Voter ID laws.

RetiredGySgt

Diamond Member
May 6, 2007
North Carolina
6 States have laws requiring positive picture ID, 2 more are being challenged by the DOJ. Can someone explain how if 6 States already have ID laws how the DOJ can claim discrimination against the 2 new States?

7 more States require positive ID but it can include means other then photo ID,

16 more States have ID requirements but do not require photo IDs. That leaves DC and 19 States with out ID requirements.

The fact is ID requirements are more prevalent then not.

6 States have laws requiring positive picture ID, 2 more are being challenged by the DOJ. Can someone explain how if 6 States already have ID laws how the DOJ can claim discrimination against the 2 new States?

16 more States have ID requirements but do not require photo IDs. That leaves DC and 19 States with out ID requirements.

ENFORCED to the limit in my area of Florida, a few precincts were short of markers but EVERY ID was examined CAREFULLY.

ENFORCED to the limit in my area of Florida, a few precincts were short of markers but EVERY ID was examined CAREFULLY.

So explain how Holder ( for Obama) can claim Texas and South Caroline are being prejudice with strict ID laws when 6 other States have them and have for some time?

So explain how Holder ( for Obama) can claim Texas and South Caroline are being prejudice with strict ID laws when 6 other States have them and have for some time?

It is actually defective laws being challenged. Florida just came into compliance on another issue; the legislature would not pass a measure giving counties their fair share of the enormous* court fees collected since 2006. The threat of a lawsuit changed their tiny, rigid rightist minds. Texas & SC will find a Constitutional way to make voting as difficult as possible. But they must have well written laws to keep away "undesirables" from the polls.

*Jeb! cut out revenue sharing, the state still gets a large share of Court, and local government office filing fees, charges. and costs, now 250% higher than when he eased into a chair in Tallahassee. But the state didn't want to send any money back; Jeb! was in Palm Beach & Broward a lot of his eight years as Governor, Scott wants hundreds of millions for "projects" that are being built by his donors. Thus, the counties are being bled to fund more private prisons with substandard COs, and renovations of buildings that are three years old.

I gave $75.00 last week a to fund set up by some wonderful parents to help poor kids have school supplies; the Bush slashing of revenue sharing left rural counties with strapped school boards that cannot afford to help those from 'homes'* where the parents either have no money, spend it on their own vices, or the kids are bounced from relative to relative. There are lots of half built new buildings though, many have no furniture or other necessary "details" like lockers and seating in the new auditoriums. Jeb!'s boys made their bucks off of construction, NOT fixtures.

*I use the term loosely.

I'm not sure, however, I think it's funny that the ACLU and the DOJ keep getting their cases thrown out because they cant find a victem.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GBAsFwPglw]Paul Weyrich - "I don't want everybody to vote" (Goo Goo) - YouTube[/ame]

GooGoo mutherfuckers

A person should need an ID in order to take the basic civics required to pass in order to be able to register. Then they should the ID again before voting.

If you think this is not about keeping "undesirables" from the polls why do the republicans mess with early voting every 4 years? Why would voting on Sunday cause a concern? Why can't every take a day off to vote?

The worse part is the repubs do this every year. They find some new boogeyman until studies show there is not boogeyman (voter fraud) then they still demand that new laws are needed to keep the boogeyman away. Huh? Now repubs can't even say this is to combat voter fraud anymore....now repubs say "get an ID it's easy" after their justification have been proven false.

They don't even have a reason to require it anymore.

I'm not sure, however, I think it's funny that the ACLU and the DOJ keep getting their cases thrown out because they cant find a victim.

Then you must be continiously laughing at the birthers getting their cases thrown out, right along with thousands of other cases.

The Law has nothing to do with Holder's state of mind.

the laws are designed to keep Americans from voting.

Its their only reason for exsisting

I don't know what the other six states are, but if they historically vote Democrat, Holder shouldn't care. He goes after states that might vote Republican.

Forum List

Back