Voters blame Bush more than Obama for the economy

Voters are increasingly displeased with President Obama's handling of the economy, but a new poll finds most Americans still think George W. Bush is responsible for the nation's dismal financial state.

....the Quinnipiac poll finds more Americans trust the president on the issue than the GOP congress, 45 percent to 38 percent. Meanwhile, 48 percent of those surveyed say they will blame the GOP congress if a debt deal isn't approved, compared to 34 percent who say they will blame the Obama administration.

Voters blame Bush more than Obama for the economy | The Ticket - Yahoo! News

That's not what I heard Nov 2010, but please make sure Obama runs on that platform

A lot has changed since Nov 2010.

GOP is fading fast.

Obama and the Democrats are issuing dire warnings that the U.S. may default on its debts if the debt ceiling is not increased. This is a false threat. If the debt ceiling is not increased by August 2, it is highly unlikely that even one member of Congress would vote to stop paying on debt owed. They would not dare to be seen as voting to stiff other countries on money owed them by the U.S. Defaulting on our debt is a red herring argument Democrats are using to force people into thinking our only choices are raising the debt ceiling or raising taxes by closing tax loopholes. In actuality, once the debt ceiling is reached, it will come down to a choice of either raising taxes or finding areas to cut spending. Democrats don’t want to admit that cutting spending is a realistic choice. They are too dependent upon the votes of people who expect handouts.

wow, not to change the subject, but it looks like you've attracted the hate of a few people here, and all in 7 posts.. All them little RED BOXES. Don't let it get you down, there are some very hateful and childish people on this board and they play a lot of stupid games. One of them being with the Reps. Keep your chin up, they hopefully will tire of it and move their hate onto someone else.

Last edited:
he probably won't run again.

dope

Tell that to the MAJORITY of the American voters that correctly realize that Bush's policies are mostly to blame even today.

the majority of american voters, like you, are fuckwits.

rock on

Hmmm....you're calling the majority of American voters fuckwits? And you wonder why the GOP is getting their ass kicked in Wisconsin in a few weeks and why they can't come up with anyone who can beat Obama?

In the blame game you can blame Carter whose tax reduction and lack of impetus on energy independence wasn't strong enough, you can blame Reagan for growing the military industrial complex's power while hurting working Americans through regulatory nonsense, even though Reagan raised taxes like crazy his ideas have been pernicious, you can blame Clinton for NAFTA and other kowtows to corporate power with his lessening of regulatory structure, Bush Jr was so momentous a failure even his voting base thinks he failed, his money base still loves him, and I blame Obama today for not being FDR. But I guess FDRs come rarely. Allowing the tax breaks Bush gave the wealthy has been a complete failure and Obama didn't fight hard enough to repeal them. BUT FINALLY you can blame the American voters who vote for buffoons, and the buffoons who sit home thinking none of this has any effect on me. Go look in the mirror.

PS I was watching a Tea party freshman congressman interviewed the other day and this man was so dumb it simply boggled my mind. He blamed the entire economic situation on Obama with not a thought of the real world. When fools like this are elected America gets what it voted for: complete and utter idiots.

"The materialistic and selfish quality of contemporary life is not inherent in the human condition. Much of what appears natural today dates from the 1980s: the obsession with wealth creation, the cult of privatization and the private sector, the growing disparities of rich and poor. And above all, the rhetoric which accompanies these: uncritical admiration for unfettered markets, disdain for the public sector, the delusion of endless growth." Tony Judt 'Ill Fares the Land'

even though Reagan raised taxes like crazy

Reagan enters office, top tax rate 70%.
Reagan leaves office, top tax rate 28%.

Is it Reagan's fault that you failed math class?

Is it Reagan's fault that you are clueless?

You must be pretty young or at least young enough to not have worked and paid taxes during the Reagan years. Reagan DID rasise taxes, mostly on the middle class while cutting taxes for the wealthy. He also eliminated tax write offs for auto and mortgage loans which hit the middle class disproportionately.

The GOP is distorting Reagan's tax legacy - Sun Sentinel

Newsflash: Ronald Reagan Raised Taxes (You Idiots) | Firedoglake

http://money.cnn.com/2010/09/08/news/economy/reagan_years_taxes/index.htm

"By today's standards, the Gipper would easily qualify for status as a back-stabbing, treacherous RINO [Republican in Name Only]," wrote Tax Analysts contributing editor Martin Sullivan, in an article for Tax Notes in May.

Seems the people aren't getting lost in the RNC propaganda machine anymore. Woe for republicans in the next election.:lol:

2010 midterms where historical, that doesn't sound to me like people getting lost, sounds more like people waking up. And even better yet, 2012 will even be more embarrassing for the Obamabots and the Democrat followers. Keep selling yourself ideas that give you warm and fuzzies, because numbers don't lie, and the left are in some serious trouble in this next election cycle.

By 2012 the voters will regret what they did in 2010 when they see that the Republicans are still doing nothing.

Seems the people aren't getting lost in the RNC propaganda machine anymore. Woe for republicans in the next election.:lol:

2010 midterms where historical, that doesn't sound to me like people getting lost, sounds more like people waking up. And even better yet, 2012 will even be more embarrassing for the Obamabots and the Democrat followers. Keep selling yourself ideas that give you warm and fuzzies, because numbers don't lie, and the left are in some serious trouble in this next election cycle.

By 2012 the voters will regret what they did in 2010 when they see that the Republicans are still doing nothing.

But will they realize that the dims do nothing either?

Obama has passed more legislation than any President since FDR, despite the Party of NO.

Obama has passed more legislation than any President since FDR, despite the Party of NO.

Passing lots of legislation is not the answer to our current problems. We have more than enough laws on the books.

BTW what has all that legislation done to ease our current financial catastrophe?

