Voter ID

Perhaps I'm just a stupid conservative!

As they say, timing is everything.

The timing of this new and improved voter ID law was very suspicious and now the supreme court agrees that now is not the time.

Im a Democrat. I agree, its time to upgrade our current voter ID situation. However, you cant force these laws with out giving people sufficient time to obtain these credentials. Setting a goal for the 2014 elections would be something I could live with.

I agree 100%....they tried to steamroll this through to snatch the election. 2014 is reasonable.

Perhaps I'm just a stupid conservative!

As they say, timing is everything.

The timing of this new and improved voter ID law was very suspicious and now the supreme court agrees that now is not the time.

Im a Democrat. I agree, its time to upgrade our current voter ID situation. However, you cant force these laws with out giving people sufficient time to obtain these credentials. Setting a goal for the 2014 elections would be something I could live with.

What credentials do people need to obtain that they don't already have... At least the ones who are legally eligible to vote that is? Show me one poor person receiving Food Stamps who doesn't already have an ID card. Good luck with that.

Steelplate, Im a huge FSU guy, how do you think Lawrence Timmions has turned out. We loved him in Tallahassee. We have a young German kid, Werner, just like Timmions. He might be a late first rounder if he leaves early.

back to the topic. Its common sense some BS was up with these laws. But that fact you and I can agree that 2014 says a lot. I think most Americas would agree.

Steelplate, Im a huge FSU guy, how do you think Lawrence Timmions has turned out. We loved him in Tallahassee. We have a young German kid, Werner, just like Timmions. He might be a late first rounder if he leaves early.

back to the topic. Its common sense some BS was up with these laws. But that fact you and I can agree that 2014 says a lot. I think most Americas would agree.

This seems to be Timmons' breakout year. He's blowing people up, seems much more confident in LeBeau's defense and is fast enough and agile enough to cover all but the very best tight ends in the league. With James Farrior gone, Aaron Smith gone, and Polamalu, Harrison and Woodley taking turns being hurt....Timmons is the bright spot on the defense.

Glad we have him.

Yeah....I agree. Voter ID wasn't really an issue for me....it was the way they did it.

The approach of the GOP on this issues is a bit unjustified. Yet you and I agree as Democrats (im assuming you are a Democrat) that this issue needs attention in a common sense format. I want my Gma and older retired folk to have plenty of time to get with the program.

Dude, FSU has a RB/FB (RB in the NFL) named Lonny Pryor. This kid is a do it all bad ass, and he has Pittsburgh Steelers written all over him. Hes just that type of back. Durable, tough, great blocker and breaks tackles. He was born to be a football player, we will miss him.

That's quite a statement. It stretches my imagination, though.

What procedure do you have in place to verify a registrant's eligibility?

And unless you DO THAT, you'll NEVER know how many, will you?

A ballot is eligible if the voter is properly registered, period.

What "procedure" do you propose be in place to "verify" a registrants eligibility?

The voter MUST provide their CDL or SSN in order to register. That information is checked through a statewide system that verifies the voter's identification. If it clears, they are registered...nothing more to do but vote. If it doesn't, the voter must provide identification at the polls.

Does the State of California verify citizenship prior to issuing a driver's license?

If not there is no way to verify if that voter is even eligible to cast a ballot.

Non citizens can get licenses in every state.

You verify your eligibility when you register. If you lie on the form you go to jail.

We have speed limits, but don't limit how fast a car can go.

A ballot is eligible if the voter is properly registered, period.

What "procedure" do you propose be in place to "verify" a registrants eligibility?

The voter MUST provide their CDL or SSN in order to register. That information is checked through a statewide system that verifies the voter's identification. If it clears, they are registered...nothing more to do but vote. If it doesn't, the voter must provide identification at the polls.

Does the State of California verify citizenship prior to issuing a driver's license?

If not there is no way to verify if that voter is even eligible to cast a ballot.

Non citizens can get licenses in every state.

You verify your eligibility when you register. If you lie on the form you go to jail.

We have speed limits, but don't limit how fast a car can go.

Who factchecks the registration form? No one goes to jail if no one verifies the info.

Forum List

Back