Voter, voter on the wall - who is the most corrupt of all?

Saigon

Gold Member
May 4, 2012
Helsinki, Finland
It absolutely amazes me - who would ANYONE voter for Michael Grimm, Scott DesJarvais, Charlie Rangel or Vance McAllister?

Why vote for someone you KNOW is couupt, a liar and/or criminal?

US elections: The scandal-hit politicians on the ballot

Several US politicians could win re-election despite facing highly-publicised accusations of impropriety. What does it take to get voted out of office?

There's the married Christian who was filmed kissing a staffer. The law-and-order congressman accused of a $1 million tax fraud. The anti-abortion conservative who once asked a mistress to terminate a pregnancy.

Each is a sitting congressman. Each is on the ballot for the 4 November US elections, and each believes they can win.

BBC News - US elections The scandal-hit politicians on the ballot

There are no moral politicians. Especially career ones at the National level. So therefore many people don't even pay attention to such things.

It absolutely amazes me - who would ANYONE voter for Michael Grimm, Scott DesJarvais, Charlie Rangel or Vance McAllister?

Several US politicians could win re-election despite facing highly-publicised accusations of impropriety. What does it take to get voted out of office?

There's the married Christian who was filmed kissing a staffer. The law-and-order congressman accused of a $1 million tax fraud. The anti-abortion conservative who once asked a mistress to terminate a pregnancy.

Each is a sitting congressman. Each is on the ballot for the 4 November US elections, and each believes they can win.

I predict Edwin Edwards will do well in LA Congressional race.

I think Vance is toast; Duck Guys kin is running.

There are no moral politicians. Especially career ones at the National level. So therefore many people don't even pay attention to such things.

There are plenty of politicians who don't steal or ask their mistresses to get abortions while they run on an anti-abortion ticket.

There are plenty of politicians who don't steal or ask their mistresses to get abortions while they run on an anti-abortion ticket.

I'm sure there are, which would be great if theft and/or abortion were the only immoral acts out there. I'm 40 years old and have been a registered voter since 1992. I rarely find more than one or two even mostly moral candidates on a particular year's ballot. That's part of why on Tuesday my ballot will be left mostly empty beyond the ballot questions. I will not vote for the lesser of two evils.

You have corruption in your own country

I'm sure there are, which would be great if theft and/or abortion were the only immoral acts out there. I'm 40 years old and have been a registered voter since 1992. I rarely find more than one or two even mostly moral candidates on a particular year's ballot. That's part of why on Tuesday my ballot will be left mostly empty beyond the ballot questions. I will not vote for the lesser of two evils.

Which means you have allowed the most evil one to win. You have no honor.

Last edited:
Which means you have allowed the most evil one to win. You have no honor.

Yes, I have allowed the greater evil to win, in the vain hope that MAYBE people will start to open their eyes and see what's really going on in Washington, Boston, Albany, Sacramento, etc....

You have to realize that I live in MA. As a Conservative I haven't actually been represented by any politician since before I moved up here in 1998. I have lost all hope that elections are going to change anything. Only blood in the streets is going to do that.

Forum List

Back