VP debate...memories....

If you say enough I'm pretty sure you'll be convinced...:wink_2:

You're so one sided I find it disturbing...

When Obama & Nancy passed Obamacare and she said..."we have to pass the health care bill so that you can find out what is in it" did you ever forgive them?

No, because I never considered that a big deal. I think ObamaCare was severely flawed in a lot of ways, and we will spend years tweaking it.

the dishonesty about ObamaCare is that Republicans used to support it when it was called "RomneyCare".

I realize, being Americans, we are never going to dive right into a single payer system, like the rest of the world has had for years. Just like we don't use the Metric System when the rest of the world uses that, and Metrics make a lot more sense.

Even the insurance industry realizes that the current system is unsustainable. That's why the usual suspects who killed Hillary Care said nothing about ObamaCare.

Republicans opposed their own plan because they didn't want Obama to get credit for it. Nothing more, nothing less. If by some horrid chance, Romney gets elected, most of ObamaCare will be retained. Mark my words. He'll get rid of the "individual Mandate" and call it something else.

So, no, this isn't a big issue to me.

Now, on to the bigger problem. How are we going to get Trillion dollar deficits under control by cutting revenues by 20%? It just won't work.

Supply side might have made sense when Reagan cut the top rate from 70% to 39%, but it makes less sense to cut from 39 to 35 and less to cut from 35 to 28. You just don't get a return on that.

(I don't want to really have a Supply Side debate here, because I think Supply Side is hoey, and Conservatives don't even really make that argument anymore.)

The only way that a 20% cut works is if you 1) Cut the shit out of medicare, medicaid and Social Security, which is going to screw the middle class. or 2) Cut big popular deductions like Tuition Tax Credit and Home MOrtgage Deductions, which will, again, really screw the middle class.

Now, being a pragmatist, I know we are going to have to cut some things. But we are also going to have to raise taxes on the wealthy as well.

Not that we are going to get that grown up conversation in the next two debates at all.

When Obama & Nancy passed Obamacare and she said..."we have to pass the health care bill so that you can find out what is in it" did you ever forgive them?

No, because I never considered that a big deal. I think ObamaCare was severely flawed in a lot of ways, and we will spend years tweaking it.

the dishonesty about ObamaCare is that Republicans used to support it when it was called "RomneyCare".

I realize, being Americans, we are never going to dive right into a single payer system, like the rest of the world has had for years. Just like we don't use the Metric System when the rest of the world uses that, and Metrics make a lot more sense.

Even the insurance industry realizes that the current system is unsustainable. That's why the usual suspects who killed Hillary Care said nothing about ObamaCare.

Republicans opposed their own plan because they didn't want Obama to get credit for it. Nothing more, nothing less. If by some horrid chance, Romney gets elected, most of ObamaCare will be retained. Mark my words. He'll get rid of the "individual Mandate" and call it something else.

Now, on to the bigger problem. How are we going to get Trillion dollar deficits under control by cutting revenues by 20%? It just won't work.

Supply side might have made sense when Reagan cut the top rate from 70% to 39%, but it makes less sense to cut from 39 to 35 and less to cut from 35 to 28. You just don't get a return on that.

(I don't want to really have a Supply Side debate here, because I think Supply Side is hoey, and Conservatives don't even really make that argument anymore.)

The only way that a 20% cut works is if you 1) Cut the shit out of medicare, medicaid and Social Security, which is going to screw the middle class. or 2) Cut big popular deductions like Tuition Tax Credit and Home MOrtgage Deductions, which will, again, really screw the middle class.

Now, being a pragmatist, I know we are going to have to cut some things. But we are also going to have to raise taxes on the wealthy as well.

Not that we are going to get that grown up conversation in the next two debates at all.

You may not believe this but I'm off to bed.. The shear length of your post tired me out..:lol:

:night:

Oh, come on, guys. Ryan got creamed. He's like the guy who tried to bullshit his way through a presentation, and got caught on the fact he didn't have his facts together when question.

He and Romney are going to reduce taxes by 20% without telling us how they plan to pay for them.

Raddatz and Biden just called shennanigangs on that, and it's bout time someone did.[/QUOTE]

Exactly , it must still sting. :cool:

Forgive what? Joe worships Nan and Barry for their brilliance. For that and now he gets FREE healthcare.

I get health care from my employer, which I work very hard to earn.

What doesn't happen is that after I worked for that health care, when I make a claim, they don't try to cheat me.

Again, this isn't an acedemic discussion for me. My last job, I had to get two very expensive procedure that my insurance company considered "elective". After a year of me and my doctors fighting with them (even though I paid more out of my own pocket to get the premium insurance plan), I got the operations. My health dramatically improved.

But oddly, despite a nearly pefect attendence record (other than the week after the operation, I had taken less than five sick days in six years) having seniority on most of the office staff, and sterling performance reviews, I was shunted into a dead end position and eventually eliminated.

So were three other employees who had health issues about the same time.

So, no, I don't worship Obama and Pelosi. I think ObamaCare has a lot of flaws.

But at least they tried to fix the problem.

Explain to me how Obama/Democrats haven't screwed over the middle class for generations to come. mmmkay

I'm thinking you should go to Romney's web site and read for yourself.

Learn | Mitt Romney for President

Explain to me how Obama/Democrats haven't screwed over the middle class for generations to come. mmmkay

]

Why? Frankly, I don't need to go to a website to know a Mormon is lying to me.

The middle class is screwed, but not because of ObamaCare... which probably really doesn't actually change that much.

]

The middle class is screwed, but not because of ObamaCare... which probably really doesn't actually change that much.

Why get it second, third or fourth hand with a spin... Mr Intolerance..?

and I can understand why you wouldn't answer my question, no problem..:D

]

Why get it second, third or fourth hand with a spin... Mr Intolerance..?

and I can understand why you wouldn't answer my question, no problem..:D

I did answer your question.

ObamaCare would probably be the best thing we could do to improve the system, short of actually going to single payer like every other country in the world has done.

The system is broken. Everyone realizes this.

Forum List

Back