Voters now trust Republicans more than Democrats on all 10 of the important issues

As a whole ,I trust neither Party on much of anything although there are a tiny few politicians that I like and support.

I hope the GOP wins this Fall;if the right kind win; and enough to turn Obama into a lame duck but I gotta say, I really don't care to ever see them have total control again until the neo/social ideology is eradicated.

What scares the ever loving shit out of me, John, is that the country has buried itself in a political cycle from hell where each party will switch off taking full control of the government every couple of elections. If that's the case we are really effed.

So true bro, so true an the Party Sheep still don't "get it", it's a wake up call when 1)70% of the population that can, don't even bother to vote and 2) a man that was a mere STATE SENATOR 60 months ago is now President thanks to the total imcompetence of Bush and the GOP, I'd soon have his liberal ass in there as to EVER see another Bible thumping neo con in there again!

What is the dem and republican approval ratings in congress?

Shouldn't this read distrust less more than trust more?

Yep.

The Dems came to power because the Reps screwed the pooch.

The Reps will come to power again becaause the Dems are now screwing that same pooch.

If it wasn't so pitiful it would be a hoot. Jeeze.

Very true Nov is coming - Illinois might not be so blue after November. It could be Red. With the majority of important position turning red and majority of House Reps turning red!

Governor: Quinn latest fuck up in firing the Inspector General is the nail in the coffin. Brady is up a ton in every Poll. Republican Victory Guaranteed!

Senate (Obama's Seat): Kirk v Giannoulias. Kirk took some hits, but not as many and Giannoulias. Kirk is ahead in the polls and moving higher. Republican victory.

Cook County Board President: This is one of the most important roles in local IL politics. Stroger the Democratic incumbent was dead last in the primaries. People are absolutely sick and tired of having the highest sales tax in the country. They are sick and tired of rising property taxes when home values are sinking. The local news said it doesn't matter that Keats is a very strong candidate, the Republicans are a foresure winner this year thanks to the worst CCBP in IL history - Stroger!

Comptroller: Open seat, another incumbent lost in the primaries. Topinka (R) has a good reputation in IL and a foresure winner for the Republicans.

Treasurer: Giannoulias old position. Giannoulians poor management has killed any chance for the D's to hold onto this seat, with the Senate seat press, everything is coming to light, including the largest State deficit per capitia of any state! Interesting Giannoulias might lose two important politician jobs in a blue state.

Attorney General: Lisa Madigan will probably win, but she is clouted in the Blago Politics scandal and Steve Kim is a fresh smart face that will get a strong backing from the large Asian American community in Chictown!

House of Reps: 19 districts (12 D & 7 R) - All 7 Rs are safe (even Kirks old seat, but even if Sealy wins, which I hope he does, he is a very conservative Democrat), but not all the D seats are safe.
D17 is forsure turning red in the more conservative Southern IL. Not to mention Schilling is an ex factory worker in Catepillarland/
D14 is a conservative rural working class district which is losing manufacturing jobs and not happy. Should be an incumbent lose.
D12 Ditto for this district in conservative Southern IL, with shrewd businesswoman Neuman running.

Right there that would be a 10-9 leaning towards Republicans and who knows what the Chicago area districts of 1-11 might do! Chicago seems angry as anyone. Bean in my district sure as hell changed her message from attacking the opponent last time on just social issues like abortions, to now trying to concentrate on some conservative issues: immigration (No to Amnesty, finishing the fence and being tough on employers), cutting taxes and spending and pumping up her independent record (number of times she has gone outside the party and voted against the Democrats). I shit you not, I'm getting nailed with mailers on these 3 aspects non-stop.

Rdean how are you going to feel when Illinois goes Red! Maybe with the conservatives in charge of IL, we can finally toss Daley out on his ass in 2011! Most corrupt Mayor in America hands down!

As a whole ,I trust neither Party on much of anything although there are a tiny few politicians that I like and support.

I hope the GOP wins this Fall;if the right kind win; and enough to turn Obama into a lame duck but I gotta say, I really don't care to ever see them have total control again until the neo/social ideology is eradicated.

What scares the ever loving shit out of me, John, is that the country has buried itself in a political cycle from hell where each party will switch off taking full control of the government every couple of elections. If that's the case we are really effed.

The key to breaking that cycle is for one party to get their act together and actually DO what they say they're gonna do while at the same time incorporating some for the moderate oppositions ideas to keep them appeased.

I hope the Republicans have learned this lesson.

Republicans will get elected because they are not Democrats. Similarly Obama was elected because he wasn't George W Bush. It doesn't matter what they are, it matters what they aren't.
And the public is sick of Democrats.

Yep, sick of Dems. So the next question, are they sick of replugs? What magic bullet have the replugs put forward to solve the economy?? What has the party of NO and "Do whatever it takes" done to help the economy since Obama was elected?

If Parties has FICO scores like credit reports, neither Party would have one past 400(which would not even get a high risk loan consideration)

Last edited:
Voters now trust Republicans more than Democrats on all 10 of the important issues, and they won't after the GOP is in power for any amount of time.

The GOP has...
The GOP has been held in contempt for years after they were in power.
So what? I hope they take over the House. They will then be held accountable for their actions with nowhere to hide.

think of the GOP in 2006. How long did it take them to go into the toilet?

The GOP today is promising not to be what they were 4 years ago. Most of the same players are saying they've changed their spots,.

:lol:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back