'Voters Do Not Like This Man'

They say Newt is creeping up in the polls but I am not getting how he intends to beat Obama. Nobody likes him and he has no money because of that.

People don't like Romney either though. Wonder which loser will pull this out again, it's another McCain freak show in the making.

End of the day, it doesn't matter.

Obama is toast. 9% unemployment, $4.00 gasoline, 5 Trillion in new debt.

No incumbant has ever won by villifying his opponent.

Either the voters approve of the work he's done, or they don't.

Right now they don't.

Yeah, voters like the Republican House soooo much better...
What's that got to do with the Presidential election?

No, voters don't like Newtie and a bad economy isn't going to change that fact.

Actually, yes, it will.

I absolutely think the RWers should nominate him. :lol:

It doesn't matter who gets nominated. Unless the current situation changes by next November, which is highly unlikely, Obama will lose to any of them. I don't know where you guys are getting this delusion from that Obama is somehow made of teflon.

r-GINGRICH-CLINTON-large570.jpg

By Sam Stein

WASHINGTON -- The most obvious interpretation of Newt Gingrich's sudden emergence atop the Republican presidential primary polls is that the former House speaker is riding the same anyone-but-Mitt-Romney wave that's propelled at least five candidates before him.

Gingrich does seem to be benefiting, in large part, from the insufficiencies of other candidates. But to those with whom he's sparred over the years, his boomlet is still difficult to comprehend.

It's not just that the man's presidential campaign is basically broke; or that he has been, for many decades, a creature of the Washington, D.C., culture that he now decries; or that he looks to be running a glorified book tour with a minimal campaign presence in the critical states. Gingrich, for his opponents, remains a fatally flawed figure, whose character shortcomings are matched only by his incorrigible bluster.

"I don't underestimate any of these candidates," said Paul Begala, the longtime Democratic strategist who witnessed Gingrich's rise to prominence from inside the Clinton White House. "It is a tough economy. The president would have a tough race no matter who the nominee. ... But every time I hear his bombast, it is a joyful noise unto the world, because voters came to know him 20 years ago and they hated him."

"I don't discount his intellect or perseverance. He has a lot of tools a politician needs," Begala added. "But God bless him, the more people get to know him, the less they like him. Voters do not like this man."

More: Newt Gingrich's Clinton Foes Reflect On Resurgence Of Their Bête Noire
I say voters don't like this man
images

I think if it comes down to Newt and Barry Boy the voters are gonna be looking for someone who can get things done. Someone who knows how to turn things around.

Barry can blame the Congress all he wants but he's POTUS. If thing are gong well he get the kudo's. If they are going crappy he gets the blame. Thats just the way its always been and always will be.

Newt isn't perfect but he does have the brains and the ability to turn this country around. He can work with the Dems as he's shown in the past.

This country could do far worse than Newt as POTUS.

The LSM is still in the tank for Barry Boy so we all know that anything negative will be used against anyone who runs against him.

Scorched earth won't be the half of it.

The voters are blaming congress for the bad economy. I think some of you might want to venture out there a little, away from Fox News and Rush Limbaugh and take a look at what is really going on.

They say Newt is creeping up in the polls but I am not getting how he intends to beat Obama. Nobody likes him and he has no money because of that.

People don't like Romney either though. Wonder which loser will pull this out again, it's another McCain freak show in the making.

End of the day, it doesn't matter.

Obama is toast. 9% unemployment, $4.00 gasoline, 5 Trillion in new debt.

No incumbant has ever won by villifying his opponent.

Either the voters approve of the work he's done, or they don't.

Right now they don't.

Yeah, voters like the Republican House soooo much better...

You can try to manipulate the polls all you want, but when congress is mentioned that also goes for the senate, and the senate is where voters are most disappointed, not in the upper chamber. If pollsters would actually put a poll out there with a direct question of which chamber of congress they disapproved of the most, I'm sure it would show the senate with a much lower approval rating. But they dont, they just put a poll out there asking for congress's approval rating in blanket form and even if you support the GOP led house you still have to neg congress as a whole due to the senate.

No, voters don't like Newtie and a bad economy isn't going to change that fact. A bad economy won't help him overcome his poor ethics, low morals and, frankly, his just being Newt.

Nah, I'll stick with Cain. Somehow removing the race card from Obama and the Democrats in 2012 just seems right.

No, voters don't like Newtie and a bad economy isn't going to change that fact.

Actually, yes, it will.

It doesn't matter who gets nominated. Unless the current situation changes by next November, which is highly unlikely, Obama will lose to any of them. I don't know where you guys are getting this delusion from that Obama is somehow made of teflon.

They know he is not made of teflon, but they also know that the Democrats have mastered the art of voter fraud. When unions are in charge of maintaining the voting machines, what do you think will happen? It happened in 2008, it can happen again. That and they mastered the art of the absentee ballot and having one person sign multiple ballots under different names.

(Its ABO in my book, that is unless you like the sight and smell of the OWS phenomena, which is simply Barack Obama's vanguard, working with Van Jones "From the top down and the bottom up" and apparently protected by a phalanx of lawyers from Obama's Organizing for America, after viewing yesterday's proceedings. "Don't re elect me and this is what you'll get" I'd prefer OWS under a Newt Presidency myself. Something about fixed bayonets being held in a member of the 101st Airborne's hands and the fear of God, and all that. But wait, that's restricted for only Liberal causes. Sorry, Gee, forgot about that.)

