Voter ID terrifies Democrats

get_involved

Gold Member
Jul 16, 2009
“No one has been denied the right to vote by the Indiana Voter ID Law. The record clearly
establishes without challenge that 99 percent of the Voting Age Population in Indiana already has the required ID, in the form of driver’s licenses, passports, or other identification. Of the remaining 1 percent, senior citizens and the disabled are automatically eligible to vote by absentee ballot, and such absentee voting is exempt from the Voter ID Law.”

KNIGHT: Voter ID terrifies Democrats - Washington Times

To vote you must assert your right to vote.

Burden of proof is on the person doing the asserting.

“No one has been denied the right to vote by the Indiana Voter ID Law. The record clearly
establishes without challenge that 99 percent of the Voting Age Population in Indiana already has the required ID, in the form of driver’s licenses, passports, or other identification. Of the remaining 1 percent, senior citizens and the disabled are automatically eligible to vote by absentee ballot, and such absentee voting is exempt from the Voter ID Law.”

KNIGHT: Voter ID terrifies Democrats - Washington Times

Of course because a democrat could vote as many times under as many pseudonyms they have registered...

What the hell is there to stop them from doing that??? oh yeah showing an ID...

If it wasn't for voter fraud democrats would lose every election...

Yes, they are terrified. There is no rational reason to oppose it...other than people ineligible to vote will not be able to vote.

simply untrue.

why are rightwingnuts terrified of people voting?

http://depts.washington.edu/uwiser/documents/Indiana_voter.pdf
You will not find anyone, outside of a few bigots, terrified of people voting.

You will find, however, people who hold the democratic process sacred, and who are opposed to any effort to subvert it for political gain.

Yes, they are terrified. There is no rational reason to oppose it...other than people ineligible to vote will not be able to vote.

simply untrue.

I'm "terrified" of voter fraud.

Besides, if you're smart enough to vote then you should have an ID.

Funny how I have to go through the ringer to buy a gun which is my Second Amendment right, yet you fucking believe I shouldn't have to present an ID to vote???

I need an ID to drive a car, buy booze, buy a gun and get into clubs that serve alcohol or even get a hat at a hockey game yet you find it too unreasonable to be ID'd to vote????

If you're too fucking dumb to obtain an ID then your vote shouldn't count...

simply untrue.

Funny how I have to go through the ringer to buy a gun which is my Second Amendment right, yet you fucking believe I shouldn't have to present an ID to vote???

I need an ID to drive a car, buy booze, buy a gun and get into clubs that serve alcohol or even get a hat at a hockey game yet you find it too unreasonable to be ID'd to vote????

To paraphrase Tod in Parenthood:

You know, Mrs. Buckman, you need a license to buy a dog, to drive a car - hell, you even need a license to catch a fish. But they'll let any butt-reamin' asshole vote.

Liberals believe that registered democrats and liberals should be allowed to vote in their local 10 districts and No ID Required.

A Washington Times opinion piece, how compelling…

The oped writer does a good job of cherry-picking facts but fails to address the overriding issue: there’s no compelling evidence in support of voter ID laws.

He also cites the following:

In Chicago, a federal investigation of the 1982 gubernatorial election estimated that at least 100,000 illegal votes had been cast and that voter fraud had been routine for many years.

And?

It was an estimate, was the actual number ever determined? Was anyone prosecuted and convicted of voter fraud? Did the alleged ‘fraud’ change the outcome of the election? What Federal investigation is the author referring to?

An ‘estimate’ of voter fraud and that it had been ‘routine for many years’ is not sufficient evidence to justify voter ID laws.

A Washington Times opinion piece, how compelling…

The oped writer does a good job of cherry-picking facts but fails to address the overriding issue: there’s no compelling evidence in support of voter ID laws.

He also cites the following:

In Chicago, a federal investigation of the 1982 gubernatorial election estimated that at least 100,000 illegal votes had been cast and that voter fraud had been routine for many years.

And?

It was an estimate, was the actual number ever determined? Was anyone prosecuted and convicted of voter fraud? Did the alleged ‘fraud’ change the outcome of the election? What Federal investigation is the author referring to?

An ‘estimate’ of voter fraud and that it had been ‘routine for many years’ is not sufficient evidence to justify voter ID laws.
How do you prove voter fraud when you don't know who's voting?

It's ironic that Democrats have such contempt for democracy.

simply untrue.

You know, Mrs. Buckman, you need a license to buy a dog, to drive a car - hell, you even need a license to catch a fish. But they'll let any butt-reamin' asshole vote.

I know it's ridiculous....

I totally forgot about my fishing and hunting licenses...

Why the hell do I need a license to catch and release a fish??? I don't keep anything other than a salmon or on the rare occasion a fish that is astronomically large for its species.

I suppose I will bag a deer just for the meat...

Unbelievable...

simply untrue.

yeah...look at all the rightwingnuts they allow to vote.

amazing, isn't it?

but they aren't allowed to give IQ tests. *shrug*

and the almost non-existent problem of "voter fraud" is a subterfuge....

yeah...look at all the rightwingnuts they allow to vote.

amazing, isn't it?

but they aren't allowed to give IQ tests. *shrug*
Now who's wanting to disenfranchise people?
and the almost non-existent problem of "voter fraud" is a subterfuge....
No, but opposition to voter ID is. And it's not very well hidden, either.

The whole point of an ID is to ensure that you are legally entitled to vote. Nothing more.

The problem is that both parties at various times in thier histories have been accused of attempting to pack the ballot box. There have been enough accusations that common sense dictates that we eliminate avenues of approach. Using an ID does just that.

Those without ID don't vote. They don't get to drive, fish, hunt, buy a gun, buy alcohol, join the Marines, get into "R" rated flicks if they look young, or get into clubs IOT get stupid in public.

That sounds like cruel and unusual punishment to me. If I hadn't done all of the above I would count my life as having not lived.

Get your ID and get a life.

I'm Phil and I approved this message.

no. it's not. it's to ensure that elderly and poor people and young people have a difficult time voting.

because guess who those people vote for in vast numbers....

yah...nothing partisan about it... sure there isn't.

Forum List

Back