Voters Reject Conservative Backed Measures

No it's not.

Ohio- The union nutjobs are far more motivated than the avg joe in Ohio who doesn't have a dog in that fight. Turnout was destined to be for the unions.

Miss- Despite popular belief, the rabid Pro-Life crowd is a minority in the right. A lot of us, including myself, are pro choice, or, just not that motivated to vote on something that is as unconsequential as that law would have been.

So the majority of Republicans are "rabid"? Finally, something I can agree with.

080522Abortion4_mkf09qjd.gif

The GOP should wise up and see that extremes of the Tea Party are not working.

Since what the Tea Party wants more than anything else is smaller Government and some fiscal sanity in the amount of deficit we're running up...neither of which we've even TRIED it's hard to characterize their views as not working.

What the tea party wants is a break up of America. That's not going to happen.

You will get the break up if you continue with the progressive agenda. Freedom loving Americans will not be subjects sorry, but they won't.

The GOP should wise up and see that extremes of the Tea Party are not working.

So wanting to remain a Constitutional Republic is extreme? Wanting Rule of law is extreme? Wanting individual rights protected is extreme? What you are suggesting is extreme, but not what the Tea Party wants is extreme it's the norm..

The Tea Party want none of that. Heck..they don't even really know the Constitution.

That is a lie and you know it is. So why do you push it?

Since what the Tea Party wants more than anything else is smaller Government and some fiscal sanity in the amount of deficit we're running up...neither of which we've even TRIED it's hard to characterize their views as not working.

You will get the break up if you continue with the progressive agenda. Freedom loving Americans will not be subjects sorry, but they won't.

For the most part of this country's history..we've had a "progressive" agenda. It's done nothing but grow.

And despite the Tea Party movement..which is wildly regressive..it will continue to grow.

What I find amusing is that the liberals on this board are so fixated on getting Obama reelected that none of them have given much thought to what will happen if he is.

Seriously, folks...Barack Obama has run out of ideas to fix the economy. That's quite evident with his "Jobs Bill" which is nothing more than a watered down version of his first stimulus. So what are we going to do for the next four years if this guy is reelected? We don't have the cash to do "stimulus 3, 4, 5 & 6" because our credit rating will be the same as Greece if we keep going down that road. His "green jobs initiatives" aren't doing anything. Housing is still a complete mess. Obamacare didn't do anything to lower healthcare costs and a major part of how you pay for it appears about to be ruled unconstitutional. We've got an Attorney General that is either incompetent or criminally liable. The situation with Israel and Iran worsens seemingly by the day and Obama has strained relations with Tel Aviv to a breaking point. The only people who dislike Obama more than the Israelis at this point are Republicans in the House who Obama is blaming for not doing anything while Harry Reid sits on everything they HAVE done, not allowing votes on legislation in the Senate. You think any of them are going to work with Obama going forward after being used as scapegoats for two years of the "Get Barry Reelected At All Costs" campaign?

Obama made a mistake with the Stimulus..which did work well I might add. It included the conservative numbers in terms of spending. And it included tax cuts...which had zero stimulative effect. That..and not letting the Bush tax cuts, sunset.

The rest of this is untrue. No real need to go point by point. Obama is wildly popular in Israel..and Ed Koch just endorsed him in New York. It's Netanyahu who is causing the trouble with his uber-right stick in the mud stance, and overly miilitant aggression in the region.

You guys are stuck with putting up Romney..who in terms of "core values" makes Kerry look like a stanch conservative. :lol:

Anything to get elected, indeed!

If the Stimulus worked so well, Sallow then why did unemployment numbers go way up and then not come down? If it worked so well then why are we having to do it AGAIN? Quite obviously, propping up government jobs while allowing private sector jobs to be lost DIDN'T work. But you're going to parrot the progressive party line and say we needed to spend MORE money to make it all work...even though our credit rating got downgraded for the first time in our history because of our fiscal policies.

