Voter fraud goes undetected.

BTW - anyone who thinks a voter ID law would stop the most serious and effective forms of voter fraud is an idiot.

What do you think is easier:

A) Convincing thousands of people (or more) to vote illegally for you

B) Finding ONE person on the inside to rig the election by altering the count

?????

How do voter ID laws stop B?

They don't.

The republican party is under a consent decree by the courts to police their voter efforts becausse they keep trying to concoct bullshit to keep legal voters from voting so they can win elections.

Its been decades and they keep breaking the consent decree so the courts keep inforcing it

So many logical fallacies, so little time...

Please explain how Voter ID would have caught or prevented the type of fraud committed by the mayor of Miami.

This should be good.

I did NOT claim absentee voter fraud could be detected by photo ID. The point I was making was to Chris Matthews claim there were no wide spread voter fraud. Point I was making was that there is wide spread voter fraud. Is that good enough, wise ass.

You just weren't all-that-specific about.....​

So many logical fallacies, so little time...
VOTER FRAUD GOES UNDETECTED.

Chris Matthews cannot be so stupid to think the only Government issued photo is a driver’s license? When a senior is no longer able to drive, they go back to the DMV and get a photo identification. My Downs Syndrome grand-daughter has one and she has never driven a car. I stop driving 5 years ago because of MS and I have a DMV Photo Identification. Cost me $5 then. I took senior transportation to the DMV to get it. Got in the line for the disabled and took me about 15 minutes. If you are to old to go to the DMV, then how the hell are you going to get to the polling station? I am 72 years old and I cannot count the times I have had to show a photo identification over the years. Showed it today to get lab work.

It is insulting and demeaning for democrats to say old Black people cannot prove their citizenship. If they ever attended school, worked, collected welfare, food stamps, Medicaid and Social Security and Medicare, they have proof of birth that is needed to get a DMV Photo Identification. I am a 72 year old minority and I take offense.

Chris baby, just because there has only been .0002% fraud detected do not mean there are many more undetected. 20 million people are in this country illegally undetected do not mean they are not here. We know they are here but we cannot find them all. We know there is voter fraud but we just cannot find it all.

Mayor of Miami was ousted in 1998 on charges of absentee voter fraud. Suarez helped fill out absentee ballot forms and enlist Republican absentee voters in Miami-Dade County for the 2000 presidential election. “Dade County Republicans have a very specific expertise in getting out absentee ballots,” Suarez is claimed to have remarked. “I obviously have specific experience in this myself.”
United States presidential election in Florida, 2000 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Please explain how Voter ID would have caught or prevented the type of fraud committed by the mayor of Miami.

This should be good.

[
Illegal Immigrants Are Voting in American Elections
Yet in the debates over what to do about the 8 million to 12 million illegal aliens estimated to be in the United States, there has been virtually no discus*sion of how to ensure that they (and millions of legal aliens) do not register and vote in elections.
The Cutting Edge News

We already have a registration system which, when properly managed, prevents illegal immigrants from registering to vote!

Voter ID would not prevent illegals from registering to vote. Think about it. An illegal immigrant manages to get around the registration rules and gets on the voter rolls.

Then on election day they go to the polls and state their name. The little old lady checking the names on the rolls then asks for ID. The immigrant shows their ID.

Good to go!

Fix the actual problems! Voter ID will not fix the problems. It will add another layer of bureaucracy to the government and a further impediment to our right to vote.

Now...take a look at this:
Portage County veteran, 86, doesn't vote after VA identification card rejected at polls

A Portage County World War II veteran was turned away from a polling place this morning because his driver’s license had expired in January and his new Veterans Affairs ID did not include his home address.

“My beef is that I had to pay a driver to take me up there because I don’t walk so well and have to use this cane and now I can’t even vote,” said Paul Carroll, 86, who has lived in Aurora nearly 40 years, running his own business, Carroll Tire, until 1975.

“I had to stop driving, but I got the photo ID from the Veterans Affairs instead, just a month or so ago. You would think that would count for something. I went to war for this country, but now I can’t vote in this country.”

Fact: US citizens in good standing have been disenfranchised by Voter ID laws.

How come all the patriotic, Constitution defending, right wing mouth breathers on here didn't start 15 topics on one day about the WWII veteran who was denied his Constitutional rights?

Hmmm....

Where were Rush, Hannity, Coulter, and Malkin?

Hmmmm...

