Voter IDs=Racism?

Dreamy

Silver Member
Aug 2, 2009
How so?

If everyone is required to present an ID at the voting booth how is that a form of racism?

How so?

If everyone is required to present an ID at the voting booth how is that a form of racism?

Good point. I wish the States would just make the voter registration card a picture ID so if you have it; you have all the ID you need. Easy-Peasy-Lemon-Squeezie.

How so?

It's not racist at all. If the Carter Institute demands voter ID for all their monitoring world wide how can this be a form of racism?

For those who don't know, check this out. Is the Carter Center racist? I think not.

" One Cherokee, One Vote … With Valid ID, Just like Post-Apartheid South Africa Requires

Arizona Politics for Conservatives: Sonoran Alliance

One Cherokee, One Vote … With Valid ID, Just like Post-Apartheid South Africa Requires
June 2, 2012 By Caafaan-u-ma

Who knew Cherokees+Elections could be trending hot regarding election integrity this year.

The Carter Center, perhaps the most prestigious of the international election monitoring groups, founded by former President Jimmy Carter and former First Lady Rosalynn Carter, with 91 election monitoring experiences in 36 countries, which provides independent expert inspections of the integrity of voter registration and voting protocols around the world, recommended in 1999 that Cherokee voters provide Photo Identification to enhance trust in “the elections process of the Cherokee Nation.”

Cherokees, being dispersed through many states, need a reliable yet simple election protocol to capture as many legitimate blood-line Cherokees as determined by “Blue Card” tribal registration to vote, while barring opportunistic folks who just claim they are Cherokee without any proof, from voting in important Cherokee Nation elections.

Is everyone catching this?

Carter Center Post election Statement on Cherokee National Elections, June 1, 1999

“ATLANTA, GA….Before going into details, we would once again like to congratulate you on your dedication to well-run tribal elections and to the professionalism and unflappability of your staff. If you accomplished nothing else in this election, your voters can feel confident they have a truly secret ballot which should go a long way toward building their trust in the elections process of the Cherokee Nation.

Consistent with what was said in the opening above and …. the Cherokee Nation wishes to continue choosing its leadership through open elections, we suggest the Commission consider the following options:

Eliminate registration entirely. This can be done in several ways: Voting on the basis of tribal registration (blue card) with no permanent voter registration list maintained. Multiple voting in different precincts would be eliminated by checking tribal registration numbers against the master list;

Allowing day-of-election registration (Minnesota, Wisconsin, Maine). The voter simply appears with the blue tribal registration card and a picture ID, casts a ballot and is logged into the system…. Key to this system is a method of ensuring the voter does not vote in several precincts …

… Converting the blue card into a permanent ID card would facilitate either of the above options.”

Now this is from the Carter Center. Why are liberals and Democrats fighting so hard against ID?

Easy answer. They need fraud. Democrats need and must have voter fraud. This has nothing to do with voter suppression. And it has damn well nothing to do with racism.

http://sonoranalliance.com/2012/06/...st-like-post-apartheid-south-africa-requires/

So they want selective places for IDs? Jimmy Carter you racist!

So liberals and assorted Democrats and independents and Rs if there are any who oppose voter IDs at the voting booth, please help me understand.

Voter IDs=Racism

I am so damn confused with this equation. Anyone?

So they want selective places for IDs? Jimmy Carter you racist!

So liberals and assorted Democrats and independents and Rs if there are any who oppose voter IDs at the voting booth, please help me understand.

Voter IDs=Racism

I am so damn confused with this equation. Anyone?

Can you imagine South Africa being racist? They demand voter ID. Gee, in America the libs call it voter suppression.

In South Africa it's in their constitution. No guff. Was Mandela a racist? I think not. :D

SOUTHAFRICA Electoral Act, 73 of 1998 SECTION 38
“Voting procedure(1) A voter may only vote once in an election, and may vote only at the voting station in the voting district for which that voter is registered.

(2) A voter is entitled to vote at a voting station — (a) on production of that voter’s identity document to the presiding officer or a voting officer at the voting station; and (b) if that voter’s name is in the certified segment of the voters’ roll for the voting district concerned.

(3) When a voter produces an identity document to a presiding officer or voting officer as required by subsection (2) (a), the presiding officer or voting officer must examine the identity document and determine whether –
Electoral Act 73 of 1998 (ss 36-38) 29

(a) the voter is the person described in that identity document; (b) the voter’s name is in the certified segment of the voters’ roll for the voting district concerned; and (c) that voter has not already voted in the election.

(4) For the purposes of subsection (3) (a), the presiding officer or voting officer may require that the voter’s fingerprints be taken.

(5) If the presiding officer or voting officer is satisfied in respect of all the matters mentioned in subsection (3), that officer must— (a) record that the voter is regarded to have voted in the election; (aA) mark the voter’s identity document in the prescribed manner; [Para. (aA) inserted by s. 11 of Act 34 of 2003.]
(b) mark the hand of the voter in the prescribed manner;”

Gee South Africa demands voter ID. Is this voter suppression? Is this racist?

http://sonoranalliance.com/2012/06/...st-like-post-apartheid-south-africa-requires/

Okay let me see if I can draw the voter ID opponents in to enlighten me about this.

There is voter fraud? Yes or No?

If the answer is Yes then why not a voter ID to stop all that fraud?

If you say there is NO voter fraud then why the need for UN monitors?

Or perhaps IDs will impinge or encroach on the "good" kind of fraud some lefties stamp "Approved"?

"wink wink

If the ACLU requires a ID just to enter their building in Washington DC then voter ID should be Okay with them. Right?

No.

Entering a building isn't a constitutional issue.
Voting is.

That being said the idea that somehow requiring an ID to vote is "racist" is nonsense.
One would think you'd have better things to do than to try to pick a fight.

If the ACLU requires a ID just to enter their building in Washington DC then voter ID should be Okay with them. Right?

No.

Voting is.

That being said the idea that somehow requiring an ID to vote is "racist" is nonsense.

So if you didn't have a voter ID and was refused the right to vote, and went to the ACLU to complain and wasn't allow to enter because you didn't have a ID, its not a issue with you.

No.

Voting is.

So if you didn't have a voter ID and was refused the right to vote, and went to the ACLU to complain and wasn't allow to enter because you didn't have a ID, its not a issue with you.

No.

Forum List

Back