So wanting to remain a Constitutional Republic is extreme? Wanting Rule of law is extreme? Wanting individual rights protected is extreme? What you are suggesting is extreme, but not what the Tea Party wants is extreme it's the norm..

The Tea Party want none of that. Heck..they don't even really know the Constitution.

Lie? Rush Limbaugh cited the DOI as the US Constitution at CPAC. I am constantly hearing from the "Tea Party" how the Constitution is part and parcel with religious doctrine. They aren't even aware of the Supremacy clause. They misread the second amendment and heck, they want to change many other clauses like citizenship being granted to people born here and the popular vote for Senators. I haven't heard many Tea Party folks rail against the Patriot Act, which allows for domestic spying without warrants. And the attack on women's reproductive rights are as intrusive into indivdual rights as you can get.

It's no lie.

For the most part of this country's history..we've had a "progressive" agenda. It's done nothing but grow.

And despite the Tea Party movement..which is wildly regressive..it will continue to grow.

Protecting individual rights is not regressive, forcing people to become part of the collective is in itself regressive and that is part of the progressive agenda.

Lie? Rush Limbaugh cited the DOI as the US Constitution at CPAC. I am constantly hearing from the "Tea Party" how the Constitution is part and parcel with religious doctrine. They aren't even aware of the Supremacy clause. They misread the second amendment and heck, they want to change many other clauses like citizenship being granted to people born here and the popular vote for Senators. I haven't heard many Tea Party folks rail against the Patriot Act, which allows for domestic spying without warrants. And the attack on women's reproductive rights are as intrusive into indivdual rights as you can get.

It's no lie.
They aren't even aware of the Supremacy clause.They misread the second amendment and heck,
Here's the tell tell that you don't know anything about the Constitution. Do you really want to go toe to toe about the second amendment with me? I warn you I will make you look foolish.

I haven't heard many Tea Party folks rail against the Patriot Act
I have

And the attack on women's reproductive rights are as intrusive into indivdual rights as you can get.
Women have a right to their reproductive system until another life is introduced in that system then that individuals rights must be protected. That's how it works.

It's no lie.

Reproductive rights are noted in the US Constitution? Since when did the slaughter of an unborn child become an issue of a right? Privacy and Due Process under the 14th amendment, " nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law." WTF does that have to do with abortion?

Voters turned a skeptical eye toward conservative-backed measures across the country Tuesday, rejecting an anti-labor law in Ohio, an anti-abortion measure in Mississippi and a crackdown on voting rights in Maine.

The pendulum just might be swinging back to the left.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/09/u...ion-could-serve-as-a-political-barometer.html

Republicans over-reached after the mid-terms. They went too far in trying to push their radical agendas and the people fought back.

Scott Wanker in Wisconsin...you're next! Recall!

Voters turned a skeptical eye toward conservative-backed measures across the country Tuesday, rejecting an anti-labor law in Ohio, an anti-abortion measure in Mississippi and a crackdown on voting rights in Maine.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/09/u...ion-could-serve-as-a-political-barometer.html

You didnt cover all the issues.

My state against strong opposition. Democrats taken out of the liquor business.

Against strong dem opposition. The legislature must cast the votes for toll roads, no hiding :lol:

Jobs jobs jobs!! Pub hypocrisy just got so obvious only Fox drones don't know it. A solid majority now believes Pubs are stalling the economy to beat Obama, 60% support OWS, ASSUME THE POSITION, A-holes. Fox drones, hoping for your recovery- change the channel...

Jobs jobs jobs!! Pub hypocrisy just got so obvious only Fox drones don't know it. A solid majority now believes Pubs are stalling the economy to beat Obama, 60% support OWS, ASSUME THE POSITION, A-holes. Fox drones, hoping for your recovery- change the channel...

Then post up mr tingle up your leg.

No it's not.

Ohio- The union nutjobs are far more motivated than the avg joe in Ohio who doesn't have a dog in that fight. Turnout was destined to be for the unions.

