Vs

Unkotare

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2011
Portuguese academic says British are filthy violent and drunk - UK - News - The Independent

"In a book describing his experiences of living in the UK a Portuguese academic based at Imperial College London has some strong words about British culture, the Daily Telegraph has reported. In the book he describes English culture as “pathologically violent” and criticises British boozing and uncleanliness."

I wonder how the other parts of Eurozone feel about one another.

There is a problem with our binge drinking culture, and we are a violent society. There's no denying that. But the Portuguese are inherently lazy and in constant need of handouts.

Portuguese academic says British are filthy violent and drunk - UK - News - The Independent

"In a book describing his experiences of living in the UK a Portuguese academic based at Imperial College London has some strong words about British culture, the Daily Telegraph has reported. In the book he describes English culture as “pathologically violent” and criticises British boozing and uncleanliness."

I wonder how the other parts of Eurozone feel about one another.

I'm surprised the British got such a stellar review. They usually don't do that well. Seriously though, JFK airport in NY ranked the British as the most troublesome air travelers in a NY Times piece awhile back. They were the most likely to be arrested on landing at JFK, for so frequently making such drunken nuisances of themselves for airline crews and the passengers around them.

My mother was half-Brit. No wonder my penchant for alcohol. :beer:

Depends on which part of Britain you come from, and your heritage. I am Anglo Saxon and as such can drink without it affecting my mood overmuch, those of a Celtic background have a lower tolerance to alcohol and a fiery temper so tend to become aggressive. Why do you think there is so much fighting and violence in Scotland, N.Ireland and Cornwall

[Why do you think there is so much fighting and violence in Scotland, N.Ireland and Cornwall

The answer to that question lies in history, not blood alcohol level.

Wrong as the celts have a "defective" gene that lowers their tolerance to alcohol and its effects, causing them to be aggressive. The same family of genes give ginger hair and fair skin

[Why do you think there is so much fighting and violence in Scotland, N.Ireland and Cornwall

Wrong as the celts have a "defective" gene that lowers their tolerance to alcohol and its effects, causing them to be aggressive. The same family of genes give ginger hair and fair skin

That comes from the Vikings.

It's not a gene, but the transgressions of the English that has historically earned them the violence from vital peoples they so deserve. Anglo-Saxons (the name itself includes one of their many historical butt-takings) will get drunk as quickly as anyone else, and with the predictable consequences. Check the crime stats across England - idiots spilling from pubs knifing each other and generally causing public chaos in their drunken stupors. Alcohol gets people drunk, that's why it's so popular all over the world.

Depends on which part of Britain you come from, and your heritage. I am Anglo Saxon and as such can drink without it affecting my mood overmuch, those of a Celtic background have a lower tolerance to alcohol and a fiery temper so tend to become aggressive. Why do you think there is so much fighting and violence in Scotland, N.Ireland and Cornwall
How about the Welsh? I have a very common family name that comes from there and my drinking habits are as you described of the Celts.

When I was younger I wanted to fight and now that I'm older I don't drink as much but when I do I'm usually grabbing women's tits and ass!

It's not a gene, but the transgressions of the English that has historically earned them the violence from vital peoples they so deserve. Anglo-Saxons (the name itself includes one of their many historical butt-takings) will get drunk as quickly as anyone else, and with the predictable consequences. Check the crime stats across England - idiots spilling from pubs knifing each other and generally causing public chaos in their drunken stupors. Alcohol gets people drunk, that's why it's so popular all over the world.

Now check the crime stats for Scotland and you will see it is far more violent than the rest of the UK, even N.I. The scots drink far more alcohol than any other group, and the violence levels are the highest in the whole of the UK

Now check the crime stats for Scotland and you will see it is far more violent than the rest of the UK, even N.I. The scots drink far more alcohol than any other group, and the violence levels are the highest in the whole of the UK

Pay no attention to Unkotare. He has no idea what he's talking about (as usual).

Brits are a schizophrenic people. They are both some of the most refined and intelligent people I have met as well as the most depraved louts. Lower-income chavs sponge off the government's liberal "dole" which gives them enough to go on drinking binges at home and abroad. I've seen this disgusting behavior first-hand several times on the Greek islands.

It is truly a class, and classless, society.

How about the Welsh? I have a very common family name that comes from there and my drinking habits are as you described of the Celts.

When I was younger I wanted to fight and now that I'm older I don't drink as much but when I do I'm usually grabbing women's tits and ass!

Many Welsh have Celtic blood, which means they get drunk quicker while being able to consume more. The Anglo Saxons get drunk slower but cant keep on drinking when they are drunk. Because of this the Celts tend to be fiery and aggressive when drunk, and have lowered inhibitions when in their cups. Could explain the violence when other men take exception to their sexual assaults on their wives/mothers/girlfriends.

Brits are a schizophrenic people. They are both some of the most refined and intelligent people I have met as well as the most depraved louts. Lower-income chavs sponge off the government's liberal "dole" which gives them enough to go on drinking binges at home and abroad. I've seen this disgusting behavior first-hand several times on the Greek islands.

Call us cultured thugs, Meathead. Afterall, it's what a lot of us are.

Not all the Brits are like that, its like saying all the Yanks are fat loud arrogant slobs because that is how a few are. Or all the French are cowardly onion growers, or the Italians are greasy womanisers. Many Brits have more Class than the chavs who make their money by thieving and selling drugs.

Not all the Brits are like that, its like saying all the Yanks are fat loud arrogant slobs because that is how a few are. Or all the French are cowardly onion growers, or the Italians are greasy womanisers. Many Brits have more Class than the chavs who make their money by thieving and selling drugs.
Did you actually read my post? Try it again, from the beginning.

Forum List

Back