Vote "YES" if Ohio public employees DON'T HAVE to join Union!

Do you favor Ohio Public employees being free to choose?

• Vote YES if you want employees have choice to join and pay dues

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • NO if you want 90% of union dues to go to Democratic party

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't care cause I am a Occupy Wall street anarchist..

• I don't know enough..

• Total voters

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
Below is a summary of Senate Bill 5 provisions:[7]

* Bargaining: Expands the topics that management can refuse to negotiate with public employees. Those topics include: employee qualifications, work assignments and staffing levels. According to reports, public employees can still bargain for wages and hours.

* Strikes: Strikes would be banned, along with a deduction of "an amount equal to twice the employee's daily rate of pay" for each day an employee is considered to be on strike.

* Performance pay and sick/vacation leave: Currently, the minimum amount for a teacher to be paid is $17,300. This would be undone by the law, replacing this by implementing a pay by performance provision. Sick leave would be reduced from three weeks a year to two. Vacation leave would be capped to five weeks a year.

* Union fees: Public employees would not have to pay union fees if they do not want to be become a union member. This was a condition of employment before Senate Bill 5.

* Governing bodies and contract disputes: The governing body of a city, school, or township would have the final say on any contract disputes that initially become unresolved.

* Charter schools: Employees of charter schools would not be allowed to collectively bargain. The only exception, according to reports, would be conversion charter schools.

Ohio Senate Bill 5 Veto Referendum, Issue 2 (2011) - Ballotpedia

Oh... so basically the situation is this... The Private Sector has destroyed workers rights.... so now we move to the public sector and make them slaves too.

All because rich people don't want to pay taxes. I'll tell you what... Let's just fucking gut the whole country and just hand all proceeds to the extremely wealthy... they will be all of our benefactors... they will mete out wages as THEY see fit, they will mete out justice as THEY see fit... they will be our overlords and they will be benevolent masters... because... well because they were smart and hard working enough to attain the money and power they have...so they have to be good leaders, right?

Yeah... can't be it's because they are ruthless greedy bastards and are manipulating the masses into feeling sorry for them so they can keep doing what they do... nope. Couldn't be that.

Oh... so basically the situation is this... The Private Sector has destroyed workers rights.... so now we move to the public sector and make them slaves too.

All because rich people don't want to pay taxes. I'll tell you what... Let's just fucking gut the whole country and just hand all proceeds to the extremely wealthy... they will be all of our benefactors... they will mete out wages as THEY see fit, they will mete out justice as THEY see fit... they will be our overlords and they will be benevolent masters... because... well because they were smart and hard working enough to attain the money and power they have...so they have to be good leaders, right?

Yeah... can't be it's because they are ruthless greedy bastards and are manipulating the masses into feeling sorry for them so they can keep doing what they do... nope. Couldn't be that.

Got a better idea. Let's do what these fools want. Get government out of our lives. On both ends. No more protection for labor. No more protection for management.

Lets see how that works out.

OK.. so is it better to have a handful of union leaders that have more in common with communism (proven facts) that are paid an average of $400,000 a year and send 90% of contributions to Democrat party WHILE any worker that is NOT a member CAN'T GET A JOB?
OK is it better that Boeing CAN'T hire 4,000 MORE employees because it won't be a UNION shop?

WHAT fucking good is a UNION if it prevents people from being hired?
HOW stupid is that and YOU want that type of mentality telling you where to crap and how much you should???

IDIOT!!!

ALSO idiot.. you wrote" The Private Sector has destroyed workers rights"
GEEZ why did companies move off shore?????
When a

"Take grass cutting. As defined by the current United Auto Worker contract negotiated with the "Big Five" (GM, Ford, Chrysler, and top parts makers Delphi and Visteon), an auto "production worker" is a job description that covers anything from mowing grass to cleaning the toilets.
In the real world, these jobs would be outsourced to $8 an hour, no-benefit wage earners, but on Planet Big Five, these jobs get the same wages as any auto line-worker: an average $26 an hour ($60,000 a year) plus benefits that bring the company's
total cost per worker to a staggering $65 an hour."
What is the average hourly wage of a UAW auto worker? - Yahoo! Answers

THANK YOUR UNION...

By the way I worked for a company where I HAD to join and my dues deducted and all the while the UNION protected co-workers that I had to do their work and mine because they were lazy and we had to get the job done!
UNION for the most part is a waste and adds trillions in cost to our economy!

Forum List

Back