VOX: "Obamacare’s individual mandate is unpopular. But it’s crucial to making Obamacare work"

/----/ What does that have to do with anything? I said before politicians turned health insurance into a political football it was reasonably priced and easy to get. If your employer didn't provide it you could buy it yourself. You are old enough to know better but you;re stuck on Obozocare and all it's empty promises.

I'm sorry, when was this magically time where you could buy your own insurance and it didn't cost anything?

The thing is, I would be all for getting rid of employer plans and have everyone negotiate individually.

The system would collapse in a year. The young wouldn't bother and the old couldn't afford it.

/----/ OK Now you're falling back on Straw Man arguments to defend your position. I never said it was free. I said it was "reasonably priced and easy to get" and you twist that into something I did not say. Now run along and play with your little friends.
View attachment 164169

I paid 80 cents for a prescription the other day. Without insurance it would have been $10.00.

Those nasty pharma companies !!!!

They are getting rich off me.
/——-/ My friend paid $1,200 a month for his cancer meds at a big box Rx. He checked Costco where it’s about $30 a month. Those nasty pharmaceutical companies.

...And now CVS and Aetna have reached an agreement for CVS to purchase them. How's that going to work, drive prices down or up?
/——/ I believe it will drive prices down by offering competition. CVS buying an insurance company is not like CVS buying Walgreens. Different marketplace.

I'm sorry, when was this magically time where you could buy your own insurance and it didn't cost anything?

The thing is, I would be all for getting rid of employer plans and have everyone negotiate individually.

The system would collapse in a year. The young wouldn't bother and the old couldn't afford it.

/----/ OK Now you're falling back on Straw Man arguments to defend your position. I never said it was free. I said it was "reasonably priced and easy to get" and you twist that into something I did not say. Now run along and play with your little friends.
View attachment 164169

I paid 80 cents for a prescription the other day. Without insurance it would have been $10.00.

/——-/ My friend paid $1,200 a month for his cancer meds at a big box Rx. He checked Costco where it’s about $30 a month. Those nasty pharmaceutical companies.

...And now CVS and Aetna have reached an agreement for CVS to purchase them. How's that going to work, drive prices down or up?
/——/ I believe it will drive prices down by offering competition. CVS buying an insurance company is not like CVS buying Walgreens. Different marketplace.

It's a pretty clear conflict of interests. It's like letting athletes gamble on games they're playing in. I would be wary of such an arrangement, and probably avoid doing business with either company. But I could be wrong, and if they're able to make it work, more power to them.

Last edited:

View attachment 164169

But it's not like it's a new insurance company, Aetna been around a long time.

View attachment 164169

It's a pretty clear conflict of interests. It's like letting athletes gamble on games they're playing in. I would be wary of such an arrangement, and probably avoid doing business with either company. But I could be wrong, and if they're able to make it work, more power to them.

If it goes through I imagine it may drive down pharmacy prices if you purchase them from CVS but will not do a thing about the cost of their health insurance. At 69 Billion they're in it to make a profit and gain every penney back they spent.

You bet. When they live in mortal fear you'll give their job to someone else, they will make damned sure that they keep you happy.

You really are making me laugh at the idea you believe this to be true.

Seriously, you think they live in mortal fear of us ?

Holding my side it hurts so much.

Forum List

Back