Voters In Nevada Screwed By Partisan Judge

NATO AIR

Jun 25, 2004
USS Abraham Lincoln
they should be allowed to register again due to the records being lost... and there should be an investigation from the highest levels of the US gov't (not the UN) to find out if this company really was destroying voter registrations
i just hope to god it isn't true and this is a one time mistake.

http://www.bluelemur.com/index.php?p=345

Nevada voters can’t reregister, judge rules

Clark County District Court Judge Valerie Adair told the Associated Press she wants people whose voter registration applications might have been torn up to be allowed to vote, but apparently not enough to actually allow them to vote.

Adair is an elected Republican judge.

In a ruling this evening, Adair ruled that re-registration Monday for a small number of Clark County residents whose applications to vote might have been destroyed by a Republican-funded group could not go forward. It was reported tonight on the Las Vegas television station KLAS.

Earlier, Adair said she was concerned about opening what she called “floodgates” to manipulation of the voter rolls. The judge held an emergency hearing this morning on a Nevada Democratic Party lawsuit accusing a canvassing company called Voters Outreach of America of collecting and destroying Democratic registration forms in the Las Vegas and Reno areas.

Several employees of the company in different areas of the country say that it systematically told employees not to accept Democratic registrations. Some said they actually ripped up Democratic registrations.

The deadline to register for the November second election was Tuesday.

NATO, I'm afraid this election may as well be already in the hands of the lawyers and the courts. The Dems still think they were "cheated" in 2000 and feel fully justified in doing the same. Republicans have been guilty in trying to figt back using the same tactics. Don't expect to have a president elect on Nov 3rd.

dilloduck said:
NATO, I'm afraid this election may as well be already in the hands of the lawyers and the courts. The Dems still think they were "cheated" in 2000 and feel fully justified in doing the same. Republicans have been guilty in trying to figt back using the same tactics. Don't expect to have a president elect on Nov 3rd.

that is so true... jeez, what a mess...

NATO AIR said:
they should be allowed to register again due to the records being lost... and there should be an investigation from the highest levels of the US gov't (not the UN) to find out if this company really was destroying voter registrations
i just hope to god it isn't true and this is a one time mistake.

http://www.bluelemur.com/index.php?p=345

Nevada voters can’t reregister, judge rules

Clark County District Court Judge Valerie Adair told the Associated Press she wants people whose voter registration applications might have been torn up to be allowed to vote, but apparently not enough to actually allow them to vote.

Adair is an elected Republican judge.

In a ruling this evening, Adair ruled that re-registration Monday for a small number of Clark County residents whose applications to vote might have been destroyed by a Republican-funded group could not go forward. It was reported tonight on the Las Vegas television station KLAS.

Earlier, Adair said she was concerned about opening what she called “floodgates” to manipulation of the voter rolls. The judge held an emergency hearing this morning on a Nevada Democratic Party lawsuit accusing a canvassing company called Voters Outreach of America of collecting and destroying Democratic registration forms in the Las Vegas and Reno areas.

Several employees of the company in different areas of the country say that it systematically told employees not to accept Democratic registrations. Some said they actually ripped up Democratic registrations.

The deadline to register for the November second election was Tuesday.

I live in Vegas and this has been on the news a LOT. The key statement in the above is: "Adair ruled that re-registration Monday for a small number of Clark County residents whose applications to vote might have been destroyed...."

It is pretty clear here that the claims are BASELESS and that this is part of a democratic ploy to lay the ground for claims of voter intimidation, etc. There is NO proof that any registrations were destroyed. Even the person that claims they were, said she never saw any destroyed.

BTW: The person making the claim was fired by the Bush campaign before she made those claims. Furthermore, it was later discovered she is a registered DEMOCRAT that claimed she was a Bush democrat.

Now tell me that doesn't smell.

Also, if you let one "re-register" then you open the door for everybody else that didn't register on time because of their own laziness, etc. to let them register at the last moment. If that happens, I guarantee you a lot of dead people will be voting democratic here, as it is OVBVIOUS Bush is going to win Nevada hands-down. I say, 58 - 42.

Forum List

Back