VP Biden says Gay Marriage is "Inevitable"

And yet Biden recognizes the changing tide in Americans view towards homosexuals

Republicans are still clueless
Hmm I wonder what criteria it is by which Uncle Joe uses measure the tide.
Look, Biden sits in the VP's residence waiting for Obama to send him out into public where Biden can do the least amount of damage. The only "pulse" Biden has his finger on is his own.
Biden is an aloof elitist liberal who no longer has a political career.

Biden has a more distinguished political carreer than any current Republican

Want to give me a name and his/her credentials??

regardless of one's view on marriage equality, biden remains one of america's leading fuckwits.

Hmm I wonder what criteria it is by which Uncle Joe uses measure the tide.
Look, Biden sits in the VP's residence waiting for Obama to send him out into public where Biden can do the least amount of damage. The only "pulse" Biden has his finger on is his own.
Biden is an aloof elitist liberal who no longer has a political career.

regardless of one's view on marriage equality, biden remains one of america's leading fuckwits.

Can you name a current Republican with a better political resume than Joe Biden?

Can you name a current Republican with a better political resume than Joe Biden?

you seem to think i care what color jersey he wears.

i don't. sorry.

feel free to claim a resounding victory, though. :thup:

Biden says gay marriage 'inevitable' | World news | guardian.co.uk

AP foreign, Friday December 24 2010
WASHINGTON (AP) — Vice President Joe Biden said Friday that the country is evolving on the issue of gay marriage and he thinks it's inevitable there will be national consensus.

He said on ABC's "Good Morning America" the same thing is happening with the issue of marriage that happened with gays' service in the military.

Changes in attitudes by military leaders, those in the service and the public allowed the repeal by Congress of the "don't ask, don't tell" policy that will eventually allow gays to serve openly in the military.

Biden said there is "an inevitability for a national consensus on gay marriage."

"I think the country's evolving," he said. "And I think you're going to see, you know, the next effort is probably going to be to deal with so-called DOMA (Defense of Marriage Act). He said he agreed with Obama that his position in gay marriage is "evolving." <more>

I thought Biden was already married???

That's what this cop thought, also

:lol:

Joe-Biden-wandering-hand.jpg

Of course it'll happen.

Thats what DADT was all about. It didn't have jack to do with gays who wanted to pick up a rifle.

It had to do with some gays who might enlist and take a desk job in the Navy or Air Force just to set up a lawsuit when the military won't recognize their SanFran or Iowa gay marriage when it comes to military benefits, thus making it a back door way to forcing federal recognition of gay marriage. Once the feds are forced to recognize it, it'll supercede the states, and whalla, we got gays getting muurrried!!!!

Of course it'll happen.

Thats what DADT was all about. It didn't have jack to do with gays who wanted to pick up a rifle.

It had to do with some gays who might enlist and take a desk job in the Navy or Air Force just to set up a lawsuit when the military won't recognize their SanFran or Iowa gay marriage when it comes to military benefits, thus making it a back door way to forcing federal recognition of gay marriage. Once the feds are forced to recognize it, it'll supercede the states, and whalla, we got gays getting muurrried!!!!

so what?

That's what this cop thought, also

:lol:

Joe-Biden-wandering-hand.jpg

Talk about a picture being worth a 1,000 words. Biden talking about gay marriage and that pic, w/ the cops reaction.

Just guessing..........but that cop doesn't look like he would be much of a progressive rights supporter.

Of course it'll happen.

so what?

Well, it depends on one's opinion on the value of protecting the value of the nuclear family model in our society.

I personally think the more we weaken the value of that model, the more our society suffers.

Of course it'll happen.

Wow, you have it all figured out.

Of course it'll happen.

so what?

Well, it depends on one's opinion on the value of protecting the value of the nuclear family model in our society.

I personally think the more we weaken the value of that model, the more our society suffers.

so you'd be in favor of outlawing divorce?

so you'd be in favor of outlawing divorce?

I don't know honestly. The whole gay marriage thing is still a toss up to me. I'm a right winger, yes. But I'm also a less government guy. So if a private church wants to marry two homos, who is the gov't to stop them?

However, I believe the bedrock of our society is the nuclear family, and weakening that is bad. Whether that be from alternative marriages (gay, polygamy, etc, etc) or just from fatherless homes b/c we have too many women getting knocked up by street scum who end up in jail, they're all bad.

None of that will ever be stopped. I just hope the nuclear family can remain the norm, not the exception.