I'd expect a thousand Tea Partiers to be raiding the voting precinct and stabbing the officials to death with their flag lapel pins.

It is most curious they were completely silent.

There is not a single case of voter fraud that anyone can provide that only Voter ID would prevent or catch. Not one. Many have tried to find one, all have failed.

You want to know the REAL motive behind Voter ID?

Here it is: Registering the Poor to Vote is Un-American

Why are left-wing activist groups so keen on registering the poor to vote?

Because they know the poor can be counted on to vote themselves more benefits by electing redistributionist politicians. Welfare recipients are particularly open to demagoguery and bribery.

Registering them to vote is like handing out burglary tools to criminals.

The leftist argument that requiring ID in order to vote is somehow an undue burden or an attempt to deny Americans their voter rights has been defeated in countless court cases. The DOJ has lost every single attempt to block voter ID laws.

Why?

Because your argument is asinine. You are trying to draw a parallel between Jim Crow laws and photo ID laws, and it only highlights your stupidity and lack of perspective or understanding.

The DOJ has lost this issue. Hey, continue to trivialize the sad history of Jim Crow by your stupid claims you are only embarrassing yourself.

The republican party is under a consent decree by the courts to police their voter efforts becausse they keep trying to concoct bullshit to keep legal voters from voting so they can win elections.

Its been decades and they keep breaking the consent decree so the courts keep inforcing it

Once again through your own words you are showing a stunning lack of intelligence. I won't bring up the fact that you are incapable of spelling at even a high school level, but I want proof that requiring ID to vote somehow is an attempt to keep legal voters from voting. Or that Florida's attempt to get ineligible voters off the voter rolls is trying to legal voters from voting.

Your argument, like yourself, is asinine. Again: Georgia, South Carolina, Arizona--EVERY STATE TO ENACT VOTER ID LAWS HAVE BEEN UPHELD IN COURT. YOUR ARGUMENT HAS BEEN SOUNDLY DEFEATED, BUT YOU STUBBORNLY AND STUPIDLY DESPERATELY TRY TO EQUATE REASONABLE REQUIREMENTS TO VOTE TO JIM CROW.

YOU ARE PATHETIC.

Hans A. von Spakovsky - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

von Spakovsky's nomination was opposed by Senate Democrats, who argued that his oversight of voter laws was unacceptably partisan and that he had consistently acted to disenfranchise poor and minority voters.[2][3] Opposition to the nomination was bolstered by objections from career Justice Department staff, who accused von Spakovsky of politicizing his nominally non-partisan office to an unprecedented degree.[4]

While von Spakovsky and the Bush Administration denied the accusations of partisanship, the nomination was withdrawn on May 15, 2008.[5] Von Spakovsky subsequently joined the staff of the Heritage Foundation, a politically conservative think tank.

Copy Paste, Copy Paste, You haven't ever had an original thought in your life. I can tell when you are copying and pasting because it no longer appears a six year old is typing. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

The leftist argument that requiring ID in order to vote is somehow an undue burden or an attempt to deny Americans their voter rights has been defeated in countless court cases. The DOJ has lost every single attempt to block voter ID laws.

Untrue. You should not make shit up.

Second, I am not a leftist.

Several states' Voter ID laws have been ruled unconstitutional and were either discarded or rewritten.

And here is the point I have been making countless times which does not seem to penetrate the thick skulls of people like you:
The Missouri court agreed that protecting the voting process was a state interest of the highest order. But it said the photo ID law was not narrowly tailored to meet that interest because it would not stop fraud in absentee voting or voter registration - the only voter fraud identified in Missouri.*

https://www.stlbeacon.org/#!/conten...upholds_voter_id_missouris_voter_id_still_out

Voter ID is a solution looking for a problem.

For all your bogus bravado, you are unable to provide a single case of voter fraud in over 200 years of voting which only Voter ID could have caught or prevented and that cannot be caught or prevented by proper management of current regulations.

Dead people voting? That means the management of the voter rolls needs to be fixed. Voter ID will not clean dead people from the rolls.

Corrupt officials rigging elections with absentee votes? Voter ID sure as shit won't catch or prevent that.

You want to add MORE regulations which are completely unnecessary and which disenfranchise WWII veterans. And you call ME a leftist!?!?! :eek:

Last edited:
I swear to God, the IQ of the average right winger these days really pisses me off. It used to be that we were the smartest people in the room!

