VP Debate-If we learned nothing else....

VaYank5150

Gold Member
Aug 3, 2009
Virginia
Clear differences were clarified last night:

1) Romney/Ryan have NO concrete answers as to how their 20% tax rate cut will be paid for without increasing the defecit. Ryan floundered worse than Romney on this one.
2) Romney/Ryan want to keep military spending budgets where they are, if not increase them, while finding ways to cut MediCare and Social Security.
3) Romney/Ryan want to continue spending money we don't have and lives we don't want to lose on wars in Afghanistan, and possibly even starting new ones elsewhere in the Middle East.

1) Romney/Ryan have NO concrete answers as to how their 20% tax rate cut will be paid for without increasing the defecit. Ryan floundered worse than Romney on this one.
2) Romney/Ryan want to keep military spending budgets where they are, if not increase them, while finding ways to cut MediCare and Social Security.
3) Romney/Ryan want to continue spending money we don't have and lives we don't want to lose on wars in Afghanistan, and possibly even starting new ones elsewhere in the Middle East.

why is it just one sided? cant you be objective, or are you okay with how Biden acted? are you okay that Biden knows this administration lied? are you okay with those things?

Appartently you have had selective hearing over the last two debates.
Call me surprised. :rolleyes:

why is it just one sided? cant you be objective, or are you okay with how Biden acted? are you okay that Biden knows this administration lied? are you okay with those things?

It's not one sided? Biden obviously disagreed with Ryan's stance on these issues. I agree with Biden that after we PAID to train 315,000 Afghan troops, it is time to turn their country back over to them and bring our troops home. I have NO desire to start anymore wars in the ME, and besides we are broke and cannot afford to. And until Romney/Ryan prove to me they are not taking away my middle class tax deductions in order to pay for an "across the board" 20% tax cut, then I will stick with Obama/Biden.

Please point out what was false in my post.

It's not one sided? Biden obviously disagreed with Ryan's stance on these issues. I agree with Biden that after we PAID to train 315,000 Afghan troops, it is time to turn their country back over to them and bring our troops home. I have NO desire to start anymore wars in the ME, and besides we are broke and cannot afford to. And until Romney/Ryan prove to me they are not taking away my middle class tax deductions in order to pay for an "across the board" 20% tax cut, then I will stick with Obama/Biden.

this should clear it up for you why no one takes you serious or will talk with you.

That is a huge point that should hammered on again and again. Romney and Ryan keep dodging the question.

this should clear it up for you why no one takes you serious or will talk with you.

Why do you think this? Simply because I disagree with the Romney/Ryan "plan"?

We also learned that no matter how many times the cranky old man yelled "The Afghans will be in charge of their security" it does not change the fact the the US troops now face a greater threat from AQ and Tolly-baan infiltrated Afghan security forces than ever before.

Is Obama advertising for Afghan security on Al Jazeera and AlQaeda.com?

Last edited:
Both Romney and Ryan explained that by decreasing Tax Rates and increasing the tax base through economic growth will increase revenues. The fact that having this explained to you in two debates and multiple times on the message board shows you are either having a very difficult time with this concept or you are completely lying. Either way, the problem isnt with Romney nor Ryan, but with you.

Both Romney and Ryan explained that by decreasing Tax Rates and increasing the tax base through economic growth will increase revenues. The fact that having this explained to you in two debates and multiple times on the message board shows you are either having a very difficult time with this concept or you are completely lying. Either way, the problem isnt with Romney nor Ryan, but with you.

Their pipe dream is great and if it makes you feel better, good for you. Show me the math. Show me JUST HOW good the economy will have to be in order to pay for the 20% across the board tax rate cut. How long will it take to get the economy that good? Show us all the math with timelines. That is all we are asking for and have been for months now.

1. More jobs created will create more revenue.
2. They want to keep the military budget where it's at. They don't want to gut Medicare, but give a fully funded option to Medicare in a voucher, or the person can opt for Medicare Their choice. Unlike Obama who wants to gut 700+ billion from it to fund his pet healthcare. They want to raise the retirement age of SS by 2 years.
3. They are for the timetable in Afganistan, they just weren't for broadcasting to the world about it, naive on Barry's end. "possibly even starting new ones elsewhere in the Middle East."? The last thing that Romney and Ryan want to do is start a war....you're listening too many liberal pundants.

