voter registration

nbdysfu

Nov 17, 2003
www.justvote.org

information on applying for voter registration here. Don't forget to do this if you haven't already. Otherwise you won't be able to vote. Maybe this could be made a sticky topic?

Conicedentally,I re-registered to vote yesterday and the hubby today. We moved andI forgot that we had to re register. So glad I did. I have been meaning to for 3 weeks. I bleive Oct 4 was the last day in Ohio. I don't knowif that's everywhere though.

Is there anywhere I can check to see if I am already registered at my current address?

nbdysfu said:
Is there anywhere I can check to see if I am already registered at my current address?

I am not sure,I bet Kathianne might know-she knows everything!!!! :hail:

krisy said:
I am not sure,I bet Kathianne might know-she knows everything!!!! :hail:
Not quite everything! :laugh: Call your county clerk's office, they should be able to tell you or tell you who to call. My guess is they are busy this time of year, might want to do via email if it's an option.

Kathianne said:
Not quite everything! :laugh: Call your county clerk's office, they should be able to tell you or tell you who to call. My guess is they are busy this time of year, might want to do via email if it's an option.

Told ya!!!!!! :thewave:

I would also encourage anyone who belives they may not be able to make it to the polls on election day to find infromation of absentee voting.

MtnBiker said:
I would also encourage anyone who belives they may not be able to make it to the polls on election day to find infromation of absentee voting.

Good idea-some states are running pretty close!!!! It's important to just get that vote in.

I have gotten 1 person, that was registered but never voted and wasn't going to, now going to vote and 3 people that weren't registered to register and are now going to vote. WOOHOO!! 4 more votes for Bush!!! :halo:

UsaPride said:
I have gotten 1 person, that was registered but never voted and wasn't going to, now going to vote and 3 people that weren't registered to register and are now going to vote. WOOHOO!! 4 more votes for Bush!!! :halo:

:rock: :usa:

UsaPride said:

Way to go USA!!!!

:thewave:

Actually, you should contact your county board of elections to find out if you're registered or not.

And in case anyone's interested....

(here comes my volunteer schpiel)

You can contact your county headquarters to find out how you can help register voters and get absentee ballots to those who need them. We're organizing the largest voter registration movement ever and so far it's been very successful. For instance, you can take some voter reg. info to your church and make it available in the narthex or whatever. Just have the Pastor announce that it's available or put a little blurb in the bulletin.

And ask your friends if they're registered. Elderly neighbors. (But only if they're voting for Bush!!) You'd be surprised how many people say, "You know what, I'm not sure if I'm registered." Or "I moved last year and never bothered to re-register," etc.

Every vote counts!!

Remember to bring ID to your polling place. New Federal Laws require a form of ID.

Some ID types that are accepted.
Passport
Driver's License
State issued ID
Bill with your name at your address from the electric company (not sure if this is just Colorado, but it is accepted here).
Birth Certificate

Changes in polling places from the last year may have been made, make sure you know where you are going to vote.

These are the problems that I saw during the Primaries as an election judge, it will ease your day if you can just enter and vote.

Also, do not wear Candidate Gear. No Kerry/Bush Shirts or DNC/RNC buttons, nothing is allowed within 50 ft. This is electioneering and cannot be brought with you.

I sure do hope that MTV and P.Diddy can continue to push their liberal agenda on the "Hip-hop" generation. The way in which this group is trying to "help" young individuals learn about the issues is disgraceful.

Forum List

Back