This is the thought process of a Voter ID proponent: "Here is a guy who fraudulently voted with an absentee ballot. Therefore, voter fraud exits. Therefore, Voter ID is necessary."

It never occurs to these dumb shits that Voter ID would not stop this kind of fraud.

"Here is a guy who asked a poll worker for a ballot for a dead person. The poll worker gave him a ballot with that dead person's name on it. Therefore, Voter ID is necessary."

It never occurs to these dumb shits that the problem is that dead people are not being removed from the voter registration rolls. If the current government bureaucracy is inefficient, as conservatives constantly howl about in the healthcare debates, how is adding MORE bureaucracy going to IMPROVE effiency?

It won't. We need to fix the existing inefficient system. It is far, far easier to make the current system operate correctly than to add additional layers to it.

"Here is a World War II veteran who was denied his right to vote. Let's start 15 topics on USMB about how fucking outrageous this violation of the Constitution is! Let's work up some outrage over this dear precious veteran who risked his life for our freedoms was fucked over by a government official."

I made that last one up. The faux Conservatives would never think like that. It causes cognitive dissonance.

Untrue. You should not make shit up.

Second, I am not a leftist.

Several states' Voter ID laws have been ruled unconstitutional and were either discarded or rewritten.

And here is the point I have been making countless times which does not seem to penetrate the thick skulls of people like you:
The Missouri court agreed that protecting the voting process was a state interest of the highest order. But it said the photo ID law was not narrowly tailored to meet that interest because it would not stop fraud in absentee voting or voter registration - the only voter fraud identified in Missouri.*

https://www.stlbeacon.org/#!/conten...upholds_voter_id_missouris_voter_id_still_out

Voter ID is a solution looking for a problem.

For all your bogus bravado, you are unable to provide a single case of voter fraud in over 200 years of voting which only Voter ID could have caught or prevented and that cannot be caught or prevented by proper management of current regulations.

Dead people voting? That means the management of the voter rolls needs to be fixed. Voter ID will not clean dead people from the rolls.

Corrupt officials rigging elections with absentee votes? Voter ID sure as shit won't catch or prevent that.

You want to add MORE regulations which are completely unnecessary and which disenfranchise WWII veterans. And you call ME a leftist!?!?! :eek:

I apologize, every federal court has upheld voter ID laws. 9th Circuit Upholds Voter ID Law | Judicial Watch

Appeals court upholds Arizona's voter ID requirement | Fox News

Also Missouri is the exception. They still require ID, just not photo ID.

Again, your argument that requiring ID to vote, something I have to show simply to see an R rated movie, places an undue burden or disenfranchises minorities is absurd.

Because in your opinion voter fraud on this level isn't a concern doesn't mean that voter ID laws do not strengthen the integrity of American elections.

Purging voter rolls of ineligible voters is still something the DOJ protests on the same grounds that it does voter ID laws, and it is asinine.

I swear to God, the IQ of the average right winger these days really pisses me off. It used to be that we were the smartest people in the room!

This is the thought process of a Voter ID proponent: "Here is a guy who fraudulently voted with an absentee ballot. Therefore, voter fraud exits. Therefore, Voter ID is necessary."

It never occurs to these dumb shits that Voter ID would not stop this kind of fraud.

"Here is a guy who asked a poll worker for a ballot for a dead person. The poll worker gave him a ballot with that dead person's name on it. Therefore, Voter ID is necessary."

It never occurs to these dumb shits that the problem is that dead people are not being removed from the voter registration rolls. If the current government bureaucracy is inefficient, as conservatives constantly howl about in the healthcare debates, how is adding MORE bureaucracy going to IMPROVE effiency?

It won't. We need to fix the existing inefficient system. It is far, far easier to make the current system operate correctly than to add additional layers to it.

"Here is a World War II veteran who was denied his right to vote. Let's start 15 topics on USMB about how fucking outrageous this violation of the Constitution is! Let's work up some outrage over this dear precious veteran who risked his life for our freedoms was fucked over by a government official."

I made that last one up. The faux Conservatives would never think like that. It causes cognitive dissonance.

Your childish and classless language only highlights who the real 'dumb shit' is.

First, requiring ID to vote doesn't add to the bureaucracy. It hasn't cause the scope or size of government to grow, and you thinking that somehow it does is absurd.

Second, purging the voter rolls of ineligible voters is something that the DOJ is protesting in Florida.

What exactly is your point? That these laws that simply attempt to strengthen the integrity of American elections are racist?

Forum List

Back