We have had decreased tax rates for the last 12 years. Where are the increased revenues? Where are the jobs? All I hear is some drivel about a 5 point plan that they will tell us about once they are elected.

We have had decreased tax rates for the last 12 years. Where are the increased revenues? Where are the jobs? All I hear is some drivel about a 5 point plan that they will tell us about once they are elected.

I think the spending and borrowing might have had a little to do with it......also, Obamacare is certainly in the mix. Remember 16+ trillion dollars in debt. :eusa_whistle:
Tax increases would not have and will not compensate the amount that is being spent by our politicians.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iu-P_lK-NeU]Steve Wynn - "Obama greatest wet-blanket on jobs and business in my lifetime" - YouTube[/ame]

Forget it. Dutch and the Progressives are too fucking brainwashed to even read what you wrote

2. They want to keep the military budget where it's at. They don't want to gut Medicare, but give a fully funded option to Medicare in a voucher, or the person can opt for Medicare Their choice. Unlike Obama who wants to gut 700+ billion from it to fund his pet healthcare. They want to raise the retirement age of SS by 2 years.
3. They are for the timetable in Afganistan, they just weren't for broadcasting to the world about it, naive on Barry's end. "possibly even starting new ones elsewhere in the Middle East."? The last thing that Romney and Ryan want to do is start a war....you're listening too many liberal pundants.

1. How much more revenue? They state they will create 12M new jobs over the next three years. Are those jobs going to cover the cost of a 20% across the board tax cut? Please show us the math.
2. I didn't say they wanted to gut MediCare, I said they wanted to cut it. They want to put in a voucher system to "supplement" the cost of healthcare. When both Romney AND Ryan use the word "supplement", how are you hearing "fully funded"?
3. What is their timetable? How about a ballpark? 100 years? Ryan stated last night that he thinks we should be doing everything in our power (including military action if necessary) to keep Iran from building a nuclear weapon and to go in and get "somebody, anybody" in Lybia...

Last edited:

1. How much more revenue? They state they will create 12M new jobs over the next three years. Are those jobs going to cover the cost of a 20% across the board tax cut? Please show us the math.
2. I didn't say they wanted to gut MediCare, I said they wanted to cut it. They want to put in a voucher system to "supplement" the cost of healthcare. When both Romney AND Ryan use the word "supplement", how are you hearing "fully funded"?
3. What is their timetable? How about a ballpark? 100 years? Ryan stated last night that he thinks we should be doing everything in our power (including military action if necessary) to keep Iran from building a nuclear weapon and to go in and get "somebody, anybody" in Lybia...

You asked the questions, I gave you the answers.
Bottom line is that they have a plan, something you messiah has no clue on.
Obama has been a miserable failure as president that he can't even run on his friggin record, he does not deserve another term. Obama couldn't even get a budget in 3+ years, that's how much of a failure he is.
If Romney wins and can't produce, get rid of him and try again to find the right person. Right now we don't have the right person leading this country.....that is so obvious.

You ask for the specifics of Romney, but you settle for the nonsense that we have right now. You are being quite disengenuouse with your faux outrage. If you weren't, you would be asking the tough questions to your messiah, and your not. Speaks volumes :eusa_whistle:

the saddest moment in the debate was when Ryan was directly asked a few key questions and he just avoided it.

He went with you have to read it after we pass it line, or have faith in us. His five point plan lacked any real meat to it.

You could tell in his closing argument that he didnt care about the dodge, just stay on point, and it sort of worked. He looked strong in that sense. As if he knew people would forget what happened not a half hour ago.

Sadly this is what our culture has become. 30 minutes ago is now 5 years ago.

This is what we now know....

397x291xBidenJoker-copy.jpg.pagespeed.ic.OJG4roJ12H.jpg

biden-handful-02.jpg

Forum List

Back