unfortunately, yes.

The wall of ignorance and hate should not be dismantled one brick at a time, it should be dispatched with a wrecking ball.

It's not ignorance and hate, clayton...I have no hate towards the gay community, I have my belief and it IS that marriage is between a man and a woman. That isn't ignorance and that isn't hate.

So gays shouldn't be married because of your belief?

Unfortunately, yes.

Nice try, zippie :D

Nice try, zippie :D

Well then, what did you mean?

Who gets to decide who is included under the heading of "equal rights"?

so basically because a tiny minority of marriages will be same sex, they need to get rid of terms like husband and wife, so on the certificate, traditional marriage is gone due to a tiny minority. DIdn't liberals claim they weren't changing the definition of marriage yet they do things like this? And straight couples won't be allowed to have husband and wife on the certificate thanks to liberals.

State to Eliminate

tissue?

WA legalized same sex marriage. They don't want to have separate forms for gay couples, so they made it gender neutral.

Shocking:rolleyes:

There goes the argument this wasn't about changing the definition of marriage.

What is the certificate supposed to say for a same sex couple?

State to Eliminate

No gender? No need to fight for "women's rights" :D

Libs said this wouldn't impact heterosexual couples, but clearly that wasn't true. Why do liberals lie so much? Is it part of their mental illness?

New Topics

Forum List

Back