VP Biden says Gay Marriage is "Inevitable"

Of course it'll happen.

Thats what DADT was all about. It didn't have jack to do with gays who wanted to pick up a rifle.

It had to do with some gays who might enlist and take a desk job in the Navy or Air Force just to set up a lawsuit when the military won't recognize their SanFran or Iowa gay marriage when it comes to military benefits, thus making it a back door way to forcing federal recognition of gay marriage. Once the feds are forced to recognize it, it'll supercede the states, and whalla, we got gays getting muurrried!!!!

so what?

Well, it depends on one's opinion on the value of protecting the value of the nuclear family model in our society.

I personally think the more we weaken the value of that model, the more our society suffers.

We have a nuclear family...who are you to say that ours isn't as valuble?

Well, it depends on one's opinion on the value of protecting the value of the nuclear family model in our society.

I personally think the more we weaken the value of that model, the more our society suffers.

so you'd be in favor of outlawing divorce?

I don't know honestly. The whole gay marriage thing is still a toss up to me. I'm a right winger, yes. But I'm also a less government guy. So if a private church wants to marry two homos, who is the gov't to stop them?

However, I believe the bedrock of our society is the nuclear family, and weakening that is bad. Whether that be from alternative marriages (gay, polygamy, etc, etc) or just from fatherless homes b/c we have too many women getting knocked up by street scum who end up in jail, they're all bad.

None of that will ever be stopped. I just hope the nuclear family can remain the norm, not the exception.

So gay marriage is something I personally wish would never occur, but, also am uncomfortable saying the gov't should ban it.

I suppose if I had to take a stance, I'd say make it 100% a state decision. If 99% of the folks in Georgia don't want it, and 99% of the folks in California do, well, then in GA it'll be illegal, in CA it'll be legal. That way each person can decide what atmosphere best fits their ideal lifestyle. I'd pick the state that doesn't allow it, or better put: The state that still hasn't legalized it simply b/c very few residents demand it.

But going the federal route is gonna force states that don't want it to accept it. Never works out well.

Oh, and I believe the marijuana thing should be a state thing also, for the record. I'd also pick the state that bans it though.

In a perfect world your suggestion would work. However, as marriage is a religious ceremony, it is also state sanctioned. And because of the "full faith and credit" clause in the US Constitution a marriage in one state MUST be recognized as legal in the other 49 states. Same as your driver's license. Imagine the ruckus created if we had to obtain a driver's license for each state in which we operate a motor vehicle?..What a mess.
I am opposed to the union of two people of the same gender being termed "marriage" . Marriage is defined as a union between one man and one woman. That's that.
If gay people wish to be coupled for the purpose of sharing benefits or calling themselves a family, fine. Call it a Civil Union or some such. But don't call it marriage. Because it isn't.
This whole thing would come to a grinding halt if this half witted lib nonsense of believing anything goes would just get buried under the Earth's mantle and we get back to the basics of why people get married in the first place. That is , to start a family, BIRTH and raise children in a stable nuclear family setting.
I am not naive. I realize a return to traditional values in the eyes of some is absolute torture. It is what it is. So let them have Civil Unions.
In fact I support the rights of all. Let us turn to exactly what the Founders believed and signed their names to...."...that all men are created equal"...Leave it at that. With the emphasis on EQUAL...In other words....if we are to be equal....no one is special.

@therisnospoon

"Biden is the kooky uncle that no one can keep from making a spectacle of himself."

Uh, no. That would be your hero John McCaine. Slightly off-topic, though it's appropriate enough:

"Saturday's debate on the repeal of the "don't ask, don't tell" policy was only half an hour old when the Arizona Republican burst onto the floor from the cloakroom, hiked up his pants and stalked over to his friend Joe Lieberman (I-Conn.) and Senate Majority Whip Dick Durbin (D-Ill.). Ignoring Sen. Jim Inhofe (R-Okla.), who had the floor, McCain hectored the men noisily for a few moments, waving his arms for emphasis.

When McCain finally stormed off, Durbin shook his head in exasperation and Lieberman smiled. A minute later, McCain returned - he had apparently remembered another element of his grievance - and resumed his harangue."

John McCaine has a serious mental problem. That's my opinion. He still cannot fathom how a soldier could actually be both gay and patriotic at the same time. It's beyond his limited comprehension.

