Voter rolls

Any number of circumstances could retard accurate recording of such information.

Of course. And at the end, the information has to be entered by a person...and they make mistakes. Every big election we hear from someone who is recorded as deceased wondering why they haven't gotten any election materials this election. So far, nobody has been pissed about it. The woman I spoke with a couple of weeks ago thought it was funny. It was her husband who had passed away, not her. We had him as deceased too though. :(

I received a jury summons forwarded to me from the state where I used to live. The rumor was that you were put onto the potential juries by virtue of having registered to vote. So three years after I left the State, a friend of mine who still lived in the apartment sent me my jury summons. I had to call Houston and tell them I was no longer living there.

Yup...moves are another thing that don't always get updated...especially if the voter doesn't notify us. In state reregistrations work well with notification from the Sec of State but out of state moves are a different story.

Forum List

Back