I'll give you a hint: NOTHING

LOL, it should read, the Obama has passed more shit legislation than any President.

And his big one, the takeover of our health care is tied up in Court.

So yeah, He's been a legislating fool.

Last edited:

Passing lots of legislation is not the answer to our current problems. We have more than enough laws on the books.

BTW what has all that legislation done to ease our current financial catastrophe?

I respectfully disagree, it has made it worse.......

You said that they do nothing, and I proved you wrong. Deal with it.

LOL, it should read, the Obama has passed more shit legislation than any President.

And his big one, the takeover of our health care is tied up in Court.

So yeah, He's been a legislating fool.

Typical right winger, when things do not go your way, you take your toys and run home.

You said that they do nothing, and I proved you wrong. Deal with it.

So doing all kinds of time wasting shit that results in squat and increases our debt is what you want from government?

That's worse than doing nothing.

Uh-huh. And YOU just keep selling yourself ideas that give YOU warm and fuzzies. :eusa_whistle:

As we're seeing the voters will not stand for only balancing the budget on the backs of working men and women or the senior citizens. Without raising taxes on the wealthy there is no shared sacrifice. They got MASSIVE tax cuts over the past 30 years and it did squat for the nation or the budget. Hell, even Warren Buffet realizes that.

hummm, I am sorry I doubted that you were an elected official in Wisconsin, that gobbledygook above is proof positive you are telling the truth.

What was the usual response for any proposal Bush made from the Democrats?

"I Doesn't Go Far Enough!!!"

Remember that the next time you accuse Bush of increasing the debt.

oh yeah I remember that....not

I sent that msg from my Blackberry.....and it was "It Doesn't Go Far Enough".

We heard that garbage from them for 8 years and you can't remember????

What do you have......Alzheimer's???????

Every single frikken time Bush said he wanted a program that spent billions of dollars the Democrats always....without fail....

...."it doesn't go far enough".

When he started reacting to all of the screams that he wasn't taking care of the troops, sending them into war without personal armor, or up-armored Hummers, the Dems claimed he wasn't doing enough, spending enough.

I remember the turmoil that was raised here at Ft Campbell when journalists went on a witch-hunt looking for peeling paint and mildew. That started a massive rebuild of this instillation that we're still in the middle of today. Billions spent on rebuilding barracks and other post facilities. And the Democraps constantly criticizing everything that seemed out of place.

Who actually spent us into near bankruptcy the last 10 years????

Bush sure seemed to have a lot of help and I don't remember Obama voting against any spending.

walter_reed_vet.jpg

Last edited:
In the blame game you can blame Carter whose tax reduction and lack of impetus on energy independence wasn't strong enough, you can blame Reagan for growing the military industrial complex's power while hurting working Americans through regulatory nonsense, even though Reagan raised taxes like crazy his ideas have been pernicious, you can blame Clinton for NAFTA and other kowtows to corporate power with his lessening of regulatory structure, Bush Jr was so momentous a failure even his voting base thinks he failed, his money base still loves him, and I blame Obama today for not being FDR. But I guess FDRs come rarely. Allowing the tax breaks Bush gave the wealthy has been a complete failure and Obama didn't fight hard enough to repeal them. BUT FINALLY you can blame the American voters who vote for buffoons, and the buffoons who sit home thinking none of this has any effect on me. Go look in the mirror.

PS I was watching a Tea party freshman congressman interviewed the other day and this man was so dumb it simply boggled my mind. He blamed the entire economic situation on Obama with not a thought of the real world. When fools like this are elected America gets what it voted for: complete and utter idiots.

"The materialistic and selfish quality of contemporary life is not inherent in the human condition. Much of what appears natural today dates from the 1980s: the obsession with wealth creation, the cult of privatization and the private sector, the growing disparities of rich and poor. And above all, the rhetoric which accompanies these: uncritical admiration for unfettered markets, disdain for the public sector, the delusion of endless growth." Tony Judt 'Ill Fares the Land'

You must be pretty young or at least young enough to not have worked and paid taxes during the Reagan years. Reagan DID rasise taxes, mostly on the middle class while cutting taxes for the wealthy. He also eliminated tax write offs for auto and mortgage loans which hit the middle class disproportionately.

Taxes: What people forget about Reagan - Sep. 8, 2010

"By today's standards, the Gipper would easily qualify for status as a back-stabbing, treacherous RINO [Republican in Name Only]," wrote Tax Analysts contributing editor Martin Sullivan, in an article for Tax Notes in May.

Yeah, I'm young enough to know that 28% is less than 70%.
Reagan eliminated tax deductions for mortgages?
When did that happen?
Was it when he raised rates from 70% to 28%? LOL!

When did that happen?

Thanks for confirming the fact that all the GOP cares about are what the tax rate is for the WEALTHY. Since I was a blue collar worker raising a family back then I know that Reagan RAISED what I had to pay in taxes.

Uh-huh. And YOU just keep selling yourself ideas that give YOU warm and fuzzies. :eusa_whistle:

As we're seeing the voters will not stand for only balancing the budget on the backs of working men and women or the senior citizens. Without raising taxes on the wealthy there is no shared sacrifice. They got MASSIVE tax cuts over the past 30 years and it did squat for the nation or the budget. Hell, even Warren Buffet realizes that.

hummm, I am sorry I doubted that you were an elected official in Wisconsin, that gobbledygook above is proof positive you are telling the truth.

Uhhh.....I never said I was an elected official from Wisconsin. :eusa_whistle:

Wanna try again?

When did that happen?

Thanks for confirming the fact that all the GOP cares about are what the tax rate is for the WEALTHY. Since I was a blue collar worker raising a family back then I know that Reagan RAISED what I had to pay in taxes.

Really? So the 15% rate was an increase for you?

Forum List

Back