"Why I Support Newt Gingrich

Posted by William A. Jacobson Wednesday, November 16, 2011 at 8:30am

I have been agnostic on the Republican primary so far, but the time for choosing has arrived.

For the reasons set forth below, I believe that the primaries will come down to Mitt Romney versus Newt Gingrich. As such, the choice is not between Newt Gingrich and some hypothetical more perfect conservative candidate, as Newt’s most vocal critics would have us believe.

I’m supporting Newt Gingrich as the most conservative Republican who is electable and most qualified for the position of President.

The Case for Newt is Strong

It is not enough to have a “not” candidate. There is a positive case for Newt.

As to Newt’s conservatism, one needs to view his almost 35 years in the public eye as a whole. There are few politicians who have fought as hard over so sustained a period against the false narrative in which an ever-expanding central state is seen as necessary and the decline of the United States is deemed inevitable.

While any of the Republican candidates running can argue against a particular policy or piece of legislation, only Newt has shown the ability to see the historical forest for the trees, to argue for American exceptionalism and greatness founded in history and constitutional principles, not sound bites. This description by Melanie Phillips seems most fitting:

Faced with the apparently overwhelming power of the left-wing media and intelligentsia, weaponised through their Orwellian hijacking of the language of the centre ground and their career-ending bullying and intimidation of all who dare to disagree, many conservatives have succumbed to the cultural mind-bending without even realising they have been in effect captured by the enemy.

The reason why Newt Gingrich is striking such a chord is principally because he does realise all this very well, and so delivers a very clear message and the hope of a return to reality. He gives expression, in other words, to an authentic conservative voice. Gingrich is very smart, a serious thinker and a good communicator. He is also extremely tough and resilient. He is without doubt a Big Beast in the political jungle — beside whom Mitt Romney, his chief rival, seems a diminished figure….

Desperate times like these need a Big Beast not just to defeat Obama but to defend the free world.

Newt is uniquely capable of communicating a winning conservative vision in a persuasive and forceful manner, as the positive reaction to his debate performances demonstrates. Obama versus Newt on stage before an audience of tens of millions of voters could lead to a catastrophic defeat for Obama, while Obama versus any other current candidate could have the opposite effect.

Newt has a political history which fits very well with the current political and economic conditions. While Newt was a combative Speaker of the House, he also was someone who fought successfully to balance the budget, reform welfare, and implement an economic growth agenda with a Democratic President in office. An electorate sick and tired of Washington politics and deficits will welcome this narrative.

The Case Against Newt is Weak

Many of the personal criticisms of Newt are fair game and well-known, and we would be foolish to discount them completely. But Americans are a forgiving people on personal matters, and Newt has atoned for his real and perceived sins. Variations on “when I was young and irresponsible, I was young and irresponsible,” still work.

Newt has made some policy mistakes, but that is to be expected from someone who has been so forthcoming with ideas and solutions, not just polled talking points. Some of those positions have been distorted and misrepresented, but some of the criticisms are fair, as Newt would acknowledge.

We never get a perfect candidate. We choose among those who are running. So don’t tell me about all Newt’s supposed heresies unless you are prepared to make the case why one of the other current candidates stacks up better. Among those who are running, no other candidate measures up to Newt."

» Why I Support Newt Gingrich - Le·gal In·sur·rec·tion

Poll: Gingrich Strongest Republican Candidate to Defeat Obama | Newt Gingrich 2012

A new McClatchy-Marist Poll released today shows Newt is in a virtual tie (47% to 45%) with President Obama in a head to head matchup, the strongest of any of the Republican candidates. Gingrich is also beating Obama 47% to 41% among independent voters.

This poll says your a hack who doesn't know what he's talking about.

I think if it comes down to Newt and Barry Boy the voters are gonna be looking for someone who can get things done. Someone who knows how to turn things around.

Barry can blame the Congress all he wants but he's POTUS. If thing are gong well he get the kudo's. If they are going crappy he gets the blame. Thats just the way its always been and always will be.

Newt isn't perfect but he does have the brains and the ability to turn this country around. He can work with the Dems as he's shown in the past.

This country could do far worse than Newt as POTUS.

The LSM is still in the tank for Barry Boy so we all know that anything negative will be used against anyone who runs against him.

Scorched earth won't be the half of it.

The voters are blaming congress for the bad economy. I think some of you might want to venture out there a little, away from Fox News and Rush Limbaugh and take a look at what is really going on.

What the demoncrats have going for them nowadays is the cowcampshittingparty.. we have noticed that. yes we have.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
I like him, as does most everyone I speak to about him.

No, we know exactly what is going on here. The leftist character assassination machine is hard at work now trying to take Newt down, but what these IDIOTS like the OP don't realize is, when they start this shit, even as we expect them to do, it only makes us stand more firm along side our candidates. They can take their smear and lie threads like this one and stick them up their freakin' ass. No amount of this garbage will ever change our minds.

NEWT!!! - 2012!!!

Last edited:

New Topics

Forum List

Back