Voter ID, Registration Laws May Affect 5 Million Americans in 2012 Election: Report

Voting Law Changes in 2012 | Brennan Center for Justice

Over the past century, our nation expanded the franchise and knocked down myriad barriers to full electoral participation. In 2011, however, that momentum abruptly shifted.

These new restrictions fall most heavily on young, minority, and low-income voters, as well as on voters with disabilities. This wave of changes may sharply tilt the political terrain for the 2012 election. Based on the Brennan Center’s analysis of the 19 laws and two executive actions that passed in 14 states, it is clear that:

These new laws could make it significantly harder for more than five million eligible voters to cast ballots in 2012.
The states that have already cut back on voting rights will provide 171 electoral votes in 2012 – 63 percent of the 270 needed to win the presidency.
Of the 12 likely battleground states, as assessed by an August Los Angeles Times analysis of Gallup polling, five have already cut back on voting rights (and may pass additional restrictive legislation), and two more are currently considering new restrictions.

-------------------------------------------

And I thought Republicans were so patriotic. They want fairness in America. They are trustworthy. Most of all, they aren't racist.

Could I have been more wrong?
Typical liberal spin. There is nothing about positive voter ID that denies the vote to anyone. it merely keeps dead people and foreigners from voting. What we need is purple ink to keep people from voting more than once. Liberals would not be enabled to steal elections.:eusa_boohoo::eusa_boohoo:

Last edited:
I can honestly say, I don't know one person who doesn't have an ID..
How is that even relevant? And what do you do, check your friends and families ID every time you see them?

You left out the second part...

My poiint is, who the hell are these people? How does one go through life with no ID?

Predominantly minorities and the poor - that's the whole reason the Republican party wants to require id - to keep those people from voting.

How is that even relevant? And what do you do, check your friends and families ID every time you see them?

My poiint is, who the hell are these people? How does one go through life with no ID?
Because One is 100 years old and you didn’t need or get ID’s during that time period. Or because one does not drive, or because one does not have the money to go buy a special ID just to vote. Want more reasons?

Ok, so if you were born in 1912, you at no point in the last 100 years needed an ID?

Most states offer "ID only" driver licenses at very low cost.

Yeah, give us more stupid reasons...

Predominantly minorities and the poor - that's the whole reason the Republican party wants to require id - to keep those people from voting.

Oh, that's rich... so minorities are too stupid to get an ID? The poor? My 15 yo got their own ID with money earned at summer camp.

You're being ridiculous.

Because One is 100 years old and you didn’t need or get ID’s during that time period. Or because one does not drive, or because one does not have the money to go buy a special ID just to vote. Want more reasons?

oh for crying loud..It cost 5 bucks here to get a state ID..the 100 year old can vote absentee.
have a Id or DON'T VOTE.

Last edited:

Your boy, Obama could sign an executive order making them free to all that cannot afford same.

What the hell...$25,000,000 is chickenfeed to the Shpendmeister!:lol:

Is there some sort of neanderthal society living among us that never cashed a check or rented an apartment or took out a loan or bought a six pack of beer or entered a municipal building or drove a car or collected a paycheck or a hundred other things that require a photo I.D.? The dirty little secret is that it's hard to cast a vote registered in the name of a dead guy if you have to produce valid I.D.. That's why the radical left hates the concept.

You have to have ID to buy cigs, liquor, to drive, to fly, and may other things. You have the option of not doing these things and having an ID. You want to vote, get an ID.

Voting Law Changes in 2012 | Brennan Center for Justice

Over the past century, our nation expanded the franchise and knocked down myriad barriers to full electoral participation. In 2011, however, that momentum abruptly shifted.

These new restrictions fall most heavily on young, minority, and low-income voters, as well as on voters with disabilities. This wave of changes may sharply tilt the political terrain for the 2012 election. Based on the Brennan Center’s analysis of the 19 laws and two executive actions that passed in 14 states, it is clear that:

These new laws could make it significantly harder for more than five million eligible voters to cast ballots in 2012.
The states that have already cut back on voting rights will provide 171 electoral votes in 2012 – 63 percent of the 270 needed to win the presidency.
Of the 12 likely battleground states, as assessed by an August Los Angeles Times analysis of Gallup polling, five have already cut back on voting rights (and may pass additional restrictive legislation), and two more are currently considering new restrictions.

-------------------------------------------

And I thought Republicans were so patriotic. They want fairness in America. They are trustworthy. Most of all, they aren't racist.

Could I have been more wrong?

:bsflag:

You have NEVER thoug republicans were patriotic, or want fairness or trustworthy.
And you think all of us are racist.......You're a liar.

Does it matter what I thought in the past? We all know what you are now, even you.

You have to have ID to buy cigs, liquor, to drive, to fly, and may other things. You have the option of not doing these things and having an ID. You want to vote, get an ID.

Yea, because people who are 60 years old are always asked for ID when they buy cigs and liquor.

The fairness doctrine. Having to present State ID to vote is just common sense.

According to who? The Founding Fathers?

its "just common sense" because in the end it means millions of less minority votes, if you dont' think the Republican party is motivated by that fact you're an idiot. And how many fraudulent votes will ti stop? I've seen no evidence it would stop any at all.

Why do you persist in your belief that minority voters are incapable of obtaining appropriate bona fides to vote?

only if you fill up on lies instead of facts zzzzz

You wouldn't know a fact to save your life... you're the biggest liar here at USMB... that's well known.

So, when ya gonna take up the crusade against hotels 'cause they too require valid ID to rent a room.

They only do that so they can exclude minority travelers from obtaining a room.

I am quite sure that you, in you fervor to acquit you civic duty, will advance the funds necessary to assist those you cite to get the proper ID.

Again with how the minorities and poor are too stupid or lazy to go out and get what they need to vote. C'mon, do you have any mirrors in your house? How can you stand looking at that racist/bigot who looks back when you gaze into a mirror?

Is there some sort of neanderthal society living among us that never cashed a check or rented an apartment or took out a loan or bought a six pack of beer or entered a municipal building or drove a car or collected a paycheck or a hundred other things that require a photo I.D.? The dirty little secret is that it's hard to cast a vote registered in the name of a dead guy if you have to produce valid I.D.. That's why the radical left hates the concept.

Yep, they live among us...and they vote religiously.

You people really do see minorities and the poor as stupid, don't you..
pathetic

Forum List

Back