Voting for their own interests.

SavannahMann

Platinum Member
Nov 16, 2016
One popular refrain from the left is that the people who vote Republican are voting against their own interests. The problem with that statement, besides the arrogance, is that the voters themselves decide what is in their own interests.

The Unions are one example. Part of what made the Democratic Party powerful is the unions. Now, the Unions are shoved aside, and yet the Democrats insist that they get the support anyway. The relationship in the past was that the Unions supported the Democrats, and the Democrats supported the unions. Now, that is a one way street. The unions had better support the Democrats, or else.

Union Leaders Rethink Their Approach In PA

The times, they are a changing. Now, the traditional leftists who are ignorant of what is going on will shout that the Unions are screwing themselves by supporting a plutocracy, and if they don't know what that word means, which is possible, will say that the poor are trying to make the rich, richer.

But finally someone is listening to the Union members, instead of telling them what they are supposed to think, and say.

Pennsylvania AFL-CIO President Rick Bloomingdale recently wrapped up what he calls a "listening tour" around the commonwealth. He said in his discussions with current and former members, he often hears that they feel alienated by the left, and by unions themselves.

"I think we were speaking too much at them, rather than having conversations with them," he said.

Bloomingdale also suggested that it could be time to completely rethink unions' close ties with the left.

The unions are asking an old question. One immortilizaed by Janet Jackson. What have you don't for me lately? Yeah, Democrats did some good for the Unions in the past, but once we move into the later parts of the 20th Century, we see the devastation of the Unions largely due to NAFTA, and we see the Democrats supporting free trade deals with everyone in the world, the Unions are starting to figure out their friends, ain't so friendly.

I'm not going to hold my breath and wait for the Unions to endorse a Republican. But this is a definiate warning shot for Democrats. Your friends expect you to help them when they help you.

Some people vote for the country. Leftists vote for themselves / free stuff taken from other people. They have no problem with it what so ever, so of course they would think that.

I never voted for so called free stuff but I do put self first in many respects.....the country Wil live on no matter how I vote so I don't consider that aspect all that much. nor do other voters.

D-Chuck Schumer openly declared the Democratic party was 100% committed to Obstruction Politics for their own interests. Yeah, that should help that 1,000+ losing streak. :p

I never voted for so called free stuff but I do put self first in many respects.....the country Wil live on no matter how I vote so I don't consider that aspect all that much. nor do other voters.

Thank you for admitting as much. If you want to know how civilization ending mistakes are made, you need to look no further than yourself.

Forum List

Back