Miss- Despite popular belief, the rabid Pro-Life crowd is a minority in the right. A lot of us, including myself, are pro choice, or, just not that motivated to vote on something that is as unconsequential as that law would have been.

Union nutjobs are what gave US citizens a minimum wage, benefits, pensions, a 40 hour work week, overtime, work safety and a plethora of other things that make the labor experience, workable. Conservatives are working tooth and nail to reverse all that. It's reached a tipping point. Although this is a "what took you moment", it's welcome, because, finally..it seems that people understand what's going on.

And the "rabid pro-life" movement seems very much alive and well in the halls of conservatism. The 2010 freshman, in addition to putting up legislation to cut taxes and regulations, have been sending bill after bill to go after women's reproductive rights.

Last night was a fine victory for Democrats and Liberals in general.
This election shows very clearly that voters are rejecting conservative issues just as we saw in poles when conservatives tried to dump Medicare and privatize Social Security. Any candidate can be elected with the right media campaign, but issues are a different matter.

You're the one with STUPID written all over your face. Mississippi's electorate is 80% pro-life.. Now what?????
Supporters Of 'Personhood Amendment' Make Case To Mississippi Voters | Fox News

The 80% was made by Mason-the president of Planned Parenthood, not exactly somebody who's unbiased now it is?

And if there are 80% that are pro-life, boy they sure did a great job on election day! :eusa_whistle:

Actions speak louder than words.
Keep lying.. Every news channel and source has reported why the measure failed and it has NOTHING to do with Mississippi being pro-death... that's not only a BIG FAT LIE, it's a stupid fucking lie but do continue. Planned Parenthood would cook pro-life numbers to the conservative's advantage??? ROFLMAO You're an idiot. It wasn't Planned Parenthood, it was PLANNED PERSONHOOD, a PRO-LIFE lobby.. try to actually read something you intend to debate.

There's the cognitive dissonance I was looking for! :clap2: The measure didn't go through-get over it.

Oh and your whole "lies" argument-you know where the only point you make is by calling others "liars", is equivalent to children say "nu-uh!" constantly, or "I know you are but what am I". In other words-it's childish, and is the reason why nobody takes you seriously.

voters really don't seem to be interested in the religious right's agenda. now maybe if repubs started actually doing things we need and stopped worrying about being the party of jesus......

It looks like extreme issues are going down everywhere.

Think they'll learn anything from it? :doubt:

nope. not a thing.

Can you name one republican who had a campaign platform that was built on jobs if they were elected? As a matter of fact why didn't the democrats do something other than waste money under the guise of stimulus for the economy? If that was the best the democrats can do then America has went down the shit hole.

Protecting individual rights is not regressive, forcing people to become part of the collective is in itself regressive and that is part of the progressive agenda.

ummm, honey, bills that could prevent people from using contraception do not protect individual rights.

having to buy insurance?
unconstitutional??? (despite all case law to the contrary)
interfering in my right to decide if i use contraception or, if said contraception fails, to decide that i do not want to carry a child??
constitutional?? (despite all case law to the contrary).

the tea party seems to want to return us to the status quo ante... what existed during the 1950's. that's reactionary.

it sure isn't visionary.

voters really don't seem to be interested in the religious right's agenda. now maybe if repubs started actually doing things we need and stopped worrying about being the party of jesus......

It looks like extreme issues are going down everywhere.

Think they'll learn anything from it? :doubt:

Have they ever?

ummm, honey, bills that could prevent people from using contraception do not protect individual rights.

having to buy insurance?
unconstitutional??? (despite all case law to the contrary)
interfering in my right to decide if i use contraception or, if said contraception fails, to decide that i do not want to carry a child??
constitutional?? (despite all case law to the contrary).

the tea party seems to want to return us to the status quo ante... what existed during the 1950's. that's reactionary.

it sure isn't visionary.

Dear when one life creates another life then the created life has rights to live. Your right to your reproductive system is your's until you introduce new life into that system.

Forum List

Back