So gay marriage is something I personally wish would never occur, but, also am uncomfortable saying the gov't should ban it.

I suppose if I had to take a stance, I'd say make it 100% a state decision. If 99% of the folks in Georgia don't want it, and 99% of the folks in California do, well, then in GA it'll be illegal, in CA it'll be legal. That way each person can decide what atmosphere best fits their ideal lifestyle. I'd pick the state that doesn't allow it, or better put: The state that still hasn't legalized it simply b/c very few residents demand it.

But going the federal route is gonna force states that don't want it to accept it. Never works out well.

Oh, and I believe the marijuana thing should be a state thing also, for the record. I'd also pick the state that bans it though.

• Thanks
Reactions: del
Of course it'll happen.

so what?

That model has been falling apart for decades. What people do in the privacy of their own homes has zero effect on you or the "morals" of the country.

That model has been falling apart for decades. What people do in the privacy of their own homes has zero effect on you or the "morals" of the country.

Yes, and along with that model falling apart, so have our morals.

What people do is not what affects it. It's the perception of the next generation of what our "norms" are that affects it, and what it is percieved that people do in their homes affects what the next generation accepts as norms. There was a time when it wasn't a social "norm" in America for a woman to have had 5 sexual partners before she's turned 25 years old. Now, it's the norm for a woman to have that many in only her college years. Thats a small example. But the perception of the Sex and the City lifestyle as being normal by our young women allows them to behave immorally a lot more freely without feeling guilty. Thus, the crumbling of our norms. Homosexuality is not the lone contributor, but it is one along with gay marriage.

There was also a time when oral sex was percieved by young women as taboo, and at least something to be saved for the husband. Now, it's not even considered sex. Crumbling morals.

But of course, "morals" are interpreted different. Some think global warming activism is more moral than religious teachings, so it's in the beholder.

Just to add.

A father figure, mother figure, and nuclear family structure all have a purpose.

Without those elements, the child's upbringing suffers from voids that aren't there. We see that in the ghettos without father figures to discipline children. Only the gov't is left to raise them, and we know that fails.

Yes, and along with that model falling apart, so have our morals.

What people do is not what affects it. It's the perception of the next generation of what our "norms" are that affects it, and what it is percieved that people do in their homes affects what the next generation accepts as norms. There was a time when it wasn't a social "norm" in America for a woman to have had 5 sexual partners before she's turned 25 years old. Now, it's the norm for a woman to have that many in only her college years. Thats a small example. But the perception of the Sex and the City lifestyle as being normal by our young women allows them to behave immorally a lot more freely without feeling guilty. Thus, the crumbling of our norms. Homosexuality is not the lone contributor, but it is one along with gay marriage.

There was also a time when oral sex was percieved by young women as taboo, and at least something to be saved for the husband. Now, it's not even considered sex. Crumbling morals.

But of course, "morals" are interpreted different. Some think global warming activism is more moral than religious teachings, so it's in the beholder.

Everything you say is true and yet the laws have been on the books for decades or hundreds of years and yet the inexorable decline continues. Face it people live like they wish and this country was founded on the principle that all the people are guaranteed the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Last time I checked the pursuit of happiness includes marrying who you wish to.

• Thanks
Reactions: del
@therisnospoon

"Biden is the kooky uncle that no one can keep from making a spectacle of himself."

Uh, no. That would be your hero John McCaine. Slightly off-topic, though it's appropriate enough:

"Saturday's debate on the repeal of the "don't ask, don't tell" policy was only half an hour old when the Arizona Republican burst onto the floor from the cloakroom, hiked up his pants and stalked over to his friend Joe Lieberman (I-Conn.) and Senate Majority Whip Dick Durbin (D-Ill.). Ignoring Sen. Jim Inhofe (R-Okla.), who had the floor, McCain hectored the men noisily for a few moments, waving his arms for emphasis.

When McCain finally stormed off, Durbin shook his head in exasperation and Lieberman smiled. A minute later, McCain returned - he had apparently remembered another element of his grievance - and resumed his harangue."

John McCaine has a serious mental problem. That's my opinion. He still cannot fathom how a soldier could actually be both gay and patriotic at the same time. It's beyond his limited comprehension.

Resume'? Who cares. We are discussing Biden's current value.....Zero....
In politics, questions one through 100 are all the same...."what have you done for the country in the last 30 minutes?"

Forum List

Back