Voters are fed up with Washington and that means DEMOCRATS

teapartysamurai

Gold Member
Mar 27, 2010
Ah, the cruelty. Veteran lawmakers who toiled for years in Congress waiting for a chance at political promotion have discovered an inconvenient truth: This election year, Washington experience is a career-ender.

Four House members who abandoned their seats to run for governor have failed to survive their party primaries, and the list could grow in the coming weeks. Tennessee Rep. Zach Wamp was the latest to stumble in Thursday's Republican primary.

Add these losses to the six incumbents who have been defeated in their re-election bids and it signals an electorate sour on Washington.
"People hate Congress," said nine-term Rep. Pete Hoekstra of Michigan, who was pounded by rivals' ads about Wall Street bailouts, money for district projects and rising debt in his losing bid for the GOP gubernatorial nomination. "It was a hurdle that had to be overcome, or it was some baggage that you had to carry."

Recent surveys have shown Americans hold lawmakers in particularly low esteem: Just one in four people said they approved of Congress' job performance in the most recent Associated Press-GfK poll. Job losses and spiraling debt have left a significant number of Americans certain the country is on the wrong track. The fierce partisanship in Washington has convinced many that a broken government can do little to solve the country's woes.

The disfavor is evident this election, and both parties have suffered from the anti-establishment sentiment. Four House incumbents and two senators have lost primaries to keep their jobs. Another five have lost bids for governor, including Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison, R-Texas, who unlike her House counterparts didn't give up her day job.
Two former congressmen—Republican Nathan Deal of Georgia and Neil Abercrombie of Hawaii—are battling to win party nods for governor. Deal faces Karen Handel in Tuesday's runoff. Michigan's Hoekstra tried to emphasize his 15 years as a furniture company executive, but it was his 18 years on Capitol Hill that opponents used to pummel him in his second-place finish to Rick Snyder. While Hoekstra doesn't attribute his loss to the anti-Washington mood alone, he said it was a strong factor.

A lot more here:

Washington ties dash hopes for political promotion

Now here's the thing that the media is missing. It's not anti-republican, anti-democrat, it's ANTI-ESTABLISHMENT.

People are SICK of the RULING CLASS in Washington. Arrogant elitist Rinos and liberal Democrats who make it clear they think they know better than the American people how to run the country.

The only people who's numbers are rising are CONSERVATIVES.

Portman looks great. Paul looks great. Angel is pulling within the margin of error with Reid.

The establishment are left speechless. Trent Lott said he was troubled by the "Tea Party" and they would have to find a way to derail them if they ever win seats in Congress. This is the Washington elite view of the American voter.

They don't know what's good for them. If the voter has their way, it has to be derailed for "their own good!"

This is the attitude voters are FED UP with. It's wonderful to see. I hope this is a lesson that voters learn and keep learning.

Their "teach the Republicans a lesson" in 2006 ended up teaching THEM A LESSON. We all warned voters about it in 2006.

Make no mistake, the ruling class right now in Washington is DEMOCRAT. The liberal media keeps trying to make it out as both parites, but both parties aren't ruling right now. That's something to keep it mind.

Now maybe this country can get on the right track. :eusa_pray:

Last edited:
Actually it means both republicans and democrats.

Well that's what the liberal establishment keeps telling us, but it's just cover and they know it.

The Republicans are NOT in power.

They can't stop anything Obama does. I do believe it's anti-Rino but that doesn't make it anti-Republican anymore than it did in 1980 when people were fed up with the Republican establisment and voted in Reagan.

People might remember the establishment wanted Ford (in 76) and then Bush the elder in 1980.

The voters wanted Reagan. That's anti-establishment, not anti-Republican.

There isn't a Reagan on the Democrat side. There isn't anything close.

It's anti-Democrat, because they ARE the ruling class in Washington right now, and they don't have an alternative.

Congressional republicans are taking as much hate as congressional democrats.

There are more congressional democrats than republicans.

It will be interesting to see how it plays out. I do think you are going to see a lot fewer "Re elect Jack S Phogbound" signs than usual. And a lot more incumbents running as if they are challengers to their own seats.

