VT delegates bail on Democratic convention

washamericom

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2010

PHILADELPHIA - Two Vermonters have left the Democratic National Convention because of Hillary Clinton's nomination and will return to Vermont.

Shyla Nelson, an opera singer and activist from Hartford and Norwich, announced her decision Wednesday, the day after Sanders lost the presidential nomination.

Maria Rinaldi of Jericho also skipped the convention Wednesday and planned to drive home.

"I just couldn’t take sitting through two more days of a Hillary celebration," said Rinaldi, who feels Hillary Clinton's campaign has not listened to people like her.

Nelson's departure followed a string of high-profile appearances at the convention. Sanders personally asked Nelson, a former employee in his Burlington mayoral administration, to deliver a speech in support of his presidential nomination at about 5:15 p.m.

"It was one of the greatest honors of my life," Nelson said in an interview.

After the votes were tallied, Sanders made a motion for all Democrats to support Clinton as their nominee — and Nelson walked out.

i'll be interested to hear what Bernie has to say when he has a chance to reflect.

i sort of know the feeling, i left Cpac early when Trump cancelled, the big difference i guess, is that Trump will actually be president.

i wonder if Bernie is still available if a clinton scandal pops up.

I have to say, the fact that you predict Trump's victory is very comforting for me, since going by your track record of predictions, it almost guarantees that he won't - just like how Obama was never kicked out of office because of his birth certificate, and just like the movie Atlas Shrugged didn't change America forever.

I've been a Bernie fan since I first met him when I was six - but there was never any chance he'd be President. He certainly made an impression, though. Nor am I surprised the Vermont delegates left.

But are you seriously deluded enough to think that Trump will win Vermont?

PHILADELPHIA - Two Vermonters have left the Democratic National Convention because of Hillary Clinton's nomination and will return to Vermont.

Shyla Nelson, an opera singer and activist from Hartford and Norwich, announced her decision Wednesday, the day after Sanders lost the presidential nomination.

Maria Rinaldi of Jericho also skipped the convention Wednesday and planned to drive home.

"I just couldn’t take sitting through two more days of a Hillary celebration," said Rinaldi, who feels Hillary Clinton's campaign has not listened to people like her.

Nelson's departure followed a string of high-profile appearances at the convention. Sanders personally asked Nelson, a former employee in his Burlington mayoral administration, to deliver a speech in support of his presidential nomination at about 5:15 p.m.

After the votes were tallied, Sanders made a motion for all Democrats to support Clinton as their nominee — and Nelson walked out.

i'll be interested to hear what Bernie has to say when he has a chance to reflect.

i sort of know the feeling, i left Cpac early when Trump cancelled, the big difference i guess, is that Trump will actually be president.

Good. It makes no sense for someone who has never been a Democrat to be at the convention.

• Banned
I have to say, the fact that you predict Trump's victory is very comforting for me, since going by your track record of predictions, it almost guarantees that he won't - just like how Obama was never kicked out of office because of his birth certificate, and just like the movie Atlas Shrugged didn't change America forever.

I've been a Bernie fan since I first met him when I was six - but there was never any chance he'd be President. He certainly made an impression, though. Nor am I surprised the Vermont delegates left.

that's why i'm here. atlas shrugged did change the face of American politics (awesome you remember). and Bernie could have been president if we had a functioning justice department. which we don't.

Bernie is a nice man, i like him personally, i disagree with 90% of his stance.

we've had republican governors, and Trump's coat tails may become enormous.

• Banned

Good. It makes no sense for someone who has never been a Democrat to be at the convention.
Bernie's never been a democrat.

Yes and I'd appreciate it if he fucked off

Good. I hope more commies leave the Democratic party.

2 whole people???? Oh the humanity!

• Banned

that's why i'm here. atlas shrugged did change the face of American politics (awesome you remember). and Bernie could have been president if we had a functioning justice department. which we don't.

we're really trying to find that dyed in the wool conservative streak, which isn't hard to do once you leave Burlington.

Good. I hope more commies leave the Democratic party.
but... commies are the democrat party comrade.

2 whole people???? Oh the humanity!
i can't vouch for their wholeness.

we're really trying to find that dyed in the wool conservative streak, which isn't hard to do once you leave Burlington.

:lol:

I wouldn't know about Burlington, never been there.

But I didn't meet many "dyed in the wool conservatives" around where I lived.

i doubt it, you can ask.

i doubt it, you can ask.
He already did us the courtesy of dropping the label. Now he'll sit down and shut up until the convention is over, and we'll never hear from his dumb ass again.

:lol:

But I didn't meet many "dyed in the wool conservatives" around where I lived.
Burlington sprawl i think is the reason the changed so quickly. but there was a socialist mayor.

i doubt it, you can ask.
He already did us the courtesy of dropping the label. Now he'll sit down and shut up until the convention is over, and we'll never hear from his dumb ass again.
unless we find a justice department.

i doubt it, you can ask.
unless we find a justice department.
^ dumb

Burlington is like Berkeley.

I find that a little hard to believe - I live on the Berkeley border now, and lived in Vermont for years.

Vermonters don't strike me as the type that would put up with nanny-state bullshit like soda taxes and smoke-free streets.

Forum List

Back