Voter ID will allow Romney to win PA

Great, so when you can legitimate votes, republicans, win.....what a concept!
I mean it is way too hard to get an ID, you have to leave your home, such a sacrifice!

I still don't get the suppression part. Even if fraud is miniscule, what's the issue with producing I.D.? This nonsense about being too poor is just that...nonsense.

What's the argument if the I.D. is provided free of cost to all? Once you have it issued to you...you have it!

We piss away enough money on other things in this country. So there is a cost involved. Taxpayer money sure as hell is wasted on less noteworthy things.

Last edited:
I mean it is way too hard to get an ID, you have to leave your home, such a sacrifice!

I really hope that's what he meant, but if so, at the same time he's implying PA has so much fraud it can sway an election. PA must be really incompetent.

Dont underestimate the incompantancy of politicians........I'm not sure what he meant, you never know with these guys and thats republicans and democrats.....but I just dont see an issue with having to produce an ID to vote, I've forgotten my registration card and had to produce it and it's easy, so if I have to do it every time, it's not gonna be an issue.

I still don't get the suppression part. Even if fraud is miniscule, what's the issue with producing I.D.? This nonsense about being too poor is just that...nonsense.

What's the argument if the I.D. is provided free of cost to all? Once you have it issued to you...you have it!

We piss away enough money on other things in this country. So there is a cost involved. Taxpayer money sure as hell is wasted on less noteworthy things.

It would be nice to see state officals who are pushing for ID laws to also start a push to help people who don't have valid ID, get it.

Voter ID will allow Romney to win PA

The title would have been more honest if you had written"
Voter ID will prevent obama from winning PA

I really hope that's what he meant, but if so, at the same time he's implying PA has so much fraud it can sway an election. PA must be really incompetent.

Dont underestimate the incompantancy of politicians........I'm not sure what he meant, you never know with these guys and thats republicans and democrats.....but I just dont see an issue with having to produce an ID to vote, I've forgotten my registration card and had to produce it and it's easy, so if I have to do it every time, it's not gonna be an issue.

My point is similar but slightly different. Let's forego this election. How does it disenfranchise the poor if a system is put in place to issue the I.D. free? Hell it's 4 years until 2016.

I'm not buying the suppression part.

It would be nice to see state officals who are pushing for ID laws to also start a push to help people who don't have valid ID, get it.

No. I posted something after perhaps you did.

Move ahead to 2016. Four years to see that all eligible voters have I.D.

If it's provided at taxpayer's expense how does it supppress the poor? Once you have it..you have it.

If you don't bring it on Election day, then yes, too bad..you don't vote. Go home and get it.

I'm trying to keep this debate real simple.

If it's provided at taxpayer's expense how does it supppress the poor? Once you have it..you have it.

If you don't bring it on Election day, then yes, too bad..you don't vote. Go home and get it.

I'm certainly open to that. Unfortunately, that isn't what's happening here.

I'm certainly open to that. Unfortunately, that isn't what's happening here.

I know but I see some that are so vehemently against it, crying racism and all sorts of B.S. Some justify being against it on the grounds that fraud is miniscule.

The mechanics can be worked out by minds greater than mine but I'd like someone to explain how it suppresses the poor if it's in place for the next election cycle.

If the issue is just this election then I agree. Too late and Romney will have to take his chances.

Last edited:

It's not once you have it you have it, as IDs expire, people change address, get married, change their name, etc.

However I think giving ample time, ie enacting laws now that will effect the 2016 election, would be more fair. I also think we need vote reform, and that most of the real fraud isn't effected by voter ID and that that's where our focus needs to be.

pffft
It's already happened and yet even those efforts run into brick walls consisting of claims of "racism" and voter suppression from the left.
FFS Amy, in SC Nikki Haley has gone so far as to offer free rides to DL stations for those needing to acquire ID.

Gov. Haley plans rides to the DMV for ID cards | The Post and Courier | Charleston SC, News, Sports, Entertainment

And FUCKING STILL, the narrative is centered around the left's typical scare tactics of disenfranchisement and class warfare bullshit.

If showing a GD ID to vote is meant to keep the poor from voting, implying the poor have no IDs, one would assume no ID is necessary to collect entitlements. Is that truly the case? And if it is WTF are we thinking?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back