No disrepect to what the man has gone thru...but did you know that the military, after the POWs came home, NEVER gave any of them tactical positions of authority? That is because they were not quite sure how right in the head any of them were after their experience. I worked for a few short weeks directly for one of the greatest of them...Adm Stockdale. Even he was only given the Naval War College.

Homosexuals are a friggen .05 % of our population..
why should THEY be given more special rights, than the other.995% than us.?

Would you care to be more specific?
Having the perception of a nuclear family is not the same as actually BEING a nuclear family. One man, one woman with children of their creation or if they choose, adoption.
This is the definition of a nuclear family.
Not a nuclear family...4 kids being raised by their eldest sister or brother. Children in the home of grandparents, aunts/uncles or godparents.....Children raised by two adults of the same gender.....This is not meant as a slight or insult......It is simply the explanation of how a nuclear family is defined and accepted in contemporary community standards.
There is no "value" tied to this. There is no "less".

@therisnospoon

"Biden is the kooky uncle that no one can keep from making a spectacle of himself."

Uh, no. That would be your hero John McCaine. Slightly off-topic, though it's appropriate enough:

"Saturday's debate on the repeal of the "don't ask, don't tell" policy was only half an hour old when the Arizona Republican burst onto the floor from the cloakroom, hiked up his pants and stalked over to his friend Joe Lieberman (I-Conn.) and Senate Majority Whip Dick Durbin (D-Ill.). Ignoring Sen. Jim Inhofe (R-Okla.), who had the floor, McCain hectored the men noisily for a few moments, waving his arms for emphasis.

When McCain finally stormed off, Durbin shook his head in exasperation and Lieberman smiled. A minute later, McCain returned - he had apparently remembered another element of his grievance - and resumed his harangue."

John McCaine has a serious mental problem. That's my opinion. He still cannot fathom how a soldier could actually be both gay and patriotic at the same time. It's beyond his limited comprehension.

Mc Cain? Who the hell is talking about McCain. The subject matter is VP Joe Biden. Stay on point. Why is it when you libs run out of gas, you invariably throw another name or idea into the ring as an offset to a weak argument?
Now, about VP Biden? And ONLY Biden.....

what about the other 98.55%?

:eusa_whistle:

-Facepalm-

Sweetie, when you count bi people, and the closeted too, we're @ LEAST 25% of the population.

Get a clue please.

Of course it'll happen.

Thats what DADT was all about. It didn't have jack to do with gays who wanted to pick up a rifle.

It had to do with some gays who might enlist and take a desk job in the Navy or Air Force just to set up a lawsuit when the military won't recognize their SanFran or Iowa gay marriage when it comes to military benefits, thus making it a back door way to forcing federal recognition of gay marriage. Once the feds are forced to recognize it, it'll supercede the states, and whalla, we got gays getting muurrried!!!!

Thats exactly what will happen..

as it should

Our form of government was established to protect the rights of that .05% from the .995%

"Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on whats for supper"

Biden says gay marriage 'inevitable' | World news | guardian.co.uk

AP foreign, Friday December 24 2010
WASHINGTON (AP) — Vice President Joe Biden said Friday that the country is evolving on the issue of gay marriage and he thinks it's inevitable there will be national consensus.

He said on ABC's "Good Morning America" the same thing is happening with the issue of marriage that happened with gays' service in the military.

Changes in attitudes by military leaders, those in the service and the public allowed the repeal by Congress of the "don't ask, don't tell" policy that will eventually allow gays to serve openly in the military.

Biden said there is "an inevitability for a national consensus on gay marriage."

"I think the country's evolving," he said. "And I think you're going to see, you know, the next effort is probably going to be to deal with so-called DOMA (Defense of Marriage Act). He said he agreed with Obama that his position in gay marriage is "evolving." <more>

First it's forbidden. Then it's permitted. Finally it's mandatory.

-Facepalm-

Sweetie, when you count bi people, and the closeted too, we're @ LEAST 25% of the population.

Get a clue please.

That is complete wishful thinking on the part of the fag community. Even the 10% figure comes from Kinsey, and it has been proven dead wrong.

I have no dog in this fight but it does give me great plasure in watching the self-righteous, sanctimonious, moralistic right-wing assholes get their panties all tied up in knots over it.

Carry on losers, you're a great source of entertainment!

Forum List

Back