A lot of marginal seats the challenger will have signs up that say "He voted for Tarp and 0bamacare. Send him home."

Congressional republicans are taking as much hate as congressional democrats.

There are more congressional democrats than republicans.

It will be interesting to see how it plays out. I do think you are going to see a lot fewer "Re elect Jack S Phogbound" signs than usual. And a lot more incumbents running as if they are challengers to their own seats.

A lot of marginal seats the challenger will have signs up that say "He voted for Tarp and 0bamacare. Send him home."

Look the Democrats ARE the ruling party in Washington.

The establishment is taking a hit.

Like I said, there is an alternative in the Republican party. CONSERVATIVES.

Like 1980 when the ruling class wanted Bush the elder, the voters wanted the alternative, and that was Reagan. That wasn't anti-republican. It was anti-establishment.

Same thing happening here.

But Democrats don't have an alternative. They are just different shades of extreme liberal and the voters and fed up with all of 'em.

;)

But...but...but......the failed policies of the last 8 years.......um....um......we inherited this mess.......and....the party of no.......and......they want the keys back, but they can't have 'em because they can't drive...........and, and, um, um......party of no, obstruction, haters...RACISTS!!

The GOP did stop several of the Dem projects in the Senate until they caved under the offer of pork projects for their states.

Yeah, TPS, both parties have the problem.

Voters were fed up in 2006 when they booted the republicans...Too bad the GOP in general, and their lame-assed presidential candidate in particular, were too stupid to get the message and and kept on governing like their alleged opposition.

If anybody in this world deserves Barry Obolshevik, it's republicans.

Voters were fed up in 2006 when they booted the republicans...Too bad the GOP in general, and their lame-assed presidential candidate in particular, were too stupid to get the message and and kept on governing like their alleged opposition.

If anybody in this world deserves Barry Obolshevik, it's republicans.

Well, my current wife has cheated on me 175 times.
But, my previous wife also cheated on me, 20 times.
Thus, who am I to criticize my current wife when my prior one did the same thing?

Yes, the logic makes sense, I LOVE OBAMA!!!!:cuckoo:

Well, my current wife has cheated on me 175 times.
But, my previous wife also cheated on me, 20 times.
Thus, who am I to criticize my current wife when my prior one did the same thing?

Yes, the logic makes sense, I LOVE OBAMA!!!!:cuckoo:

Did you just call Dude a Obama lover?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

bucs90, I can't speak for your marriage problems, but I can speak to the political system: either we figure a way to fix it, or none of this crap matters.

Hey granny get ready to see a bunch of fat old white republicans lose their jobs in nov.

bucs90, I can't speak for your marriage problems, but I can speak to the political system: either we figure a way to fix it, or none of this crap matters.

I'm blissfully not married. That was an analogy of how Obama supporters demand he not be criticized by the right simply because Bush also sucked. Get it?

But then again.......we've all heard you profess your love for lamp.

I'm blissfully not married. That was an analogy of how Obama supporters demand he not be criticized by the right simply because Bush also sucked. Get it?

bucsbabee, if that's the best you got, then you got left a long time ago.

Well, it be what it be. But I'm just having a blast watching you trying to hide the frustration of not getting the joke.

We get it. You love lamp. You've said it enough already.

I wonder how many times you've googled trying to figure out what I'm making fun of. :lol:

Jake: "I love lamp."

Topspin, thanks for the thanks. Nothing is more fun that debating those of opposite viewpoints, but being able to inject some humor into it.

I hope you don't also love lamp like JakeStarkey.......do you?

I'm new here so I'm not familiar with all the man love connections yet. But this thread was hillarious.

Last edited:

Well, it be what it be. But I'm just having a blast watching you trying to hide the frustration of not getting the joke.

We get it. You love lamp. You've said it enough already.

I wonder how many times you've googled trying to figure out what I'm making fun of. :lol:

Jake: "I love lamp."

I have no idea of what that means at all, but since you blow for it, Bucs90, suck deep.

Forum List

Back